In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Surveillance powers icreases everywhere!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Politics
This is already happening here in The USA with Secret Courts,Data mining,military face scanners,license plate readers,Surveillance cameras,e-mails,phone registers on all calls and Internet data on all searches with your internet providers!

Beware your profile is always being up dated by big brother! Have no fear it's all for your safety and protection from terrorist and other rogue governments!

serf

http://www.dw.com/en/uk-lawmakers-approve-most-sweeping-surveillance-powers/a-36449704?maca=en-newsletter_en_Newsline-2356-html-newsletter

The UK has granted unprecedented powers to police and spy agencies that critics warn is the most far-reaching of any democracy. The Investigatory Powers Bill, dubbed the Snoopers' Charter, had little opposition.

In Germany, recent legislation, and a controversial court decision, has expanded the state's intelligence agency's surveillance powers for counterterrorism operations. That law empowers state security agents to spy on allies and even EU institutions in the event of a perceived security threat.

Comments

• Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just send them an "Opt Out" letter and they will remove you from their surveillance.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    years ago i tried that with the county FSA office..said i wanted to be out of all govt farm programs and wanted my date expunged....was told NO CAN DO...you don't have to be involved but we will gather all the data on your farms, take all the aerial and sat photos and do crop measurements estimated yields, conservation changes, etc,etc anyway ...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    don't forget the coming wave of drones from every agency...will someone develop a personal radar to cover your home/acreage and announce any intrusion, notify your cell phone and unlock the gun cabinet
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "years ago i tried that with the county FSA office..said i wanted to be out of all govt farm programs and wanted my date expunged....was told NO CAN DO...you don't have to be involved but we will gather all the data on your farms, take all the aerial and sat photos and do crop measurements estimated yields, conservation changes, etc,etc anyway .."

The FSA may/will USE aerial photos but they won't/can't "do crop measurements and estimated yields" on the ground w/o permission to enter.
    I work for a government agency (not FSA).
    It is fairly easy to determine acreages and crops planted from current overhead photos-I can tell the acres planted, crop, growth stage, row width, and often how many times it was sprayed AND have multiple sources of overhead pics that are public information.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    "years ago i tried that with the county FSA office..said i wanted to be out of all govt farm programs and wanted my date expunged....was told NO CAN DO...you don't have to be involved but we will gather all the data on your farms, take all the aerial and sat photos and do crop measurements estimated yields, conservation changes, etc,etc anyway .."

The FSA may/will USE aerial photos but they won't/can't "do crop measurements and estimated yields" on the ground w/o permission to enter.
    I work for a government agency (not FSA).
    It is fairly easy to determine acreages and crops planted from current overhead photos-I can tell the acres planted, crop, growth stage, row width, and often how many times it was sprayed AND have multiple sources of overhead pics that are public information.

So if food became scarce and your crops was considered food they could demand your crops as theirs and control all your output? Seems it's all about control and The government is becoming the biggest collector for all data but it's all for your health and safety of course.

Remember what they did to The South by General Sherman.

http://www.civilwar.org/hallowed-ground-magazine/fall-2014/scorched-earth.html#

Georgia, stretching before Sherman's army with its red clay hills and sandy terrain, was the largest of the Confederate states. It had some large plantations, but many more small farms growing a variety of products: vegetables, cotton, sweet potatoes and, in marshy areas, rice and sugar cane. Well known to Sherman from his study of the 1860 census, Georgia's fertile soil still held potential to feed the ravenous Confederacy. Although beef cattle trudged along with his army, and he had his men fill their haversacks with food before they left, he knew that they could live off the Georgia land.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mobuck does NOt want to endanger his juicy postal pension by a media posting ...i farmed self employed for over 50 years and have seen the over reach of usda fsa and conservation programs...one director told me "you do not understand, numbers are our life".....once was held accountable to bureaucratic rules when a hastily rammed thru wetlands program had many plum bush hilltops and tree plots in the county defined as "sacred" wetlands..area the size of ny front yard where you were NOT allowed to move a shovel full of dirt...wheel tracks of an irrigation system could NOT be filled over level full of dirt thru a low spot ( that really helped the goo???).....one year of winter/spring drought crp was ordered burned by the compliance date...then some that did had ground blow dunes blocking twp roads...a week after the enforced date the govt dropped the burn demand ...oops to late... years later the whole program with more aerial photgraphy was redone at taxpayer expense...shhhhh