In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A Little Ruckus Down In Waco

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
edited May 2015 in Politics
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/texas-news/2015/05/17/multiple-deaths-reported-in-waco-restaurant-melee/27498095/

Nine dead, others injured in Waco restaurant melee

WACO - Nine people were killed and multiple other people were injured in a confrontation at a Twin Peaks restaurant on the south side of Waco early Sunday afternoon.

Waco police arrived at the restaurant shortly after noon after a conflict was reported between at least two motorcycle gangs. The altercation apparently began with an argument inside the restaurant which escalated and moved into the parking lot.

Multiple weapons were involved in the melee, including chains, knives, bats, clubs, and firearms.

No police officers are reported to be injured.

Twin Peaks and the adjacent Don Carlos restaurants were on lockdown. Police said the area was "active," but secure. Police asked that civilians avoid the area around the Central Texas Marketplace.

Comments

• grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    Too slow been posted just a few minutes ago.[:D]

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=653330

Okay Chris [;)]

Glad to see the 1%ers are helping Darwin.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wow that's some mean bicycle riders???
    first line on the page

Nine bicycle gang members were killed and numerous other people were injured in a confrontation among three rival biker gangs at a sports bar in Waco, Texas, that wanted the bikers there, police said Sunday.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    From the pictures, I identified colors of Scimitars and Cossacks.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Drop in some more guns and ammo and let them kill each other off.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Must be some of our members took off the weekend,,,,and showed how bad they are again,,those pesky GunBroker members![:I]
  • texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a lot of grey hair in the group. Probably be more dead if they hadn't run out of breath in 2 minutes....
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Evidently the beef was between Cossacks and Bandidos.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=bI4IpKrAd9M
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What no tow missiles or grenades used? [:D]

serf

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1996-04-18/news/9604180145_1_hells-angels-missile-launcher-turf-war

A few hours later, a missile tore through the wall of a house used by Hells Angels affiliates, the Avengers, in the northern Danish town of Noerresundby. Four people were in the house. The damage was minor, as the projectile embedded itself in an interior wall without exploding.

No one claimed responsibility for either attack and no one was injured. But police said they suspect the Bandidos, the Houston-based biker gang that is waging a turf war in Scandinavia against Hells Angels, based in Oakland.
    edited November -1
    Apparently the police got involved in the gunfire as well.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/rival-motorcycle-gangs-behind-shooting-texas-restaurant-article-1.2225691

Gunshots left bodies scattered throughout the parking lot, but it's not clear if they were killed by fellow bikers or police officers.- crime prevention [;)]
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Apparently the police got involved in the gunfire as well.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/rival-motorcycle-gangs-behind-shooting-texas-restaurant-article-1.2225691

Gunshots left bodies scattered throughout the parking lot, but it's not clear if they were killed by fellow bikers or police officers.- crime prevention [;)]

Damn, no pictures of dead hoodrats[}:)]Why don't other people think like me. All the police need to do is set up some snipers and as they come rolling down the roads, just open up on them with machine guns and rpg's and wipe them all out at once. Problem solved and lets move on to illegal immigration problem down there. Any questions???.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    From the pictures, I identified colors of Scimitars and Cossacks.
    There appear to have been several there, with some being Bandido support clubs.

I'm familiar with the wish-I-was-an-outlaw-biker C**k Sacks, but who the heck are the Scimitars and what sort of colors do they fly?

EDIT: Never mind. I just talked to someone and got a clear picture of the Scimitars. Just another circle of wannabes that express their freedom by organizing SOA watching parties.

One way or another, COC&I has some work on their hands.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Damn, no pictures of dead hoodrats[}:)]

Your day is now complete.waco-shooting.jpg
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn is correct about who was involved.

There appears to be no Bandido's involved.

That being said, no 1% MC club in that area fly's a three piece color set on their backs without being a puppet club of the Bandido's.

Trinity +++
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Were Are the Dead 'uns ????quote:Originally posted by Txs
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Damn, no pictures of dead hoodrats[}:)]

Your day is now complete.waco-shooting.jpg
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by texaswildman
    Looks like a lot of grey hair in the group. Probably be more dead if they hadn't run out of breath in 2 minutes....

[:D][:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    woodshed, right in the middle of the pic, at the bottom, there is a big blue motorcycle flipped over onto its right side. There is a dead guy beside that bike, wearing blue jeans, maybe a white sock showing on the right foot.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talk tough all y'all want to but even my crazy * aint gettin involved in no biker battle. Some of those "clubs" have members who are out to prove something, say what you will but some of them are dangerous. Been around a few "clubs", treat them with respect or it could get ugly.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TrinityScrimshaw
    That being said, no 1% MC club in that area fly's a three piece color set on their backs without being a puppet club of the Bandido's. Gold being a primary color on their patches is also a bit of a clue.

I'd lay cash a Bandido or two was present down there.
  • rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    aughta be 9 nice scooters for sale on c-list soon. gotta pay for a funeral.[}:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck
    Talk tough all y'all want to but even my crazy * aint gettin involved in no biker battle. Some of those "clubs" have members who are out to prove something, say what you will but some of them are dangerous. Been around a few "clubs", treat them with respect or it could get ugly.

Some mc clubs are just that. Riding clubs.

Others are nothing more than a collection of cavemen.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigcitybill
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck

Some mc clubs are just that. Riding clubs.

Others are nothing more than a collection of cavemen.

You notice I typed "clubs" not clubs. Reason for that, I'm not talking about the guys who's biggest crime is going to the hooter bar with the guys after his wife told him NO! I'm talking about the real "clubs" that are not weekend riding clubs. Big difference.
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    The Cossacks used to be a support club for the Bandidos, but a few years back got crossways with them and ended up getting smacked down.

They then supposedly starting working on becoming a support club for another national outfit that has long had a territory treaty with the Bandidos. I don't know how much stock to put in that, but I later heard solid info about a couple of that national club's members being in the area, but 'slick back'. Around this same time I learned the Cossacks were allowing folks to patch directly over from other clubs with no prospect period, which means that for some reason they suddenly decided to increase their number and chose to do it the quickest way possible. Not a good sign.

I don't know if this Waco cluster had anything to do with that situation, but I wouldn't be surprised. Thanks to RICO, these days business taken care of so publicly isn't generally done by a major MC flying their colors. That's how those support club members become prospects.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't get it. I really don't.
    Bikes and alcohol and guns and alcohol don't mix.
    This is all very STUPID !
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    woodshed, right in the middle of the pic, at the bottom, there is a big blue motorcycle flipped over onto its right side. There is a dead guy beside that bike, wearing blue jeans, maybe a white sock showing on the right foot.

I can see what appear to be four bodies in that pic. There are two to the left below the yellow car, the one by the blue bike and then one above that one at his two o'clock.

So it was five different OMGs, and the police were aware of the meeting and already had a dozen police officers on scene. Sounds like some of the bodies were inside the restaurant.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/18/police-report-multiple-fatalities-after-shooting-in-texas/

Police said nine members of rival Texas motorcycle gangs were killed Sunday and 18 others were injured after a meeting to settle disputes over territory and recruitment degenerated into a brawl and shootout outside a Waco restaurant.

The violence erupted shortly after noon local time at a busy shopping center along Interstate 35 that was full of people, including families marking Baylor University's graduation this weekend. Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton told the Associated Press eight people died at the scene of the shooting at a Twin Peaks restaurant and another person died at a hospital.

Authorities said that all those killed and injured belonged to one of at least five biker gangs who had gathered at the restaurant. The injuries suffered by victims included stabbing and gunshot wounds, with some being treated for both.

"This is probably one of the most gruesome crime scenes I've ever seen in my 34 years of law enforcement," Swanton said. "Within 25 feet there were families eating dinner ... I was amazed that we didn't have innocent civilians killed or injured."

Later Sunday, Swanton said that at least 100 people had been detained for questioning by police. It was not immediately clear if anyone had been charged.

Preliminary findings indicate a dispute broke out in a bathroom, escalated to include knives and firearms and eventually spilled into the restaurant parking lot, Swanton said. There were 150 to 200 gang members inside the restaurant at the time. Shots were fired inside and outside the restaurant, he said.

Swanton described the interior of the restaurant after a Sunday night walk-through, saying it was littered with bullet casings, knives, a club, bodies and pools of blood. Authorities would be working the rest of the night to process the reams of evidence, he said.

The Dallas Morning News reported that chains, brass knuckles, and clubs were also used in addition to knives and guns.

Police were aware of the meeting in advance, Swanton said, and at least 12 Waco police officers in addition to state troopers were outside the restaurant, part of a national chain that features scantily clad waitresses, when the fight began.

Swanton said that officers shot armed bikers, which he said may have prevented further deaths. It was not known if any of the nine dead were killed by police officers.

"We've been made aware in the past few months of rival biker gangs ... being here and causing issues," Swanton said. He said that the restaurant's operators also were aware of the meeting in advance, and he described the management as uncooperative with authorities in addressing concerns.

"Apparently the management (of Twin Peaks) wanted them here and so we didn't have any say-so on whether they could be here or not," Swanton said.

A statement sent Sunday night on behalf of Jay Patel, operating partner for the Waco franchise, said, "Our management team has had ongoing and positive communications with the police," and added that the restaurant was cooperating with the investigation.

Swanton addressed Patel's statement late Sunday night, calling it a "fabrication."

Rick Van Warner, a spokesman for the Dallas-based corporate franchisor, said the company is reviewing the circumstances surrounding the shooting and is "seriously considering revoking" the Waco location's franchise agreement.

Van Warner said he couldn't address what the franchise owners "did or didn't do leading up to this," but added that the company is "very upset that clearly our standards of safety and security were not upheld in this particular case," he said.

Doug Greeness, a biker from Belton, Texas, was near the scene Sunday evening. He said he's a member of a family riding club and was waiting for friends to be released from custody so he could return home.

Greeness, who was not inside the restaurant when the melee broke out, described the event as a meeting of a biker association called the Texas Confederation of Clubs and Independents. He said the group meets to "discuss issues within the biker community."

Officers with numerous law enforcement agencies were seen parked along the service road for I-35 near the city and were stationed in several points in downtown Waco around the local convention center. Swanton said authorities are increasing security in the area to prevent further violence among the gangs.

The Dallas Morning News reported that the hospital where most of the injured were taken was briefly sealed off by police in an effort to prevent the possibility of more violence.

"You could not get into the entrance unless you were having a heart attack or having a baby or in an ambulance," one woman told the paper. Officers searched everyone entering the hospital for weapons and moved relatives of the injured bikers to a separate waiting area.

Swanton told reporters that police had received information that more bikers were on their way to Waco late Sunday in response to the shootout.

"I would encourage them not to [come here]," Swanton said. "Because we have plenty of space in our county jail." and body bags!!

The Associated Press contributed to this report
    edited November -1
    This was a 'meeting to settle disputes over territory and recruitment' between the Bandidos and the support club level Cossacks?

I'm interested to learn if any major outfit has members attending those Cossack funerals - and whether they do so openly.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs
    This was a 'meeting to settle disputes over territory and recruitment' between the Bandidos and the support club level Cossacks?

I'm interested to learn if any major outfit has members attending those Cossack funerals - and whether they do so openly.

They are organized crime syndicated by henchmen on top with Drug money.

Would make some good brown shirts for Adolf Hitler. Stupid white men with nothing else to do with their life but act like idiots with violent acts of aggression to make them feel like there real He-Man and the Masters of the Universe or something.

serf
  • riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    hope no rides got scratched,,,maybe the blue one fell on the guy and prevented damage
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I affirm that no member of the Albuquerque chapter of Hell's Geezers was involved in any way.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    first major white on white crime this year, they better kick it up a notch if they plan on catching up
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    first major white on white crime this year, they better kick it up a notch if they plan on catching up

[:D][:D]
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have family & friends who live near Waco, and several are members of the Bandidos MC.

I have been trying to find a list of names of those who were killed, but I guess it has not been released yet.

I have looked at every picture I can find of the aftermath of this incident, and I cant find any photo's of Bandit colors. The only ones I did find were old file photos of a chapter in Germany.

I read that the meeting was of a confederation of several different Biker groups, who had met there to try and hash out territorial issues.

Bottom line it was to decide who sold drugs & pushed prostitutes on what street corner!

It would have been almost impossible for a meeting that big concerning issues like that to not have Bandidos involved. You can rest assured that they were there (possibly not wearing colors), and were dictating what was to happen.

I have also read that several of the dead were Bandidos. I sure would like to know for sure???

Who wants to take a bet that this restaurant closes down after this?

Trinity +++
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a lot of the Sons of Anarchy TV show fans living out their fantasy to be in a bad MC gang.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to have some good videotape of those fights. Fists, knives, brass knuckles and guns! A ten minute highlight video would be pretty good.
    edited November -1
    Yeah but don't think for a minute that Homeland Security is not down there getting a dossier on every white terrorist there! Obama needs the facts to convince We The people cannot be trusted with firearms!

serf

quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    Looks like a lot of the Sons of Anarchy TV show fans living out their fantasy to be in a bad MC gang.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If non-members were not at risk, why would you bother to stop the fight?

Just like the south Chicago. The plan in place, regardless of what is stated, is to just let them kill each other.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Middle of the day on a Sunday. Lots of regular citizens could have been hurt.

The restaurant is shutdown for at least a week. Liqour license suspended. Franchise revoked.

Cops may have done some of the killing. Sounds like they needed snipers on surrounding rooftops, would have nailed more of them.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    I would like to have some good videotape of those fights. Fists, knives, brass knuckles and guns! A ten minute highlight video would be pretty good.

I guarantee there is good video of the entire event. I am confident that both the ATF amongst others were conducting video surveillance of that event from several angles. I am sure they are enjoying the highlight reel themselves.[;)]