In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trump pushes for ?Arab NATO?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Politics
Well the die is cast for WWIII in the Middle East just a matter of time. I guess Saudi Arab will not be buying any nukes from Pakistan any time soon!

serf

https://apnews.com/ac9acf84ccc04de296c65ec1d1c38a5b

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met in New York with foreign ministers from Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates to advance the project. The State Department said Pompeo had stressed the need to defeat the Islamic State group and other terrorist organizations as well ending the conflicts in Syria and Yemen, securing Iraq and ?stopping Iran?s malign activity in the region.?

?All participants agreed on the need to confront threats from Iran directed at the region and the United States,? the department said in a statement. It added that the ministers had ?productive discussions? on setting up what is to be known as the ?Middle East Strategic Alliance? to promote security and stability in the region.

The statement gave no timeframe for establishing the alliance but said Pompeo would continue to work on it in the coming weeks and months.

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    way past time for a modern organization to secure this region
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a potential MESA to me [:D]

A nice knock down drag out fight between Muslims with the US and Israel watching and eating popcorn would be absolutely delightful but such things usually create unintended consequences
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck