In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NRA Members should be PUNISHED

simongirtysimongirty Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
edited March 2018 in Politics
Well that is what it looks like folks from Enterprise Holdings think.
http://www.businessinsider.com/nra-members-wont-get-any-more-enterprise-rental-car-discounts-2018-2
They have to get my business before they can "take away" my "discount"

Comments

• wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, They won't get my business anymore.
  • simongirtysimongirty Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    I wonder how many NRA members ACTUALLY used the discounts ??

I've been a NRA member for decades and never used a one...nor from various credit card companies or other 'associations.'

Tu remember who gives what 'discount', one would need a 35 pound book to research them so know to ask for the discount 'cause they won't aks or tell you.

[^]
    Yeah your probably right who cares if they try and punish you for being a member of an organization designed to protect your rights. For that matter who cares if they lie to the whole country to get your guns taken away? Who cares about the Constitution anyway? It just some old outdated piece of paper anyway, right?
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe some here will catch on That Giant Corporations are our problem here in America with Lobbyist and Super-Pacs controlling our elections!

But I am not holding my breath for money has a stronghold on the election process and probably means Gun control will be creeping into it & start the final battle for gun confiscation in the next few years.

They must get total surveillance data mining capture on all facets of the citizen's activities first to nip in the bud any rebellious activity.

Bet on it!

Just think if Hillary Clinton had won it with both Houses of Congress! Wake up! This could happen the election cycle in 2020 with a liberal Democrats and win it too!

Hell, they have a lot liberal federal judges in the shadows all ready to act! All they need is the majority of votes to pull it off!

serf
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Pandering"..at the highest level!
  • Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't get it. How is removing a discount "Punishing" anyone?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tech141

Yeah you are probably right. This has NOTHING to do with current events. They just decided out of the blue to stop a program they had been promoting for sometime now. If you really have to be given an explanation of this whole issue then any explanation will never suffice for you. It is really plain to see and I have learned a long time ago how this works. Have a great day.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by simongirty

Yeah you are probably right. This has NOTHING to do with current events. They just decided out of the blue to stop a program they had been promoting for sometime now. If you really have to be given an explanation of this whole issue then any explanation will never suffice for you. It is really plain to see and I have learned a long time ago how this works. Have a great day.

Oh, I understand the 'current events' spin, no problem. I just don't get the 'punishment' angle. "Punishment" implies a negative repercussion. Paying the same as everyone else (no discount) isn't a punishment, in my opinion. But then again, I'm not someone who walks into a place and expects to get special treatment because I belong to a certain organization.
    edited November -1

Oh, I understand the 'current events' spin, no problem. I just don't get the 'punishment' angle. "Punishment" implies a negative repercussion. Paying the same as everyone else (no discount) isn't a punishment, in my opinion. But then again, I'm not someone who walks into a place and expects to get special treatment because I belong to a certain organization.

Well giving someone a discount then "taking it away" can be construed as a form of punishment to some.Kind of like how prisons "allow" inmates to earn "privileges" then if and when they do not follow the "rules" they "take them away". That is considered "punishment" by some. I don't think anyone "expected" to get "special treatment" till someone offered it. I highly doubt anyone forced this company to give "special treatment" to anyone. They made the offer and when this recent event arose they decided to "take the offer away". Hence the perception of "punishment".
    edited November -1
    I don't 'perceive' it as punishment. But then again, I don't get up in the morning, and ask myslef "How can I be upset/offended today" either.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is not that they are taking something away.....they at just not giving it anymore.

To say they are taking it away would mean it was yours to begun with.

It is entirely their business how they run their business, and entirely mine if I decide to use them.....or not.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

Well giving someone a discount then "taking it away" can be construed as a form of punishment to some.Kind of like how prisons "allow" inmates to earn "privileges" then if and when they do not follow the "rules" they "take them away". That is considered "punishment" by some. I don't think anyone "expected" to get "special treatment" till someone offered it. I highly doubt anyone forced this company to give "special treatment" to anyone. They made the offer and when this recent event arose they decided to "take the offer away". Hence the perception of "punishment".

Unlike some who are, apparently, familiar with "prison operations", I don't see your perspective of punishment...like working for a company for xx $ per hour and then get fired due to lack of business is not considered 'punishment' IMO.

The purpose of giving 'discounts' is to suck members of organizations to utilize their services or buy their product.....when, most likely, those very same individuals would use the service/product anyway if they had a need.

Any business that has to "pay" to get business is thinking out their butt IMO.

There are millions of hard working officers who serve their communities everyday going to work in correctional facilities who are "familiar" with the procedures they employ.Is there anything wrong with that? Is there anything wrong with these fine hard working men and women? What does that have to do with the topic of companies projecting the notion that because you are a member of an organization they can punish you by re sending their offers right after an incident like that which occurred in Florida. People can bury their heads in the sand and deny what is going on all they want but that does not stop the fact that this company and others are currently openly promoting the fact that they are punishing anyone who does not agree with them. If it does not bother you as a gun owner and citizen go right on giving them your business. Others have a right to this information. BTW business "pay" to get customers business in many ways. Some via a high standard of service others via "rewards" so don't foll yourself into "thinking" they don't.