In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Climate Justice?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Politics
A big huddle event soon that will effect the whole world? It will never work unless the mad scientist come up with a carbon free energy source soon,very soon!

The only thing we will get is a world war to trimmed down the population explosion from third world countries Like Central America,The Middle East,China and India.

The politicians can't debate the population control much less control it so it's either a new energy source or war,diseases and famine.

Why 'climate justice' has India& China and the West at each others throats!

http://theweek.com/articles/584216/why-climate-justice-india-west-each-others-throats

The Paris negotiations are supposed to be the mother of all climate negotiations. It was convened to impose binding emission reductions on all countries - not just the West, as was the case with the 1995 Kyoto protocol - to hold global temperature increases to no more than 2 degrees centigrade over pre-industrial levels. To this end, each country has been asked to submit its own good faith reduction plan that includes both how much it will cut emissions and its plan for getting there. Once finalized after a review in Paris, the plans will be legally binding - although how precisely they will be enforced is anyone's guess.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    some ask china to stop building coal fired powered plants....puleeze.. will our govt destroy AMERICA to save the world...as if they care
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These brain dead idiots tell us that a warming climate is a greater danger to our grandchildren than the Federal debt.

They also seem to think the U.S. cannot salve the Federal Debt problem but that it can solve the warming climate problem.

Criminally stupid.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i bought a new 35hp utility tractor a few months ago...last one of that brand i could get with a TIER 3 engine...did not want a TIER 4 with all the emissions crap on it(forced mandate by the govt)...got a few hours on it so i expect to see some unusual winter weather in central kansas ...really ...but it's not my fault...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    i bought a new 35hp utility tractor a few months ago...last one of that brand i could get with a TIER 3 engine...did not want a TIER 4 with all the emissions crap on it(forced mandate by the govt)...got a few hours on it so i expect to see some unusual winter weather in central kansas ...really ...but it's not my fault...

Yep politicians have just now gotten to the farmers with their pollution control schemes. A Diesel vehicle is useless today if you travel less that fifty miles in a day before regeneration kicks in!

Just ask Volkswagen! That's why they cheated,diesels are going to phase out completely before long in daily commutes.

I have an old diesel Cummins truck,going to drive it until I die or the government bans it! [:o)]

serf
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What irks me is "global warming/climate change" is a "recognized" problem. And, in being such, now there is "Federal Funding" to research and develop an answer to it. That means your taxpayer dollars.

With that said, I don't think we need to continue to pollute if we don't have to. I've seen L.A., California (and other big cities) back before there were emission controls. Smog was a very real issue there back then. It still is. But, even with twice the people, it's not as bad as it was in the '60/70's. I've also seen rivers choked with garbage and industrial waste. I thought I'd never see them run clean again. But, with effort this country has made a huge difference in cleaning up and bettering it's processes.

Yeah, we do need to watch ourselves in what we dump back on the environment. But, the whole "give it a name" campaign (GW/CC) is all about entitling trust fund babies in think tanks to more of our dollars through grants.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dept of energy is one of the biggest sump dumps in govt...started on a shoe string to make the usa energy independent....now soaks up billions a year and accomplishes.... NOTHING ...
  • Options
    RTKBARTKBA Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fossil fuel has been out dated for a long time now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8-dCIkJAjyM
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    dept of energy is one of the biggest sump dumps in govt...started on a shoe string to make the usa energy independent....now soaks up billions a year and accomplishes.... NOTHING ...

Of course it accomplishes something; it grows itself larger and larger at your expense and helps government control your life.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just read within the last couple days, a world-wide conference, where "man-made" issues are causing this global warming. That the excessive rain in Texas and South Carolina this year are directly attributable to a man-made event.

Really? None of the volcanos popping off in the last few years are even mentioned as causes of any major weather events.

Talk about a bunch of pompous elitists vying for control over your life. Because they said....that's why.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RTKBA

Let's see you need a hot and a cold water at the same time to get any mechanical energy out of the wires? Duh? How much energy put in do you get back with a small lite flywheel turning?

Looks like it's not very efficient unless you can tapped into a hot and cold source at the same time. Very unlikely in most instances. It's a sterling engine nothing new here!

serf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirling_engine

Because the Stirling engine is compatible with alternative and renewable energy sources it could become increasingly significant as the price of conventional fuels rises, and also in light of concerns such as peak oil and climate change. This engine is currently exciting interest as the core component of micro combined heat and power (CHP) units, in which it is more efficient and safer than a comparable steam engine.[5][6] However, it has a low power-to-weight ratio [4] rendering it more suitable for use in static installations where space and weight are not at a premium.

serf
  • Options
    vrabinecvrabinec Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, since all these other countries screwed up their economies and politics so bad that they forced us to come to America, then ultimately it's their fault. I mean, you can't really blame the American Indians for global warming, right?
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RTKBA

I really don't how this has made fossil fuel outdated, even in the near future.
    Discovered in the 70's and over 40 years later how many are in use today?
    It is cool technology thou.[:)]
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny thing is REAL science not that liberal BS "science" points to a new maunder minimum starting soon resulting in another real ICE Age.

Too bad liberals are not good for heating fuel or eating.....
  • Options
    llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This climate change crap has gotten out of hand. Proof came when the new dope I mean pope has invented a NEW sin. Pollution. This guy seems to believe that God cannot fix or change what man has wrought on this planet.
    If God can't fix it all, he basically said God is powerless. Following this train of thought God might as well be dead. This means he leads about 1 billion people in the largest Ponzi scheme in history, followed by the ISIS * holes. I don't believe God needs help doing anything. He,She, or It will do whatever it wants.