In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Women To Register For The Military Draft ?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in Politics
Well here's a big one slipping by The Sheple. Just think now your daughter,sister mother or niece can be drafted into the Arm Services into Combat.

Of course there is no Constitutional Amendment for Equal Rights for Women because it failed to to be ratified! Never matter your illustrious Congress will pass it for them anyway!

If and when they do draft equally look for the women to start crying they are not equal which I totally agree with them but it will be much too late for them because we are not a Judaeo-Christian nation any more! Bet on it!

serf

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/04/28/women-military-draft-bill/

The House Armed Services Committee approved a measure that requires women to register with the Selective Services and for the possibility of being drafted into the military, CBS News reported.

The bill passed by a committee vote of 32-30 on Wednesday, without the support of bill sponsor Rep. Duncan Hunter, according to CBS News.

Under current law, all men ages 18 to 26 are required to register with the Selective Service, in case a draft needs to be enacted, according to the Military Times.

Comments

• Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good.

With equal rights comes equal responsibilities.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Good.

With equal rights comes equal responsibilities.

It ain't going to be that easy,they are going to eat their cake and keep it too. Unless they are physically fit like a man to serve in the unit assigned then they will be given a sliding scale of deferment to qualify.

It's going to be quagmire of rules and then there is the I am pregnant get out jail card. It's foolish progressive thinking that the sexes are equal in physical combat. Only when your back is against the wall would you put women in physical combat.

Of course test tube babies may be in the future where women are not needed to be mother's and nurture the young.

Then there is the failure of Equal Rights Amendment that was never ratified by congress that makes case law strong however our Supreme Court would never consider the past Judea Christian law makers in the past as having any brains about why we should let wisdom be our guide.

After all science trumps religious thoughts about nuclear families and how it been for thousands of years.

serf
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If we can still get voluntary enlistments after 15 years of squandering life and limb as we have done, there is no need for a draft and this legislation is a tremongous waste of time.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We still need a selective service system.If not military 2 years to your nation in another job...all should serve..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    We still need a selective service system.If not military 2 years to your nation in another job...all should serve..

It's not about serving our country it's about feminism demanding that men are equal to women now,just like happy couples being married just like a traditional nuclear families have been for thousands of years.

It's the destruction and taking over of Judaeo Christian values into the system of government. A women is a weaker vessel according to scriptures. Other bible translations say equal instead of heirs. It's all a con game by mankind to change the meaning of words.

A suicide bomber is really a homicide bomber believe it or not! People don't think now they just accept whatever the government pushes on them.

serf

Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see no problems as long as the units stay segregated(not mixed male/female). There are a huge number of females who have grown up knowing nothing except playing on their phone/computer. They need some background and/or experience in something practical and REAL.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mobuck- do you think that present day military units are segregated by sex? There have been a very few combat MOS's that were male only, but there has not been a Women's Army Corp since 1978.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Mobuck- do you think that present day military units are segregated by sex? There have been a very few combat MOS's that were male only, but there has not been a Women's Army Corp since 1978."

I don't think I mentioned the current situation. What I said was, if females are drafted, the military should build all female units to accommodate the female draftees.
    FWIW My connection with the military ended several years prior to 1978.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    "Mobuck- do you think that present day military units are segregated by sex? There have been a very few combat MOS's that were male only, but there has not been a Women's Army Corp since 1978."

I don't think I mentioned the current situation. What I said was, if females are drafted, the military should build all female units to accommodate the female draftees.
    FWIW My connection with the military ended several years prior to 1978.

They are going to let the volunteer arm-forces females set precedence in law if this bill passes and if and when there is a serious event that commands a general call up(succession from The Union / external terrorism) then all eligible females 18-65 years will be available for military service just like males. End of story.

They will fight along side males in all fields of actions in order to hold the classification of being EQUAL which they are not. Maybe in some areas but diffidently not all.

serf
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

I recommend you rethink that stance.

Serve what?
    The nation that is so corrupt nothing happens for the good of the people led by Marxists, cheats and liars?

Serve Whom?
    A President that insults working people and panders to rag heads and illegal aliens invading our nation?

I serve my nation enough as it is; my tax bill makes me ill.

The POTUS and our government can KMA in the middle of main street at high noon. I admire the folks that sign on the dotted line for Military service, double that with Obama as the Boss, God bless them all. They are truly brave souls in my mind working for a POS that lacks any respect for them.
  • llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that women would be determental to any combat unit. If a female soldier is wounded or captured the male soldiers would go too far to save one, as all had good moms and were raised to do the right thing even if it is counter intuitive and against orders.
    I want all troops to come home. After all the approval rates for osambo are around 15%.
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    If women can do anything a man can do,I wonder when the UFC will start sanctioning male/female bouts in same weight classes...[:o)]