In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Military Vets For Clinton?

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
edited August 2016 in Politics
https://www.facebook.com/MilitaryVetsforClinton/

I figure such a group could have its meetings in a phone booth.

Comments

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is incomprehensible that any Military Vet could vote for that POS!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When her challenger has stated that he would ask our military to torture combatants and kill their families, I guess I can understand a professional military man thinking about alternatives.

Why they would go towards Clinton over Johnson doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am for doing what ever that will keep my country safe...do it![;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

Do you believe that 'water boarding and worse' and killing the families of jihadists will keep your country safe?

These very acts would demonstrate that my country no longer existed.

Brad Steele
  • varsity07840varsity07840 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • varsity07840varsity07840 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    It is incomprehensible that any Military Vet could vote for that POS!

You're referring to Trump, correct?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by varsity07840
    Well said
    The Hillary Forum is on the other page.....[:o)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

Do you believe that 'water boarding and worse' and killing the families of jihadists will keep your country safe?

These very acts would demonstrate that my country no longer existed.

I believe in winning at all cost...! No Quarter!...especially if I am at war!....Chivalry died at Appomattox..
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    https://www.facebook.com/MilitaryVetsforClinton/

I figure such a group could have its meetings in a phone booth.

bingo.gif

However, the TYPICAL FULL CROWD might need a larger venue, like half a basketball court.
    trump-hillary-crowd.jpg
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe in letting the enemy set the rules. Whatever he does is fair game for us. I got news. There weren't any rules in the second world war. What's worse waterboarding or droning. Chris Kyle said" I gave them a 165grains of due process." He's my man.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2?
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we worry about using tickle me elmo tactics while they use beheading, IED's, killing women & children, kidnapping, torture, rape, and slavery...to name a few ...the moral high ground is an illusion ...winners kill losers...period..it's past time to go to WIN
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When her challenger has stated that he would ask our military to torture combatants and kill their families, I guess I can understand a professional military man thinking about alternatives.

Most military active and retired have figured out a vote for Johnson is a defacto vote for MRs Bill Clinton.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr

Most military active and retired have figured out a vote for Johnson is a defacto vote for MRs Bill Clinton.

Cowering to the two-party mantra is not 'figuring out'.

Brad Steele
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The libertarian POV unless it has changed involves closing All overseas bases and an unprecedented scaling back of at least 60% of the military. Some libertarians go so far as wanting to totally dismantle the nuclear triad and a total non intervention policy.

If Neville Chamberlain was alive today, he would be a libertarian.
    edited November -1

The libertarian POV unless it has changed involves closing All overseas bases and an unprecedented scaling back of at least 60% of the military. Some libertarians go so far as wanting to totally dismantle the nuclear triad and a total non intervention policy.

If Neville Chamberlain was alive today, he would be a libertarian.

It is a common mistake to conflate principled non-intervention with disengagement and institutional cowardice. The current platform and position papers do encourage the removal of U.S. Forces from foreign countries, and rather vaguely states that the military needs to be sufficient to safeguard the United States from attack, placing an emphasis upon Constitutionally vetted intelligence gathering and cooperation over bellicosity and sabre rattling. Any reasonable person will recognize that the maintenance of a robust nuclear deterrent is a necessary part of this equation. (This is not to say all Libertarians are reasonable. There are obviously outliers that would take disarmament to irresponsible levels.)

However:

We know the current model does not work.

We know the Chamberlain model did not work.

The Libertarian position is somewhere in between the two, and yes, would scale back significantly our military spending and number of forward deployed personnel. When we spend as much as the next 8 - 10 countries combined (depending upon the calculation methodology) there is obvious room for significant reduction if a more responsible and less aggressive military stance were to be maintained by the U.S.

Brad Steele