In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The on going political mess

Wild Bill KelsoWild Bill Kelso Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
edited February 2018 in Politics
I must be a moderate because I seem to catch opinion from both sides.

And I am not happy at all about this on going political mess

Frankly I'm surprised that rioting hasn't broken out and that someone hasn't paid for this with their life.

People get a grip !

Just last week my wife's friend gave me a Trump calendar (and I'm politely trying to figure out why), with the proviso I agree to give it back if he is either assassinated or impeached.

That's ridiculous -

The only other president who was hated more than Trump is Abraham Lincoln, and we all know that story.

I've pretty much given up watching the news on TV or reading about it online.

The worse part is, beyond having to put up with it, is knowing that one way or another I'm paying for this.

I mean think about it - half your cable television bill is going to under write someone you can't stand endlessly talking about something you don't want to hear, and to what purpose ?

It seems everybody with a modicum of celebrity is making their politics known. Lindsey Vaughan serves as a convenient example, she's a skier - she should stick to skiing and not be ranting off about Trump.

I don't care what side your on - how is it you feel you have the right to lecture me, and when you do I hope you don't think you're winning any converts to whatever it is you feel strongly about.

And just in case you're wondering which side I am on - I'm on 'my own side' and I want my country back.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a good judge of the character of high political office today would be to take that persons worth before running for office and then when they leave office....President Truman went home to the old family place ...most now go to their new McMansions on a large estate....pull up google and have a look