In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Affordable Care Act will be not repealed.

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Politics
The Republicans show there need to change and You can bet one thing and that is if you have no health insurance and not poor,you will be taxed each year to comply and to pay for the unemployed,poor and sick to have their coverage subsidized with your wealth so it can be siphon off to Taxes that go into the general fund to pay for Congress retirement and health plan! Taxes and Wars is all your needed for now to full-fill the America dream! Serfdom!

serf

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/apr/25/mcmorris-rodgers-says-aca-likely-to-stay/

With the news this week that more than 600,000 Washington residents have acquired new health care plans through the state exchange, U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers said it's unlikely the Affordable Care Act will be repealed.

Comments

• wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't say I'm surprised.
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

The Republicans show there need to change and You can bet one thing and that is if you have no health insurance and not poor,you will be taxed each year to comply and to pay for the unemployed,poor and sick to have their coverage subsidized with your wealth so it can be siphon off to Taxes that go into the general fund to pay for Congress retirement and health plan! Taxes and Wars is all your needed for now to full-fill the America dream! Serfdom!

serf

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/apr/25/mcmorris-rodgers-says-aca-likely-to-stay/

With the news this week that more than 600,000 Washington residents have acquired new health care plans through the state exchange, U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers said it's unlikely the Affordable Care Act will be repealed.

She has supported repeal. Even if the Republicans can take control of the Senate any repeal would be vetoed. I would like to see this before the 2016 election. POtuS and the Democrats would be forced to go on the record.

"Has Cathy McMorris Rodgers given up on repealing Obamacare? A spokeswoman for the Washington state Republican House member and chair of the GOP conference says the congresswoman still supports repeal, despite a report from a Spokane newspaper that characterized her as saying that repeal of the law was unlikely."
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/mcmorris-rodgers-pushes-back-obamacare-repeal-comments_787469.html
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be quite happy with govt insurance as long as it is the same as congress gets
  • tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    I would be quite happy with govt insurance as long as it is the same as congress gets
    Kind of like in the Soviet Union where the party members got benefits equal to those of the great unwashed masses.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"
    Animal Farm George Orwell