In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Timing is everything.

casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Politics
I am in no way defending the candidate, only pointing out the coincidence in timing.

"Federal prosecutors said Grimm concealed revenue from Healthalicious, a Manhattan fast-food restaurant, and paid employees in cash to avoid sales, income and payroll taxes. From 2007 to 2010,"

The N.Y. filing deadline was April 10.

"Grimm's indictment gives Democrats new hope of capturing his district, which covers Staten Island and parts of Brooklyn. The district leans Republican, but President Obama won it in 2012 with 52% of the vote. The deadline has passed to replace Grimm on the ballot for the Republican primary June 24."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/04/28/michael-grimm-indicted-congress/8386217/

Comments

• Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    They have no issues upon which to run, so character assassination is the tactic of the day for the left.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    The guy is evidently a loose cannon and I remember the interview with the TV reporter when he, after the interview, threatened the reporter! Never seen that happen before. The guy strikes me as a thug in a suit and just needs to be cut down a notch or two. I didn't know he owned a NY eatery nor his relationship to the mob....but he strikes me as the "type." Be interesting to see what happens to him. Could his indictment be political? By Eric Holder? Heck, NO![;)]
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1