In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

You say I should leave- so

Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
edited February 2015 in Politics
Where can I go where:
1. they have a Constitution and Bill of Rights that are actually followed by the elected and appointed officials
2. The officials adhere to the concept of a government Of the people, By the people and For the people
3. Where, when the country is assaulted by enemies the officials defend the country with more than empty threats
4. Where, when seeking to disarm a criminal of their means of threatening a citizen, include the citizens in the effort to disarm the criminal
5. Where the officials do not seek to punish those that have worked and created in the name of those that have not
6. Where in the name of helping those in need the officials do not reward someone for counter-productive actions
7. Where those of one religion are not punished in the name of equal rights, while other religions receive state supported benefits
8. Where citizens are given at least as many rights and privileges as illegal foreigners and criminals
9. Several other features to numerous to mention

So y'all that think where you live includes all of the above, please let me know, so that I can check into some local real estate.

Comments

• Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I understand your dilemma, Ray.

I would also add a place where people who have never contributed anything positive to the community are given the same right to vote as those who do.

It galls me to be one of those pulling the wagon, and have to endure the BS from the people riding in the wagon while they piss and moan about what direction and how fast I am pulling.

I doubt most truly understand how far we have strayed from the path The Founders placed us on.
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    You are a bit confused. Figuring out which country you should live in is your problem, no one elses.

America has her troubles. Always has, always will. Can't deal with that?

Cry me a river.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are no free anymore and the BOR is almost worthless. We are heavily regulated, everything you do has a law, regulation, tax or a disclaimer on it. You need government permission for everything you do, you are watched and monitored daily, you are told how to think, act and speak, our children are brainwashed at an early age by the public education system and finished off in our liberal colleges.

Land of the free and home of the brave used to mean something but now it pure nostalgia to say those words.

Some people think I'm nuts but I was under so much less stress living in Kuwiat! Yep, a muslim country under sharia law! While you are not free over there either the stress level was so much lower.
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no such place. And never has been.
    Maybe Heaven.
    Maybe Hell.
    If you find out, let us know.
  • NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    quit your bitching and buckle down there is not a better place on earth than here in TEXAS[:D][:D][:D][:D]

JUST DON'T CRISCROSS THE PATH OF THE LAW AND STAY LOW AND SLOW IN YOUR DAILY ENDEAVORS YOU WILL BE JUST FINE[;)]
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I kinda like it here, I go to work for a few hours a day, I buy guns when I want, I get to go shooting anytime I want, the sun comes up the sunsets, if I feel like taking a ride I get int the car and go.

I got a warm/cool house, I ain't missed no meals, I can do pretty much whatever the hell I want when I want.

If I feel like calling some politician an idiot no one comes to my door in the dark of night and hauls me away.

I pay less than I make in taxes and healthcare so enough is leftover for me to spend however I see fit.

And BEST of all if I want to complain, brag, share, ask, or just read stuff on Gun Broker I can.

America the Beautiful, Stars and Stripes, people died for my rights, and people including my SIL are serving today to continue to protect me and you. So agree/disagree that has ALWAYS been the case here in this country that I love.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you leave, take Obama, Biden, every congressman with more than one term, and about four SCOTUS justices, then come back in a year of two things will improve.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    Where can I go where:
    1. they have a Constitution and Bill of Rights that are actually followed by the elected and appointed officials
    2. The officials adhere to the concept of a government Of the people, By the people and For the people
    3. Where, when the country is assaulted by enemies the officials defend the country with more than empty threats
    4. Where, when seeking to disarm a criminal of their means of threatening a citizen, include the citizens in the effort to disarm the criminal
    5. Where the officials do not seek to punish those that have worked and created in the name of those that have not
    6. Where in the name of helping those in need the officials do not reward someone for counter-productive actions
    7. Where those of one religion are not punished in the name of equal rights, while other religions receive state supported benefits
    8. Where citizens are given at least as many rights and privileges as illegal foreigners and criminals
    9. Several other features to numerous to mention

So y'all that think where you live includes all of the above, please let me know, so that I can check into some local real estate.

You are talking about the good ole USA; flaws and all it still comes closest to what you seek. To further narrow it down on where to live move to the back woods country, a back water dirt road goat trail and make sure you own the land down to your neighbors. Make sure you are far enough out in the township that you will NEVER be annexed into a city. Keep to yourself, do as you please, don't bother any one and you will have what you seek.