In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trey Gowdy to investigate Benghazi!

gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
edited May 2014 in Politics
Some here like to beat up on ML John Boehner but he did a good thing IMO by appointed Rep Gowdy to head the Select Comm to investigate the entire affair. I like the guy as he strikes me as a bulldog who can't be hoodwinked and I wish he represented my state...would trade him for what I got in a NY minute! Maybe now we will find some real answers on what happened that terrible night and who did what and didn't do what....and what was our POTUS doing when four brave Americans needed his full attention. Good for Beohner and Gowdy!![:D]

Comments

• casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1
    But i think it would have been better a YEAR ago.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    +1
    But i think it would have been better a YEAR ago.

I agree but better late than never! About time that folks get called under oath...including Hillary.......and tell what they were doing that night out four brave guys needed their complete attention. And who made the decision not to help them...and why. POTUS has lots to answer for IMO...as does the SOS. She got the 3am phone call and...was AWOL. Let's get to the truth!
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gowdy ,Issa, all trying to get notoriety in their profession...and going no where...Gowdy spent six monthes and let the gal get away(Lerner)....Issa did the same thing with "Fast and Furious"....Gary (Dr.)(Prof.)(Your Highness) you can have those guys...When all the hoopla started, I was behind them 100%,but as time went on, I could see poop being piled on and no success...Just vote getting rhetoric...Those folks are incumbents,need I say more?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Gowdy ,Issa, all trying to get notoriety in their profession...and going no where...Gowdy spent six monthes and let the gal get away(Lerner)....Issa did the same thing with "Fast and Furious"....Gary (Dr.)(Prof.)(Your Highness) you can have those guys...When all the hoopla started, I was behind them 100%,but as time went on, I could see poop being piled on and no success...Just vote getting rhetoric...Those folks are incumbents,need I say more?

pwillie.....wrong, as usual. If you are following it closely, Lerner has not escaped but rather most likely going to be held in contempt of Congress by Issa's committee. You and some others of your ilk never have anything nice to think about our Congress even when they do something right! And the personal insults....well, at least I am in good company.[;)] I think Gowdy will do a good job and get to the bottom of what happened at Benghazi.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    The very sad thing about this whole affair is the extended length of time it has taken to get to this point.

Millions of tax dollars and countless man hours wasted to this point, all at OUR expense.

The saddest part of all, even if/when they are found in contempt ~ NOTHING will happen to them.....same as when eric holder was found in contempt.

These [}:)] people involved, will walk away unless criminal charges are filed and pursued.

Even then, the penalty is minimal:
    "The criminal offense of "contempt of Congress" sets the penalty at not less than one month nor more than twelve months in jail and a fine of not less than $100 nor more than $1,000."

...all the money wasted and "No Results"!!! Gary,you old Democrat in GOP clothing, I love you,even if you are a Prof. Dr. and Indian Chief! You make this a good pitch and catch forum...especially when your catching...LOL!...Living in "Bides" state has brought you early dementia...but, I will save your grace for future endeavors...Keep up the disguise,you lend lots of sanity to our peers...[;)]Not you us5580
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If history teaches us anything it will be just another dog and pony show to distract the public. A lot of fluff, a little huffing and puffing with a bit of indignation and in the end it'll amount to no more than a fart in the wind.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wifetrained
    If history teaches us anything it will be just another dog and pony show to distract the public. A lot of fluff, a little huffing and puffing with a bit of indignation and in the end it'll amount to no more than a fart in the wind.
    Megan Kelly had a guest tonight that said the same as you,puff and fluff...Holder is the top law dog, and he ain't gonna do nothing....anyone who thinks this will derail Hillary is tee teeing in the wind!My man Gary is pushing the conservative button to see who is on board....Geeezzzz
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wifetrained
    Megan Kelly had a guest tonight that said the same as you,puff and fluff...Holder is the top law dog, and he ain't gonna do nothing....anyone who thinks this will derail Hillary is tee teeing in the wind!My man Gary is pushing the conservative button to see who is on board....Geeezzzz

A true conservative is never going to be elected. The powers that be will never allow it, neither political party will allow it, 100 million plus people receiving a handout are never going to bite the hand that feeds them, and finally, the lamestream media will absolutely crucify whoever tries to run.
  • DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our elected jokers get some exposure and their name in the news but nothing will happen and it will soon be history that no one gives a darn about. Same old same old...just a different subject for them to bicker over.
  • jones0430jones0430 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    After 4 other investigations, and 15,000 pages of reports, this is supposed to reveal what?

Or are we to expect an new super-duper House investigation on Benghazi in 2016?

Where was the Republican outrage when we were found out about the fluffing of intel on weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jones0430
    After 4 other investigations, and 15,000 pages of reports, this is supposed to reveal what?

Where was the Republican outrage when we were found out about the fluffing of intel on weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?

The actual accounting of investigations on Benghazi to date: "13 hearings, 25,000 pages of documents and 50 briefings".
    edited November -1

The actual accounting of investigations on Benghazi to date: "13 hearings, 25,000 pages of documents and 50 briefings".

You may be right about learning anything new.

We KNOW it was a terrorist attack.

We KNOW it had nothing to do with a protest over a video.

We KNOW the security force was cut by the State Department just prior to the 9/11 anniversary.

We KNOW there was no attempt to support the people under attack (7+ hours)

We KNOW the POTUS was NOT in the situation room during the 7hour attack. (perhaps we could learn where he was)

We KNOW the U.S. was providing weapons to Muslim Brotherhood groups.

We KNOW administration officials (ie. Susan Rice) deliberately out to the media to spread false information.

We KNOW political advisers altered the intel reports to blame a video for the attacks in order to protect Democrats just weeks before the general election.

We KNOW it took 3 weeks for the FBI to investigate the attack site.

We KNOW no has been held accountable (terrorist).

Did I miss anything?

As for the weapons of mass destruction "FLUFFING" , There were 2 differing assessments from the intel community. They picked 1 and supported. They didn't just make it up. that is a difference.
    edited November -1
    And the one they chose was already identified as of questionable reliability.
    edited November -1
    Your other points while valid are open to question as to whether they were actionable or of relevance.

Would you elaborate in how we should respond militarily inside another sovereign nations border? And if we should what assets are pre-positioned within range and within the time of response?

You do know that the FBI is not allowed to operate an investigation in another country without the host nation's approval?
    edited November -1
    And the one they chose was already identified as of questionable reliability.

Yellowcake?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25546334/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/t/secret-us-mission-hauls-uranium-iraq/#.U21hClcfnDA

While yellowcake is not a WMD, it is an ingredient. 17 U.N. resolutions, and 10 years later if he didn't have any all he need to do was call the U.N. and give them total and unrestricted access.

This is old news. I did agree with the initial action but it sure went to $4it after mission accomplished.
    edited November -1

"Your other points while valid are open to question as to whether they were actionable or of relevance. "

We KNOW the security force was cut by the State Department just prior to the 9/11 anniversary.
    We KNOW administration sent officials (ie. Susan Rice) deliberately out to the media to spread false information.

"Would you elaborate in how we should respond militarily inside another sovereign nations border? And if we should what assets are pre-positioned within range and within the time of response?"

Well i would start with a phone call to inform them that one of our facilities they were required to protect is under attack and we are deploying assets to support the site. And we will try to keep the informed on the situation.

I don't know the logistics of Med fleet deployment but i am pretty sure it's within a 7 hour window. But the issue is they were not sent.

"You do know that the FBI is not allowed to operate an investigation in another country without the host nation's approval?"

Absolutely correct. So why were they tagged with the job. Did the State Department move to secure the area, or the military? CBS got access before the investigators, as well as interviewing one of the attackers in a coffee shop. But the Federal Government can't find JACK $4IT.

A noble speech about holding the people accountable that committed the attack is empty when they don't want to find them.
    edited November -1
    The very sad thing about this whole affair is the extended length of time it has taken to get to this point.

Millions of tax dollars and countless man hours wasted to this point, all at OUR expense.

The saddest part of all, even if/when they are found in contempt ~ NOTHING will happen to them.....same as when eric holder was found in contempt.

These [}:)] people involved, will walk away unless criminal charges are filed and pursued.

"The criminal offense of "contempt of Congress" sets the penalty at not less than one month nor more than twelve months in jail and a fine of not less than $100 nor more than $1,000."

...all the money wasted and "No Results"!!! Gary,you old Democrat in GOP clothing, I love you,even if you are a Prof. Dr. and Indian Chief! You make this a good pitch and catch forum...especially when your catching...LOL!...Living in "Bides" state has brought you early dementia...but, I will save your grace for future endeavors...Keep up the disguise,you lend lots of sanity to our peers...[;)]

Are you confused? My name is not GARY.

The point that was attempted to make was that the stalling/misdirection of the administration has made the effort to arrive at the truth time and tax dollar consuming.

IMHO the American People and especially the loved ones of those murdered deserve to know the truth. After all, the truth isn't a huge military secret ... but most likely a political one the obama admin want to hide.

[:(]
    Sorry,but I was talking about my personal Prof. Dr. Gary Wray-Gun...[:o)][:o)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947

We KNOW administration sent officials (ie. Susan Rice) deliberately out to the media to spread false information.

"Would you elaborate in how we should respond militarily inside another sovereign nations border? And if we should what assets are pre-positioned within range and within the time of response?"

Well i would start with a phone call to inform them that one of our facilities they were required to protect is under attack and we are deploying assets to support the site. And we will try to keep the informed on the situation.
    Not realistic. What sovereign nation would allow that, other than a squad of Marines transferred from the Consulate?

quote:I don't know the logistics of Med fleet deployment but i am pretty sure it's within a 7 hour window. But the issue is they were not sent.Not by helicopter if you are on the other side of the Med. And even if they were only a few miles off the coast, you can't send in military force in a sovereign nations territory. Add in that the response requires some knowledge of the situation, and terrain. Not a situation likely to be successful.

quote:"You do know that the FBI is not allowed to operate an investigation in another country without the host nation's approval?"

Absolutely correct. So why were they tagged with the job. Did the State Department move to secure the area, or the military? CBS got access before the investigators, as well as interviewing one of the attackers in a coffee shop. But the Federal Government can't find JACK $4IT. Again, we have no authority in a foreign nations territory. Once the area fell, it went under local security control. And the FBI can only gather information, it must work with the local law enforcement officials to detain and question, or even simply question someone. So unless we roar in there with a Division or more, it's unlikely that we would be able to control the situation.

Even the CIA isn't really authorized by other nations to operate within their borders unless in conjunction with their own intelligence forces.

Your assumptions are not based upon reality.
    edited November -1

...all the money wasted and "No Results"!!! Gary,you old Democrat in GOP clothing, I love you,even if you are a Prof. Dr. and Indian Chief! You make this a good pitch and catch forum...especially when your catching...LOL!...Living in "Bides" state has brought you early dementia...but, I will save your grace for future endeavors...Keep up the disguise,you lend lots of sanity to our peers...[;)]

The point that was attempted to make was that the stalling/misdirection of the administration has made the effort to arrive at the truth time and tax dollar consuming.

IMHO the American People and especially the loved ones of those murdered deserve to know the truth. After all, the truth isn't a huge military secret ... but most likely a political one the obama admin want to hide.

us55840.....not to worry, pwillie is usually a bit addled and confused...reminds of the first semester freshmen walking around in a daze, confused, bothered and a bit bewildered[;)] Hopefully with a bit more "education" we can get him turned around....but one in three don't make it[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray

us55840.....not to worry, pwillie is usually a bit addled and confused...reminds of the first semester freshmen walking around in a daze, confused, bothered and a bit bewildered[;)] Hopefully with a bit more "education" we can get him turned around....but one in three don't make it[:D]
    Ahhhhhh Wise words from the "Sage" of Delaware....Another Biden in disguise![:o)] Tells us how the train takes you to D.C.?[:o)]
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    In the direct sense, Hillary was right, it doesn't make any difference at this point. But what does matter is that the entire Executive branch of the US government sees itself as above not only the law but also any conscience. Getting the Media to show the error of the POS' ways is showing to be a lot easier said than done- particularly when there are obstructionists in congress that appear to have flunked out of kindergarten.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray

Ahhhhhh Wise words from the "Sage" of Delaware....Another Biden in disguise![:o)] Tells us how the train takes you to D.C.?[:o)]

pwillie.....you evidently know nothing about little DE. Joe Biden is most unpopular in the area of DE I live in and seldom if ever shows his face down here. We used to joke that he was the only Senator elected from one county in the country....New Castle Co DE as he is most unpopular in the other two. And I don't go to DC, on the train or otherwise. Now I go around it to go to my other home in WV only because it is the shorter way home. You just need to study your US geo more[;)]