In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Central banks in big trouble

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Politics
Looking at all the pie charts in this article should paint an interesting picture of the worlds financial condition. The strange thing is there really is noting you can do to insulate yourself from the coming financial disaster.

We just don't know what the disaster will be, or when.

Do you buy Gold and Silver, hold US dollars or the Yaun? Seems to me there is no safe haven until the corrupt broken system resets.

It is worth reading.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/11805523/Doomsday-clock-for-global-market-crash-strikes-one-minute-to-midnight-as-central-banks-lose-control.html

Comments

• Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bound to implode at some point.
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stockpile a bit of what we all need -water & food. Doesn't have to be 25 year shelf life survival stuff. Just put in some canned goods and rice & beans, as well as dry foods that have shelf life of say 5 years. And enough to last 3 to 6 months for the family.

Also - start looking at using the stuff on a semi regular basis so that you can turn some of it over as you go.

Depending on your location you can store some bottles water, and perhaps have a purification system like used for camping. Some garden seeds if you have a place to plant.

I put together a small amount of silver (200 oz) - can't hurt to have some as well as Xtra ammo for barter. I'm told cheap whiskey is another good barter item but I'm skipping that because I don't drink. (in case I don't need it for barter) You can go from there and think of a few more things, but I recommend you buy stuff that you can use on a regular basis rather than have a bunch of money stuck into a pile of stuff you may never need. Be prepared as best as your life style and budget allows and hope for the best.

I live of my SS check so am not going to try to hoard everything I think I might need when something happens. I also see little point in trying to keep money in the bank with what they pay for interest so buying hard goods that are as liquid as possible is my first priority.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    The Chicken Littles of the world have been prophesying the "eminent financial collapse" for a hundred years.

The international banking cartel that controls most of the world's economies has been manipulating stock markets and creating crashes and recoveries for at least that long.

All we can do is keep plugging along and try to gather as many of their crumbs as possible, like usual.