In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trump's Gas & Diesel tax Hike

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Politics
He gives in one hand and takes in another, it's all smoke and mirrors with politicians! They lie to get elected and then spit out Tax hikes for the poor and tax cuts for the rich! And give all the debt to future Americans to pay off! It's a joke.

25 cents a gallon can add up to stifle your grocery list!

serf

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/trumps-gas-tax-hike-tests-a-third-rail-in-politics.html?__source=newsletter|eveningbrief

President Donald Trump reportedly supports raising the federal tax on gasoline and diesel by 25 cents.

Comments

• Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The article points out the the tax rate has not been increased since 1993. Was that part of BJ's "Middle class tax cut"".

I recall an $800+ BILLION stimulus package that was to fund "shovel ready" projects (infrastructure) and actually just over 3% went to infrastructure. But no one had to pay for that, it went on the Credit Card.

Trump has done more to reduce or at least hold down the price of gas and energy than ANY president in my life time. He campaigned on increasing domestic (made in USA) production and has done it. That must be why the Russians wanted him to win, so he could reduce the global price of oil and damage the Russian economy.

I would prefer the the spending from the "Highway Trust Fund" be limited to HIGHWAYS, and Federal at that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    The article points out the the tax rate has not been increased since 1993. Was that part of BJ's "Middle class tax cut"".

I recall an $800+ BILLION stimulus package that was to fund "shovel ready" projects (infrastructure) and actually just over 3% went to infrastructure. But no one had to pay for that, it went on the Credit Card.

Trump has done more to reduce or at least hold down the price of gas and energy than ANY president in my life time. He campaigned on increasing domestic (made in USA) production and has done it. That must be why the Russians wanted him to win, so he could reduce the global price of oil and damage the Russian economy.

I would prefer the the spending from the "Highway Trust Fund" be limited to HIGHWAYS, and Federal at that.

The point is politicians all appear to cut taxes on one hand and raise them on another hand and they all do it. Including Republicans.

Toll roads are everywhere here in Texas which was banned before but the politicians interpreted that feeder road was the free road, what a joke!

serf
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Metro Infrastucture Fuel Tax

This is what's needed in Missouri and maybe other states as well. Tax the metro areas for the extravagant road systems their population requires. Just my opinion: in MO, there's more spent on roads in St Lou and KC than the entire "farm to market" road system in the state. Bajillins of dollars are being spent in the metro areas "for the convenience" of those folks while the rural areas fight crumbling roads and bridges while driving miles out of the way to be legal with a truck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    Metro Infrastucture Fuel Tax

This is what's needed in Missouri and maybe other states as well. Tax the metro areas for the extravagant road systems their population requires. Just my opinion: in MO, there's more spent on roads in St Lou and KC than the entire "farm to market" road system in the state. Bajillins of dollars are being spent in the metro areas "for the convenience" of those folks while the rural areas fight crumbling roads and bridges while driving miles out of the way to be legal with a truck.

Just wait when it swings back to The Liberal Democrats and The Carbon taxes, you will have to have zero emissions to escape taxes on any movement of heat transfer devices.

serf