In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trump is no longer "self funded"

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Politics
Just got a phone call informing me Trump is no longer paying his own way and asking if I had any extra loot to help him out.
Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy come to mind as possible contributors.

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It costs a billion bucks to get elected POTUS.

Trump ain't got that kind of coin.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "It costs a billion bucks to get elected POTUS.

Trump ain't got that kind of coin."
    So, Hillary's going to win??
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the last couple of weeks I have been receiving daily, some times more than 1 e-mail soliciting contributions. Did they Hack Senator Cruz's donor list?

Here is the link. Just in case the Trump supporters don't know where it is.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com

With all the money saved during the primaries supporting a "self funded" candidate it's time to step up, or would you prefer The Donald taking money from Goldman Sachs or other establishment sources?

So far today 1 from Mike Pence and 1 from Eric Trump, and it isn't even noon yet.
  • Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eric's been asking me for coin twice a day for the last week.

I replied pointing out all I got is the Social Security to live on, but if he could front me a hundred I'd contribute it to Donald. I was even honest enough to tell Eric I probably wouldn't pay him back. Evidently Eric didn't read my reply yet.

Truth is I'm completely into keeping MY MONEY out of politics.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    He already told me he didn't want my money.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As of the June FEC filing, Trump had still not forgiven his campaign the $40-odd million he loaned to the campaign during the self-funding. This means he is preserving his option to pay himself back. Couple this with the $ 6+ Million that the campaign paid to Trump associated properties and venues, and he could very well make money running for President.

There should be no real problem with this provided the payments are of a reasonable amount based upon competitive pricing, but to claim self-funding has occurred when all of that self-funding is in the form of loans is not quite true.

He has said he will forgive the loans. If he does, he will have self-funded his primary campaign. If he collects on the debt, he did not self-fund.

Time will tell.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hillary self funded....from your money...[:o)]
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would guess mostly foreign money laundered thru their Foundation...avoid taxes and the real charity is to bill, hilde, and chelsea ...prime goal is THEIR well being..certainly NOT AMERICA's
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One has to wonder how long the 'Hillary is worse' justification will continue.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    One has to wonder how long the 'Hillary is worse' justification will continue.

Right up to the election. It is exactly what the establishment has been using for years. They would offer up a moderate and campaign on the danger and destruction if the Democrat were to win, actually it is accurate, form a compromising sort of position.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aw throw the man a bone
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got an email yesterday, "signed" by Mitch McConnell, asking for money. Mentioned Hillary, and Democraps trying to take the Senate, and saying without my help it could be "disastrous for our Republican Senators". The fine print at the bottom said "Paid for by Romney for President, Inc."
    Save the Senators who have screwed all of us and won't support Trump?
    Screw the bassturds. He probably will never see my reply but it wasn't very nice.