In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stand Off

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Politics
Will the Bundy's win out?

Comments

• casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know. It's hard to imaging the government quitting.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/14/sen-harry-reid-on-nevada-ranch-battle-its-not-over/

Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Monday argued the battle between Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and the federal government is "not over."
    "Well, it's not over. We can't have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it. So it's not over," Reid told KRNV-TV.

Perhaps he is correct. That appears to be reserved for government employees.[:D]
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well, rancher is not near as big a crook as the "honorable" senator....seems all the money to be made here is "reserved" for the "honorable senator"
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It will be over when Harry Reid commits seppuku. I will then be satisfied justice is served.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have to read Reid's book 'The Good Fight' to truly understand what a despicable human being he really is.

He even brags about sucker punching his father-in-law. Reid was a boxer in college and was quite a bit bigger.

His politics are evil and vindictive. His personal life seems to be as bad or worse.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    You have to read Reid's book 'The Good Fight' to truly understand what a despicable human being he really is.

He even brags about sucker punching his father-in-law. Reid was a boxer in college and was quite a bit bigger.

His politics are evil and vindictive. His personal life seems to be as bad or worse.
    Isn't Reid a Morman?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Isn't Reid a Morman?

Not if you ask a real Morman.[:)]
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    the only reason Reid is still among us is that there aren't enuf trees in Nevada to string him up.
  • AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whole thing looks like a media circus to me
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Amish
    Whole thing looks like a media circus to me
    ...and Sean Hannity keeps stirring the pot.....![:(]
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    And I am sure glad he does!!![8D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    And I am sure glad he does!!![8D]
    ...the other night,Sean kept asking the Bundy's,what will they do if the Feds return!Sean was baiting them ,to say something that would be a threat....and I don't know why?....I sent him mail and pointed out my position,that the Bundys should not say what they intend to do....don't give them reason to arrest them for threats made in public..
  • DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The guy is just a deadbeat. Others see no problem in paying fees to use the land and he should not be given any free ride. The government made a mistake allowing it to go on this long.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Is it true that the guy has lost every case in court, still owes 20 years of back grazing fees and hasn't paid a dime? If true, the guy is a tax deadbeat IMO and needs to manup and pay his taxes. Why are so many folks supporting him if he hasn't paid his taxes? How can he get away with it....I can't!
    edited November -1
    .....maybe he thinks the people own the land,not the government....after all,the Elk and Deer pay no fee's....neither does that stupid turtle...Prairie dogs don't pay either...Why does the Feds own any land? Why doesn't the States,after all the Government is made up by the States...Last I heard,it was the United States, not The Federal State of America...[:o)]
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, I have had people ask me to explain my dad's stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it's in a nut shell.

My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the servival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars.

These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Somewhere down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be used to pay the BLM wages and to help with repairs and improvements of the ranches.

My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money's against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with their own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penance he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren't doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down.

So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business. Well when buying him out didn't work, they used the endangered species card. You've already heard about the desert tortoise.

Well that didn't work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years. Now they're desperate. It's come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America.

Now you may be saying," how sad, but what does this have to do with me?" Well, I'll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it's Utah's turn. Mark my words, Utah is next. Then there's the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn't paid them, those cattle do belong to him.

Regardless where they are they are my father's property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even existed. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad's signature on it. They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfield Auction and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are? Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks"

Shiree Bundy Cox
    edited November -1
    That is consistent with what i have been hearing.
    I thought D.C. was established to separate it from the states.
    Does anyone know how much land is directly controlled by the Federal Government (BLM, EPA, etc)?
    All of this land outside D.C. is located in a sovereign State.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While what the government did may not be morally right, the legality is another matter. When he paid the fees for years he set the president. Not paying because he did not agree with what the government did with the money would be like not paying income tax because you do not like the way they spend the tax money. I don't see a win here.
    edited November -1
    this could be a first step in moving the government out of the land business...
  • fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought that the land was public, and the government was just "holding it in trust" (funny conflict there .. government & trust [:D]) Just how