In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

no hope

13»

Comments

• jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It will be settled in November and neither is much IMO. I just about can't stand either, but I will vote.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    It's been pretty interesting lately to see a few forum members as well as myself pull away from Trump and his Trumpeteers.

Most of us have posted for years in these forums, and have fought like cats and dogs over some of the smallest of things, and sometimes some pretty big things. We don't agree on a whole host of things, but when we do, I think it is worth noting.

Yet over the last eight years and tens of thousands of posts, I have never even come close to the conclusion that any of these folks are democrat or "liberal" shills. That is simply patently absurd. And they call that sort of name calling and fabrication a lie, where I come from. And if you try to claim you just can't tell who is what, then leave and get educated. It is not a hard distinction to make.

Now, I may be the last Trotskeyite, but all of you under-informed denizens of the peanut gallery, no matter how old you are, or how smart you think you may be, are doing nothing more than parroting your candidate in casting ridiculous aspersions and attempting to suppress legitimate political speech and thought when the truth gets uncomfortable.

Ya'll just had to have him, and now he's yours. It's not like you weren't warned. And I will not cede my right to speak about him to you. What kind of thinking is that ?

If he does not win, it will in all actuality be your fault Clinton is elected because you just had to have such a man as your candidate.

Way to go.
    It just baffles the mind to think that AGAIN the GOP is running a democrat in the hopes that they will beat a democrat come election time. Do you suppose they will soon figure out that they will always be "out democrated" in such a scenario?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yet over the last eight years and tens of thousands of posts, I have never even come close to the conclusion that any of these folks are democrat or "liberal" shills. That is simply patently absurd. And they call that sort of name calling and fabrication a lie, where I come from. And if you try to claim you just can't tell who is what, then leave and get educated. It is not a hard distinction to make.

Now, I may be the last Trotskeyite, but all of you under-informed denizens of the peanut gallery, no matter how old you are, or how smart you think you may be, are doing nothing more than parroting your candidate in casting ridiculous aspersions and attempting to suppress legitimate political speech and thought when the truth gets uncomfortable.

Ya'll just had to have him, and now he's yours. It's not like you weren't warned. And I will not cede my right to speak about him to you. What kind of thinking is that ?

If he does not win, it will in all actuality be your fault Clinton is elected because you just had to have such a man as your candidate.

Way to go.

Exactly....I appreciate those comments, much more eloquent then I tend to manage.
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barzillia.
    What were we to do? pick another McCain.Dole, or Romney. Jeb Bush? Give me a break. The same old same old gets the same old results.
    Trump was picked overwhelmingly. It's not like I'm the only one thinking this way. He's not a professional liar like the rest of them. People were lied to by the Republican establishment time after time to the point where their lies didn't work anymore. They were going to defund This and that but did nothing. It was all a show while they collected from big money to stay in power.
    Cruze was in debt to Goldman Sachs where his wife worked for years.
    Kasich's super pack was collecting money from George Soros. Jeb Bush was bought and paid for. Rand Paul never had a chance in hell. On and on and on. So we got something new. It's a long shot but the only shot we got. Gary Johnson? all we need is a pot head.
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At this point considering there is no other alternative, I still say bewildering anti Trump analogy !

25u3907.gif
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's been pretty interesting lately to see a few forum members as well as myself pull away from Trump and his Trumpeteers.

Most of us have posted for years in these forums, and have fought like cats and dogs over some of the smallest of things, and sometimes some pretty big things. We don't agree on a whole host of things, but when we do, I think it is worth noting.

Way to go.

+1

By the time November comes around, Trumps ardent supporters are going to chase away half the folks that were going to hold their nose and vote for him. Whose fault will that be?
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

Way to go.

+1

By the time November comes around, Trumps ardent supporters are going to chase away half the folks that were going to hold their nose and vote for him. Whose fault will that be?

Amen. And jerrywh is doing such a good job of it, I almost wonder if he's some sort of Hillary plant.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Way to go.+1

By the time November comes around, Trumps ardent supporters are going to chase away half the folks that were going to hold their nose and vote for him. Whose fault will that be?Sadly, yep, they are nothing more than wind up automatons that on cue, with the flip of a lever, regurgitate the same old tired rhetoric! Certainly not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts

Way to go.+1

By the time November comes around, Trumps ardent supporters are going to chase away half the folks that were going to hold their nose and vote for him. Whose fault will that be?Sadly, yep, they are nothing more than wind up automatons that on cue, with the flip of a lever, regurgitate the same old tired rhetoric! Certainly not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier!

exactly +1000 ,thank you both barzilla & marc1301
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by CoolhandLuke
    Not the first time I feel I detect liberal overtone's in this here forum.

You must be talking about the Trump supporters, because he is clearly not conservative.

Looks conservative to me.
    Trumps position on the Second Amendment:
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/second-amendment-rights

Think I'd put more faith in what Trump says on his WEBSITE rather than endless "spin" by the liberal media or even the conservative media.

Vetrans Administration:
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/veterans-administration-reforms
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a reason I generally avoid having political discussions, and most of this second page reminds me as to why.

Politics is a game of chess, most people play it like checkers, and quite a few play it like Chutes & Ladders.

I have managed a total of six political campaigns for local elections in the last 3 years. Each time my issue or candidate has won by a 2 to1 majority or better. Today I was asked to form a PAC and manage the campaign to consolidate two emergency service provider districts, including one that is the largest of its kind in the state. Somehow I doubt most here have that kind of background and experience.

I have tried to explain what I see as the unique dynamics and undercurrents at work in this election cycle. It hasn't seemed to do any good. So I am going to stop. The conversation at this point has all the depth of a 'Tastes Great! Less Filling!' debate.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop
    quote:Originally posted by CoolhandLuke
    Not the first time I feel I detect liberal overtone's in this here forum.

You must be talking about the Trump supporters, because he is clearly not conservative.

Looks conservative to me.
    Trumps position on the Second Amendment:
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/second-amendment-rights

Think I'd put more faith in what Trump says on his WEBSITE rather than endless "spin" by the liberal media or even the conservative media.

Vetrans Administration:
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/veterans-administration-reforms

'The Second Amendment's purpose is to guarantee our right to defend ourselves and our families. It is about self defense, plain and simple.'

This is as ignorant a description of the Second Amendment as those on the left who tell us it is about hunting.

The Second Amendment is about ensuring the ability to maintain our freedoms. Self-defense is secondary at best.

Very nice of you to point out his total ignorance of history and the meaning of the written word.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thomas Jefferson said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

The Second Amendment is the hose to water the tree.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1

The problem with holding your nose & voting is that the stench is so bad you need both hands to hold your nose & that makes voting very hard.
    You people who said McCain wasn't good enough for you now expect everyone else to fall in line behind Trump. What goes around comes around.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So it takes 2 pages and 3 days to be moved to politics? I love the consistency around this place.
  • NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    the trump mods don't like any trump bashing , when there is maximum exposure to they're stupidity[;)]quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    So it takes 2 pages and 3 days to be moved to politics? I love the consistency around this place.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOAH
    the trump mods don't like any trump bashing , when there is maximum exposure to they're stupidity[;)]quote:Originally posted by shilowar

I predict in the near future more like you will have the same title under their user names.
    Keep up the insults and name calling it's what you do.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
    edited November -1

At first when I looked for the thread and didn't see it I thought melt down last night.

Shilo we have argued back and forward with no insults, why do so many here when discussing or arguing almost anything jump in to the insult wagon without second thoughts.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    There is a reason I generally avoid having political discussions, and most of this second page reminds me as to why.

Politics is a game of chess, most people play it like checkers, and quite a few play it like Chutes & Ladders.

I have managed a total of six political campaigns for local elections in the last 3 years. Each time my issue or candidate has won by a 2 to1 majority or better. Today I was asked to form a PAC and manage the campaign to consolidate two emergency service provider districts, including one that is the largest of its kind in the state. Somehow I doubt most here have that kind of background and experience.

I have tried to explain what I see as the unique dynamics and undercurrents at work in this election cycle. It hasn't seemed to do any good. So I am going to stop. The conversation at this point has all the depth of a 'Tastes Great! Less Filling!' debate.
    Please continue, for my sake at least. I don't see all of your commentary on the subject, but appreciate each piece you share that I do see.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    James RK
    " When he said his "worked very very hard" was an equivalent sacrifice to the Captain giving his life that was a looser."
    Trump never said that and you have no proof that he did. If so put it up for all of us to see.
    The lies continue to grow in size and number. If nobody on this forum is a Hillery supporter , why are the lies propagated against Trump?

Dads 3040
    I have also been in politics at the local and state level and was elected twice. I agree with you 100% on your assessment of the situation. You are one of the few on this forum who seems to understand the tactics of the Democrats for what they are.
    Please stick around.
  • pinky-1pinky-1 Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    trump fell for the tricks the dems baited for him, he still gets my vote.!!!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    James RK
    " When he said his "worked very very hard" was an equivalent sacrifice to the Captain giving his life that was a looser."
    Trump never said that and you have no proof that he did. If so put it up for all of us to see.
    The lies continue to grow in size and number. If nobody on this forum is a Hillery supporter , why are the lies propagated against Trump?
    Go to 17 minutes into the video and watch it for about one minute.

I can't answer your second question. I plan to vote for Trump. He will be only the second Democrat I've voted for in my life. The first was Representative Virgil Goode. He was a Democrat the first time I voted for him. He was an Independent the second time I voted for him and a Republican the third and later times I voted for him.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-transcript-donald-trump-vice-president-joe-biden/story?id=41020870
    edited to add:
    In 1964 I was repeatedly warned that if I voted for Goldwater we would be at war within a year, but I was hardheaded and voted for Goldwater and sure enough we were at war within a year.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    In 1964 I was repeatedly warned that if I voted for Goldwater we would be at war within a year, but I was hardheaded and voted for Goldwater and sure enough we were at war within a year.

That eases my mind. I thought the Vietnam War was all my fault.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Way to go.

I could not agree more! Well said.
  • drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

Way to go.

I concur completely as well. I do believe it possible, that the Republican Party may have nominated the only candidate that could lose to Hillary Clinton. Does it make me a Clinton lover. Not at all. It means that as an American citizen, I am faced with the possibility of neither major candidate being fit to hold office.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drl50
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

Way to go.

I concur completely as well. I do believe it possible, that the Republican Party may have nominated the only candidate that could lose to Hillary Clinton. Does it make me a Clinton lover. Not at all. It means that as an American citizen, I am faced with the possibility of neither major candidate being fit to hold office.
    Just about every other option on the ticket polled better against Clinton than Trump. Folks poo pooed it. Chickens are coming home to roost.[xx(]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    Just about every candidate polled better than Trump. So then, Why did everybody else get out voted? That proves the polls were rigged. People don't vote like they poll. An election is the ultimate poll.
    edited November -1
    Just about every candidate polled better than Trump. So then, Why did everybody else get out voted? That proves the polls were rigged. People don't vote like they poll. An election is the ultimate poll.

No, if that proves anything it proves people lie to pollsters. An election is the ultimate poll, depending on who does the counting.

Oh by the way, I don't appreciate being called a liar. Any time you want to piss me off the quick easy way is call me a liar.
    edited November -1
    Clearly you don't understand what was said. The polls were vs. Clinton, not vs. Trump. Trump winning the nomination has nothing to do with it.

GOP primary candidates that polled better against Clinton than Trump against Clinton in a general election scenario (in no particular order):

Cruz
    Fiorina
    Kasich
    Rubio
    Carson

According to every poll since announcing his candidacy, Trump has polled as losing to Clinton in the general election, save for two brief time periods (less than a week each time) where he led by less than the margin of error in the poll. Most of that time period Clinton has polled ahead of Trump by at least 5 points.

This fact was repeated almost ad nausium prior to Trump winning the nomination of the GOP, particularly on the GB boards. Why GOP voters chose to ignore it is anyone's guess, but it is a major reason most of the influential leaders in the GOP were concerned about Trump winning the nomination. With sinking numbers AGAIN (he now polls as losing to Clinton by as much as 5.9 points, when just a few days ago they were neck and neck) you see the GOP leaders expressing their concern. Rightfully so.

All this to say: the GOP voters picked a loser, and I can only imagine why. God help us.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK

This is the best quote I've heard in a long, long time, James.

Thanks.[:)]
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    James
    Things that other people say should not be passed on before checking them out. A lot of us are guilty of that and myself included. The statement is untrue. Don't mean you lied.
    I guess the pollsters forgot to poll the people who voted for Trump in the primaries. Strange HUH?
    He's getting about 10,000 people at the rallies. I guess they never got polled either.
    professor-corey.jpg
    edited November -1
    James
    Things that other people say should not be passed on before checking them out. A lot of us are guilty of that and myself included. The statement is untrue. Don't mean you lied.
    I guess the pollsters forgot to poll the people who voted for Trump in the primaries. Strange HUH?
    He's getting about 10,000 people at the rallies. I guess they never got polled either.
    professor-corey.jpg

Jerry you have more hair than Trump [:D]
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
    edited November -1
    On Meagan McCain's radio program last night there was a guest host. Can't remember who, but anyway, on the opening segment one of the first things he was talking about was that anyone running around claiming "it's rigged" has already conceded that they've lost the argument. If you think it's a rigged system, you patently don't understand the system.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    "Clearly you don't understand what was said. The polls were vs. Clinton, not vs. Trump. Trump winning the nomination has nothing to do with it." Mr. Perfect.
    Yes but evidently the primary voters did not agree. That is what I am saying. The primary voters picked Trump so they must not have agreed with the poll results or didn't care.
    actually I think the primary voters were so mad at the established republicans that they didn't care. Change at any cost. Anyway. This is what we have. My first pick was Cruz but Giuliani convinced me that he couldn't win.
    edited November -1
    If you don't THINK it is a rigged system you are uninformed.
    Why did 3 or 4 at the of the top of the DNC resign?
    The Regular elections have been shady for a long time. In San Fransisco several boxes of ballots were found in the dumpster. In other places thousands of dead people voted. Acorn was promoting election fraud. Why is voter ID not required? You can't even get welfare without ID.
    Of course if you don't look you can't see it.
    The democrats cannot win a free and fair election. If they told the truth about what they believe in they would only get about 30%.
    Go out on the street and ask some people why they vote for a certain candidate.
    I asked a bank teller why she voted for Bill Clinton. She replied "because he is going to win anyway and I want to be on the winning side."
    I asked some young construction workers who they would vote for and they said " for what".
    I asked them what they thought about the war and they said " what war" That's what we have.
    PS Trump is the only one RUNNING who can fix it. The others don't want to.