In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

So I don't get some of the Comey stuff

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in Politics
Comey admits he leaked information to a friend so it would start an investigation?! Really what the hell.

OK hang him for treason?

Comey seems like a confused individual, leaked Clinton investigation, retracted, leaked documented Trump interaction but seems to have nothing. Maybe a bad thing but if a North Korean or Russian leaked info I think they would be gone :)
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    F!^&ing
    Bunch of
    IDIOTS

Never more true than now.
    Move over ATF there's a new total F up in town
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Comey showed clearly why he should have been fired.

He didn't have the balls to stand up to Obama/Clinto/Lynch and gave Clinton effectively an non-executive pardon for her criminal dispersal of classified information.

He didn't have the balls to tell Trump that he had crossed a line with his requests. (Comey now says Trump crossed a line, I don't personally see it that way, but if Comey saw it that way he should have said something.)

He did not have the integrity to resign when he decided he could not trust his ultimate boss. He chose a chicken-poop CYA approach that is beneath the office he pretended to uphold.

I don't see anything illegal about him leaking his notes to the press, but the method he chose, secretly going through an intermediary and not taking it directly, is a coward's act and is again beneath the office he pretended to uphold.

Lastly, his protestations that he leaked the information so that a special prosecutor would be called is, IMO, and after-the-fact fabrication. He could have called for a special prosecutor had he felt one necessary or even desirable.

In short, he was promoted way above his ability level, and turned into an *-kissing political mouse who did damage to the credibility of the FBI through his politicization of it.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he may be big and tall but he DOES NOT have enuff integrity to cast a shadow
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gutless bureaucrat coward. He made this entire thing worse not better by letting this become political.
  • 47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Comey showed clearly why he should have been fired.

He didn't have the balls to stand up to Obama/Clinto/Lynch and gave Clinton effectively an non-executive pardon for her criminal dispersal of classified information.

He didn't have the balls to tell Trump that he had crossed a line with his requests. (Comey now says Trump crossed a line, I don't personally see it that way, but if Comey saw it that way he should have said something.)

He did not have the integrity to resign when he decided he could not trust his ultimate boss. He chose a chicken-poop CYA approach that is beneath the office he pretended to uphold.

I don't see anything illegal about him leaking his notes to the press, but the method he chose, secretly going through an intermediary and not taking it directly, is a coward's act and is again beneath the office he pretended to uphold.

Lastly, his protestations that he leaked the information so that a special prosecutor would be called is, IMO, and after-the-fact fabrication. He could have called for a special prosecutor had he felt one necessary or even desirable.

In short, he was promoted way above his ability level, and turned into an *-kissing political mouse who did damage to the credibility of the FBI through his politicization of it.

I might be "upping my post count" but you are correct.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That thumping sound you hear is J. Edgar Hoover trying to climb out of his coffin and kick Comey's *.

Comey sold whatever integrity he had to the politicians some time ago. The man (and I use that term very loosely) is an embarrassment.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Anyone familiar with the Peter Principle?
    Comey blundered into a job that was so far past his own level of incompetence, that he had no other option left than to try and rat out his boss.
    And he couldn't even do THAT right.