In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun registration NY

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bad link.
    PLUS..... about 35% of our members are saddled with dial up. It is a lot easier to copy and paste articles for them to view. Of course that would not apply of the article is going to be long.
  • ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    link no good, search brought up story, need more like this man to step up!
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Think auto censor and

World
    Net
    Daily
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine's dad passed away a few years ago. The dad lived in upstate New York and he owned a revolver. In order for the gun not to be declared contraband the son had to go through all sorts of hoops just to have the gun in Washington State. there was a possibility that the son would tell New York to go to Hank Williams Jr's opinion of New York City- and once out of the state, be out of their jurisdiction; but he processed it legal- and seeing the changes in the government with Allah'bama and Hold-up I guess he did the right thing, so he won't have ATF crashing his door at 3am looking for the illegal gun.
  • 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Early renewal of pistol permits is a pilot program in three NY Counties.Sheriff Thomas Lorey of Fulton County says "throw them in the trash if you receive one".We were told pistol permits are a lifetime deal. The "Message of Necessity" for the New York(unsafe) Act of 2013 was clearly a means of circumventing the "Will of The People." Please let me remind you that the sheriff's in NY State have no use for this lawless act. The Sheriff's are appointed by the people.The NY State Police work for the Superintendant of State Police who was appointed by King Cuomo. I will have more to say on this matter at a latter date. I spent two years in the trenches trying to keep Cuomo from being re-elected and I failed. I would not trade those experiences for anything I have experienced in life. Freedom is contagious. I see things getting very ugly in the next couple of years.I am preparing to cut and run to my second home in Va.,still hopeing that I won't need to and that we will prevail. I will not live in a state governed by a TYRANT! Keep fighting.
  • MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    You are right. The Sheriffs are elected, and anti - SAFE Act.

The State Police are controlled by the Governor.

Guess what, it doesn't matter what the Sheriff thinks, it's a State Police job to enforce the SAFE Act.

Unless the Sheriff forces the State Police to leave the county (which the Sheriff CAN do, but will not) the Sheriff's position doesn't matter.

County Sheriffs are like squawking jaybirds. They really don't do much.
  • 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last year in Upstate NY there were some whitewater races that Cuomo attended. There was a demonstration against the Safe Act but they were not allowed to assemble to close to festivities. Cuomo sent State Police to break up demonstration at a parking lot not too far away. As I understand it State Police were about to arrest people because they would not leave. At this time Sheriff showed up and politely asked State Troppers to leave which they did.My question is, Does the Sheriff really have the authority to make the State Police leave? If so, where is that authority granted.Any lawyers out there in GB land to inform us.