In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trump bad, Obama good to the Media

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in Politics
Obama did it, it was fine and dandy to the press. Trumps people did it and it is impeachment time to the media. Barzillia, I know, I know. The Trumpers are going to excuse him if he crapped on their desk and called it art. Obama on the other hand was born with 666 tattooed on his *. This is not about Trump or Obama it is about the Marxist loving media bias on reporting facts

President Barack Obama's administration has been working behind the scenes for months to forge a new working relationship with Russia, despite the fact that Russian President Vladimir Putin has shown little interest in repairing relations with Washington or halting his aggression in neighboring Ukraine.

This month, Obama's National Security Council finished an extensive and comprehensive review of U.S policy toward Russia that included dozens of meetings and input from the State Department, Defense Department and several other agencies, according to three senior administration officials. At the end of the sometimes-contentious process, Obama made a decision to continue to look for ways to work with Russia on a host of bilateral and international issues while also offering Putin a way out of the stalemate over the crisis in Ukraine.

?I don?t think that anybody at this point is under the impression that a wholesale reset of our relationship is possible at this time, but we might as well test out what they are actually willing to do,? a senior administration official told me. ?Our theory of this all along has been, let's see what?s there. Regardless of the likelihood of success.?

Leading the charge has been Secretary of State John Kerry. This fall, Kerry even proposed going to Moscow and meeting with Putin directly. The negotiations over Kerry?s trip got to the point of scheduling, but ultimately were scuttled because there was little prospect of demonstrable progress.

In a separate attempt at outreach, the White House turned to an old friend of Putin?s for help. The White House called on former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger to discuss having him call Putin directly, according to two officials. It?s unclear whether Kissinger actually made the call. The White House and Kissinger both refused to comment for this column.

Kerry has been the point man on dealing with Russia because his close relationship with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov represents the last remaining functional diplomatic channel between Washington and Moscow. They meet often, often without any staff members present, and talk on the phone regularly. Obama and Putin, on the other hand, are known to have an intense dislike for each other and very rarely speak.

MORE::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2014-12-31/inside-obamas-secret-outreach-to-russia

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a window sticker yesterday that sums up the big Zero reign of traitorous activity.

One
    Big
    Mistake
    America

Voters wanted to be so politically correct that they elected the first BLACK President (twice no less) and it's going to take years to correct that problem. At least the last election didn't follow the righteous path and add the first female President to the fiasco.
    The "press" has held a position "on the pedestal" for a long time. This is guaranteed by the Constitution. What the Constitution doesn't guarantee is that the press will be self aggrandizing to the point of becoming traitorous. At some point, the press is going to have to show some self control or it will be controlled by some sort of intervention. Outright lies SHOULD be stomped on like cockroaches in the pantry. Fiction presented as "news" is intolerable.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [^][^]

%$#$^(*& the media. These people are nothing more than lying scum. The absolute "Bottom of the ocean" subsidiary of the DEMOCRAT party.
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    bpost, there are probably at least five fairly significant differences between the approaches Trump and Obama have taken with Russia/Putin which have raised eyebrows, and not just in the press.

They can be categorized easily under who, what, when, where, and why.

If you are interested in a serious discussion about the matter, you would need to be aware of a significant difference in each of those categories.

If you can't come up with at least one, then I decline to play.

What the hell is this Barz? If you didn't want to play, keep your yap shut.

This is passive aggressive behavior. If you want to discuss, discuss, if not, walk away, hit the back button Zip the Lip. Not that hard.

You need to go on time out until you learn how to play nice. [;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Obama did it, it was fine and dandy to the press. Trumps people did it and it is impeachment time to the media. Barzillia, I know, I know. The Trumpers are going to excuse him if he crapped on their desk and called it art. Obama on the other hand was born with 666 tattooed on his *. This is not about Trump or Obama it is about the Marxist loving media bias on reporting facts

President Barack Obama's administration has been working behind the scenes for months to forge a new working relationship with Russia, despite the fact that Russian President Vladimir Putin has shown little interest in repairing relations with Washington or halting his aggression in neighboring Ukraine.

This month, Obama's National Security Council finished an extensive and comprehensive review of U.S policy toward Russia that included dozens of meetings and input from the State Department, Defense Department and several other agencies, according to three senior administration officials. At the end of the sometimes-contentious process, Obama made a decision to continue to look for ways to work with Russia on a host of bilateral and international issues while also offering Putin a way out of the stalemate over the crisis in Ukraine.

?I don?t think that anybody at this point is under the impression that a wholesale reset of our relationship is possible at this time, but we might as well test out what they are actually willing to do,? a senior administration official told me. ?Our theory of this all along has been, let's see what?s there. Regardless of the likelihood of success.?

Leading the charge has been Secretary of State John Kerry. This fall, Kerry even proposed going to Moscow and meeting with Putin directly. The negotiations over Kerry?s trip got to the point of scheduling, but ultimately were scuttled because there was little prospect of demonstrable progress.

In a separate attempt at outreach, the White House turned to an old friend of Putin?s for help. The White House called on former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger to discuss having him call Putin directly, according to two officials. It?s unclear whether Kissinger actually made the call. The White House and Kissinger both refused to comment for this column.

Kerry has been the point man on dealing with Russia because his close relationship with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov represents the last remaining functional diplomatic channel between Washington and Moscow. They meet often, often without any staff members present, and talk on the phone regularly. Obama and Putin, on the other hand, are known to have an intense dislike for each other and very rarely speak.

MORE::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2014-12-31/inside-obamas-secret-outreach-to-russia

Was Putin the aggressor?

There was nothing secret about Obama and the Clintons and Russia.

Putin did not like the pathetic, condescending, self righteous and perverted Obama.

And with that, Putin is my friend. [:D]
    edited November -1
    Nope, you chose to come into the topic and you chose to try and disparage me just now. Sorry, try again.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    bpost, there are probably at least five fairly significant differences between the approaches Trump and Obama have taken with Russia/Putin which have raised eyebrows, and not just in the press.

They can be categorized easily under who, what, when, where, and why.

If you are interested in a serious discussion about the matter, you would need to be aware of a significant difference in each of those categories.

If you can't come up with at least one, then I decline to play.

Yeah one way is to ease drop on Trump's People private conversations illegally with a secret court so Hillary could win and Obama could leave his legacy intact with The Russian's Blessings. It didn't quite work out for him however.

He should have let Hillary win in 2008 and then got elected in office in 2017 instead, too late now barzillia. [;)]

serf
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    I could never quite figure out what it was about Chocolate Jesus the media loved so much.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    white guilt about slavery and the repression of the black man, thinking it would wash all the guilt off the liberal,s lily white axses. what a cluster-cuck. mr myopic.