In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Body Armor ban

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
edited February 2015 in Politics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kUpt0MPZEI

I just got mine in two weeks ago from https://www.facebook.com/AR500Armor

I also took a look at my German flak vest and can see its going to be very easy to adapt it to carry a plate in the front or back without any modifications to the vest. All you need is un coated plates and some industrial velcro. Cheap alternative. I will make one up for the wife.

Comments

• Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The German Flak vest is said to stop a 9 mm but this test shows it can stop a bit more then that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA-A_i3pJGc
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .....and just what do you plan on doing with your new body armor?
    edited November -1
    ISIS is already in America. I know you cannot conceive of it now but they will be taking over town after town just like in the middle east by 2018.
    edited November -1
    Hard to take over towns that are full of non-Muslim folks that have more guns than China has rice, love their families, want to live and are willing to kill to protect family... The numbers just don't add up to a snowballs chance in a brick oven for the nutcase Islamists.

A very famous feller once said; "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." this is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto 75 years ago. He was right then and even more so today.

Nope, taking over towns, even your town ain't in the cards. Killing a whole bunch of unarmed innocent folks in a city, is real possible.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i fear you are wrong....our govt will give america away piece by piece and then a few will wonder what happened ...general malaise and the salve of political correctness will mask the passing event...your govt says you cannot even call them terrorists now ...must be insurgents....tell that to the soldiers killed and blown to pieces for example.... thousands upon thousands of people have had their savings and retirement stolen and not one avenged this travesty upon the perpetrator....when once in AMERICA stealing a chicken or horse received the maximum possible
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard to take over towns that are full of non-Muslim folks that have more guns than China has rice, love their families, want to live and are willing to kill to protect family... The numbers just don't add up to a snowballs chance in a brick oven for the nutcase Islamists.

Unfortunately, America is no longer THAT place. There are areas where such a statement is still generally true but those areas are dwindling.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The take over is real simple even for a Simpleton!

First you have total awareness of electronic means to track and spy on every citizen in the country,then you have previously bought all the elections with your funny money and then thirdly you collapse the money system in place to create chaos to bring in a new world order.

serf

All the perplexities, confusions, and distresses in America arise, not from defects in the Constitution or confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, as much as from downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation." - John Quincy Adams
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

A very famous feller once said; "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." this is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto 75 years ago. He was right then and even more so today.

Nope, taking over towns, even your town ain't in the cards. Killing a whole bunch of unarmed innocent folks in a city, is real possible.

Lots of Muslims and racists Mexicans in the state guard formations. I bet they won't have any problems opening the gates and letting them run off with the heavy weapons. Guns are great but they don't win engagements against the heavy stuff.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz
    ISIS is already in America. I know you cannot conceive of it now but they will be taking over town after town just like in the middle east by 2018.

So why worry about anything else ?

You have to worry about it all because the depopulation agenda will require many fronts to get to it's goal. Famine, release of bio agents, war, terrorism and maybe invasion.

You don't think this country is riddled with traitors who hate America? This country is.
    edited November -1
    What the heck is a depopulation agenda?
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Lots of Muslims and racists Mexicans in the state guard formations. I bet they won't have any problems opening the gates and letting them run off with the heavy weapons. Guns are great but they don't win engagements against the heavy stuff.

Neither will AR500 armor.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog

Neither will AR500 armor.

I know that but my armor is not for the heavy stuff it's for static defense. We're talking two different topics really.
    edited November -1
    What the heck is a depopulation agenda?

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/08/08/the-elites-flawed-depopulation-agenda-is-quickly-morphing-into-genocide/

Have you heard of the Georgia guide stones? The basic plan is written in stone for all to see.
    edited November -1
    When I got to Margaret *, I gave up. She was a outright racist wanting BLACKS to kill their babies.

If you took every human on this planet and stood them side by side they would fit on the Island of Maui. The world is not overpopulated, it is poorly managed by greed and corruption.
    edited November -1
    When I got to Margaret *, I gave up. She was a outright racist wanting BLACKS to kill their babies.

If you took every human on this planet and stood them side by side they would fit on the Island of Maui. The world is not overpopulated, it is poorly managed by greed and corruption.

Be that as it may, the people who control things on this prison planet are tired of the mass of rabble sucking up their resources and the evidence suggests they are going to cause in some way 80% of Humanity to die off.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yeah right! Bring'em on! I hope they try. Nothing will turn gun grabbers into gun owners faster than that!
    edited November -1

Be that as it may, the people who control things on this prison planet are tired of the mass of rabble sucking up their resources and the evidence suggests they are going to cause in some way 80% of Humanity to die off.

What "evidence", some obscure nut case who put his crack pot theory into a blog?

People that control things profit from PEOPLE; it takes PEOPLE to buy things, consume things, make things, break things and wear things out. It takes PEOPLE to have wrecks, tear up cars, get lawyers, sue the other guy, make the body shop money it is a circle, PEOPLE make the world go around PEOPLE profit from PEOPLE.
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    the original question involved the effectiveness of body armour- particularly the type reinforced with ceramic plates. If the terrorists involved the US in a small arms fight as appears to be happening in the middle east, it would have some value. But their track record shows they prefer bombs and chemical/biological weapons and with the acquiescence of demrats, a nuclear bomb, along with flying airplanes into buildings. against such tactics, body armour would not be very effective. but if you feel better to have prepared for at least one possible alternative scenario, then it's worthwhile.
    edited November -1
    I just got my second lesser cost less fancy bare bones set in the mail today. As I was about to back out and drive post man came up with the package. It was one of those flat rate if it fits it ships boxes LOL He was hunched over and said "I swear this is a box of bricks" LOL

I told him what it was and that I bought it because there is a bill in the house to ban it. He said well that's probably a good idea to get it in case they ban it.

I plan to gerry rig in into a German Flak vest after I prime and paint the plates.

For about 155.00 you can get two curved hardened steel plates and two 6x8 side plates that will defeat .308 and 30.06 but it's not rated to but the tests say it will stop 30.06 to. You can also get a whole package deal like I did with the first set. The prices on this kind of technology has come way down since the 90's. Here is where I got my no frills plates. http://www.catiarmor.com

As for the depopulation agenda no it's not crazy people saying anything there people in positions of power have made their intentions clear in writing and speeches. Just do a little research.
    edited November -1
    Gun Broker also has more then a few listings for the stuff. http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=464194891