In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A TRUMP Presidency. What will that be like?

retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Politics
Let's talk about what a TRUMP Presidency will likely bring the Citizens of the USA.

I'm neither pro TRUMP nor against TRUMP.

What I am... Is totally against BILLARY and its ilk and bile. In so many ways!

First let me say, that I believe TRUMP will take BILLARY to the shed for an *-whooping.
Hence the wording of this threads title... 'Will' and not 'Would'.

What I see is TRUMP is first a business man.
He doesn't do anything involving money that ain't good for TRUMP.
That means to me that he'll rework the financial personality of our government.
Keeping production in the USA and not sending it overseas.
Taxes will be reworked in favor of the citizenry and not government.
This is going to reduce many high cost programs that we the taxpayer now are forced to pay for.

What I see is TRUMP forces others to play by the rules already in force.
This was evident in the way he has handled the GOP.
I'm pretty damn sure that he forced their hands to maintain adherence
to the Rules to nomination of a candidate already set forth for the RNC.

What I see is TRUMP is a family man.
He has traditional family values and supports those who do.

What I see is TRUMP is new player to the political scene.
He's NOT a career politician and this scares the hell out of the GOP.
I also believe that he has the majority support of the Republican Party
and that scares the hell out of the GOP.
I also believe that he's going to gain momentum over the next four months and gain support
of the majority of the American people and that scares the hell out of the US Government as a whole.

What I see is TRUMP don't quit.
In business, he's been highly successful. These are skills he can apply to the US Government.
He would renovate the government making it more successful on less money.
This is the root definition of profit.
And what's "profitable" for the government, I believe is ultimately "profitable" for the citizens.

The more I think about what a TRUMP presidency might become,
the more I wonder if it may be the best in my lifetime.
What I also think is, can or would a TRUMP presidency become TOO successful?
So much so, that in eight(8) years, would the American people be willing
to return to the 'Old Ways aka 'pre-TRUMP? I think not!

Brothers, I think we're looking into the eyes of a political revolution.
I pray that it will be for the best of all. Not just for TRUMP.

History will tell.

Comments

• discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "I also believe that he has the majority support of the Republican Party
    and that scares the hell out of the GOP."

huh? isn't GOP and Republican Party one and the same?
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:A TRUMP Presidency. What will that be like?Better than the alternative, but still a train wreck more than likely!!!!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    "I also believe that he has the majority support of the Republican Party
    and that scares the hell out of the GOP."

huh? isn't GOP and Republican Party one and the same?
    I believe there are two factions... Those who rule and control it. And those of us who are participants.
    My reference is that the GOP are the elitists...
    The Republican party are the members at large.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Trump wins then you can expect more tariffs on foreign made goods. He will makes plans like Putin to protect ways of production from leaving the USA and increase spending on infrastructure without Chinese welders etc... Hillary will have to do the same with one big difference! Gun Control to take away any rights to a general rebellion.

serf
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I don't think our nation can be fixed. But, if it can I would not bet against trump doing it. He has a damn fine track record of doing just what he says.

My business flourishes when folks are paid to stay home and not go to work, but I would never vote for a liberal. Many here who choose not to vote, are spineless. If you aren't going to vote for the GOP nominee at least be man enough to vote for Hillary.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese
    I don't think our nation can be fixed. But, if it can I would not bet against trump doing it. He has a damn fine track record of doing just what he says.

My business flourishes when folks are paid to stay home and not go to work, but I would never vote for a liberal. Many here who choose not to vote, are spineless. If you aren't going to vote for the GOP nominee at least be man enough to vote for Hillary.
    Amen brother cheese.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see Trump as a person who delegates some tasks therefore he might just put qualified people in positions to advise and in hte end he will make a decision. Right or wrong.

That is what someone has to do, now if I were Trump I would be sounding off real loud right now encouraging the public to put me in office with a majority in congress so I could actually accomplish something.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    I see Trump as a person who delegates some tasks therefore he might just put qualified people in positions to advise and in hte end he will make a decision. Right or wrong.

That is what someone has to do, now if I were Trump I would be sounding off real loud right now encouraging the public to put me in office with a majority in congress so I could actually accomplish something.

[;)]
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    201602_2001_fdheg.jpg

Suite!
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by roswellnative
    201602_2001_fdheg.jpg

Suite!
    I see what you did there... [:D]
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For one, it must heal the racial divide that establishment race hustlers have fervently led to keep the masses divided between minorities and whites in their continuing and failed 150 year old attempt to reconstruct southerners, for personal gain. Which means that terms like slavery and Jim Crow and/or other type code words from our representatives that end up bringing hate and discontent to rest upon the shoulders of all friends and neighbors of all race and ethnicities must stop or be expanded upon in a responsible manner that benefits everyone! Why? Because these same sort of terms spread like wildfire the further down the chain of hate they travel...which is all the way from them, to the black caucus, to the NAACP, diversity directors, and other like race hustling and militant saturated groups, to certain teachers, and most all of the children in our nation. And, it is common knowledge that this sort of historical and tyrannical leadership strikes terror in the hearts of all Americans when it is down to the street level where, especially assassinations of innocent people, like our law officers and other crimes of hate against mostly white people are concerned. That said, our representatives need to stop the racist BS that ends up with militant black organizations and like demonstrations, and TREAT ALL PEOPLE EQUALLY! It is our establishment politicians that keeps the life of hate in good order...and I am not giving the KKK a pass either, but it is not the KKK doing the vast majority of race hustling and hate crimes in this country, it is establishment politicians that start the ball rolling with such speech.

Fix our education system and it many problems, and rewrite our history books to better reflect it.

Give Trump a chance to fix the above and our justice system, economy, medical system, foreign policy, immigration, military, and execute a coalition based on equality among nations to seek out the radical Islamist terrorist everywhere they hide and kill or imprison them.
    What's next?
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It can't be any worse than the lieing cheating vile hag. Our rights would be gone and she has stated that. I don't care what he does. The country needs a complete cleansing.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

If anyone could get him to focus on the important things instead of continuing on talking his reality tv style smack, he might actually win and go on to accomplish something.

If that crap doesn't stop soon, he will be annihilated in November. Not only that, there is a good chance at least one part of Congress will change hands as well. You guys have to remember the media is going to be all out for Hillary, they will mince every word that comes out of his mouth, looking for something they can write a story about.

You would think some of his advisors would have told him to knock off the National Enquirer low class act by now.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    You would think some of his advisors would have told him to knock off the National Enquirer low class act by now.They probably have, but I doubt that his ego will allow him to follow their advice!

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

There was a rumor discussed on the radio last week that Trump approached Kasich about being VP. That the offer was that he'd be the most powerful VP in the history of the US, in that he'd be responsible for formulating policy and implementing it. According to the source Kasich asked what Trump would be during while he is doing all of this? And the answer was "making America great".

So you may be correct, he may be planning to delegate much of his presidential responsibilities to his number 2.
    edited November -1
    201602_2001_fdheg.jpg

Are you suggesting that our capital needs to be dismantled and reassembled as a piece of history for all to see, should they ever decide to visit the Smithsonian?
    What's next?
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump and Congress are going to get along like vinegar on your oatmeal.

The ELITE corruption will take two years to ruin him too, he will not be able to resist.

I do not see a Constitutional form of Administration from either Trump or the hildabeech.

The decline of our nation will continue, unabated.
    edited November -1
    I see Trump as a person who delegates some tasks therefore he might just put qualified people in positions to advise and in the end he will make a decision. Right or wrong.

If anyone could get him to focus on the important things instead of continuing on talking his reality tv style smack, he might actually win and go on to accomplish something.

If that crap doesn't stop soon, he will be annihilated in November. Not only that, there is a good chance at least one part of Congress will change hands as well. You guys have to remember the media is going to be all out for Hillary, they will mince every word that comes out of his mouth, looking for something they can write a story about.

You would think some of his advisers would have told him to knock off the National Enquirer low class act by now.
    Yup. He has got to get his ego in check.
  • Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I foresee a Trump Presidency to be reminiscent of the Ronnie Raygun Presidency.

Ronnie did not have a cooperative Congress of crooks, or anything approaching a truthful "media" so Ronnie bypassed the "media" took to his podium and delivered the message direct to the American public.

I lived through the RayGun years, felt the bite in my wallet, as the Military and Banks were rebuilt, and saw Ronnie STOPPED cold on his promise to abolish the Department of Miseducation. I also watched Ronnie cut & run in Lebanon after reaching too far where his hand didn't belong.

There would be many similarities between the RayGun Presidency and a Trump Presidency. Both men had/have the ability to take the case to the public and be heard. That ability can and hopefully will force the 535 Convicts to act.

Hopefully I will get to see my theory proven by the Election of Trump.

I also have full expectation of Litigation following Election Day that will make the Bush/Gore fiasco look like kids playing in the sand box.

Other things on my Hope list is Ryan being defeated in his Primary to return to the House. Trump will NEED a R Congress to make headway, and Ryan is not a rino go along boy.
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Sorry I Don't see The KKK Shooting The Dark green Populus It is Usually their own Doing the Shooting Or Leos
    hey its the truth [:I] quote:Originally posted by kimi
    For one, it must heal the racial divide that establishment race hustlers have fervently led to keep the masses divided between minorities and whites in their continuing and failed 150 year old attempt to reconstruct southerners, for personal gain. Which means that terms like slavery and Jim Crow and/or other type code words from our representatives that end up bringing hate and discontent to rest upon the shoulders of all friends and neighbors of all race and ethnicities must stop or be expanded upon in a responsible manner that benefits everyone! Why? Because these same sort of terms spread like wildfire the further down the chain of hate they travel...which is all the way from them, to the black caucus, to the NAACP, diversity directors, and other like race hustling and militant saturated groups, to certain teachers, and most all of the children in our nation. And, it is common knowledge that this sort of historical and tyrannical leadership strikes terror in the hearts of all Americans when it is down to the street level where, especially assassinations of innocent people, like our law officers and other crimes of hate against mostly white people are concerned. That said, our representatives need to stop the racist BS that ends up with militant black organizations and like demonstrations, and TREAT ALL PEOPLE EQUALLY! It is our establishment politicians that keeps the life of hate in good order...and I am not giving the KKK a pass either, but it is not the KKK doing the vast majority of race hustling and hate crimes in this country, it is establishment politicians that start the ball rolling with such speech.

Fix our education system and it many problems, and rewrite our history books to better reflect it.

Give Trump a chance to fix the above and our justice system, economy, medical system, foreign policy, immigration, military, and execute a coalition based on equality among nations to seek out the radical Islamist terrorist everywhere they hide and kill or imprison them.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump presidency will be like heaven compared to life under another Clinton...[;)]
    "What is truth?'
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I don't really care for either candidate and it's a sad state for the country when one has to vote for the " best of the worse". When the ONLY reason you vote is to ensure one candidate DOES NOT get elected it's really a sad reflection on the candidates and this country.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2
    I don't really care for either candidate and it's a sad state for the country when one has to vote for the " best of the worse". When the ONLY reason you vote is to ensure one candidate DOES NOT get elected it's really a sad reflection on the candidates and this country.
    I don't disagree with you.
    But, when you're presented a choice between a rock and a hard place...
    You do the best you can with what you've got.
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise in seeing a change in the way our government has been run for sometime now if he gets in. I think this feeling brings many to his side.
    edited November -1
    I saw something this evening where Trump was saying he would fund revenge PACs To destroy Cruz and Kasich; or something along those lines! Yeah, that's what he needs to focus on; not the job of a President or his pledge to make America great again! However, maybe he is a multitasker!

edited November -1
    His EGO is gonna be his undoing... [:(]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    His EGO is gonna be his undoing... [:(]YA THINK!

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump will stay with his winning strategy..after all,someone likes it...His success has always been surrounding himself with able people,and if they don't work out,he lets them go..."Your Only As Good as The People you have in Place"....that's been his motto since he became a businessman...I like his pomp and Ceremony..Dizzy Dean once said : "If you can do it,it aint bragging"....and Trump has done it so far.... I still think Hilary will bounce, and Bernie will some how become POTUS....(sad)[;)][:(][xx(][V][?]
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Trump will stay with his winning strategy..after all,someone likes it...His success has always been surrounding himself with able people,and if they don't work out,he lets them go..."Your Only As Good as The People you have in Place"....that's been his motto since he became a businessman...I like his pomp and Ceremony..Dizzy Dean once said : "If you can do it,it aint bragging"....and Trump has done it so far.... I still think Hilary will bounce, and Bernie will some how become POTUS....(sad)[;)][:(][xx(][V][?]
    +1. The ones that despise him for it, are usually the ones no one can stand to be around.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    I saw something this evening where Trump was saying he would fund revenge PACs To destroy Cruz and Kasich; or something along those lines! Yeah, that's what he needs to focus on; not the job of a President or his pledge to make America great again! However, maybe he is a multitasker!

The guy is either a flaming idiot, or a genius,...IF his goal is to help Hillary and the Democrat party.

I'm really getting sick of his garbage.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has been said that you go with what you Know
    and not what you dont Know.

In the case of this election I will say we know what she is and what she
    has done in the past(Corruption, lies, subtrefuge and death) since the Late 80's.
    I will choose to go with what I dont know Trump!
  • WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wrangler
    I see it kinda like this:

https://youtu.be/g5xs4vMx-fM

[:D] One down, fifty million to go! [:D]
    What's next?
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't be any worse than the past 8 years of community leader "leading".

Kind a looking forward to this loose cannon clearing the deck in a white squall situation.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What could go wrong with non-fact based policy?

George Will predicts Trump will get the non-college educated white vote, and Clinton will get the largest majority of the college educated vote any Dem has received since 1953.

I think however it goes we are well and truly screwed.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    Can't be any worse than the past 8 years of community leader "leading".

Kind a looking forward to this loose cannon clearing the deck in a white squall situation.

[:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts

The guy is either a flaming idiot, or a genius,...IF his goal is to help Hillary and the Democrat party.

I'm really getting sick of his garbage.

[:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They say,,

According to Bloomberg, "a person familiar with Trump's thinking" says Trump is willing to pour millions into outside groups in the months leading up to election day, in an effort to prevent Cruz and Kasich from ever winning another office.

Read more: http://nationalenquirer.com/2016/07/23/report-trump-will-fund-revenge-pacs-to-destroy-cruz-kasich/#ixzz4FRdtjaHT

They promised although Trump wasn't familiar with how political promises change with the wind.

Or Trump could get occupied with winning the election and put it on hold?
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese

If you aren't going to vote for Liberty and the Constitution, please stay the hell home.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele