In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tea Party Striking Out Again!

gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
edited September 2014 in Politics
More Tea Party candidates going down to defeat against mainstream REP candidates....most recently in Kansas and tonight most likely in TN against Lamar Alexander. Looks like the TP is striking out everywhere....could it be that the TP is just out of gas and the message is not resonating with the voters?

Comments

• casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Incumbent Senators win 90%+ of the time. The Senate is key this cycle to stopping the plunge to the LEFT. I am not going to judge the "Tea Party" effect on win/loss in State wide Senate races.

But MAINSTREAM Republican candidate?
    "Mainstream is the common current thought of the majority."

Establishment does not equal mainstream.

Roberts 48.1%, and don't forget Mississippi.

It's all about pressure. If it were not for the "Tea Party" WHO would be pushing back against the LEFT leaning establishment GOP members. (It's a dirty job but someone has to do it)

One might want to compare the "Tea Party" message with this.
    http://www.gop.com/our-party/
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The message is forcing a Constitutional discussion.

It is sad that the GOP sheep are content to live off of the scraps thrown to them from D.C. and return men to the Senate so they can, just like that fine lady from Detroit once told us, 'Bring Home the Bacon. That is what you do'.

Voting for Federal Largesse sickens me, and the GOP is as guilty as the Democrats.

Those that believe there is a significant difference between mainstream agendas are sadly not only fooling themselves but are stabbing the children and grandchildren in the back.

It sickens me that our electorate is so ignorant of history and the impact upon our future that they can celebrate the defeat of Constitutional candidates by big government GOP wealth re-distributors.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    I see that the last TP candidate, the guy running against Lamar in TN went down to blazing defeat. Hopefully now the TP can join hands with the REP Party and throw out the bums.....the REAL enemy....the LIB DEM's in Nov and then get the White House in 2016 so we can get this country back on the track. I also see that the fool Walsh dropped out in Montana so that should be another REP pickup in Nov.....I am hoping that the southbound train is heading for POTUS standing on the tracks and Harry Reid's days as Senate MLeader are numbered....the man from Searchlight might be back their in 2016! Whoops...forgot....he sold the farm there and took the money and headed to Las Vegas.....literally![:)]
  • captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The republicans have done absolutely nothing to earn my vote.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the Democrats have done much to assure that I could not in good conscience vote for them.
  • bigboy12bigboy12 Member Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speaking as a TN resident I can tell you that Laymar Alexander is not a friend of the Constitution. He has voted in favor of Obama 60% of the time. The Republican establishment was so afraid of Tea party candidate Joe Carr that they enticed one of Laymar's closest friends and supporters, George Flinn, to enter the race. This siphoned votes away from Carr. I am most likely through with the Republicans.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    I see that the last TP candidate, the guy running against Lamar in TN went down to blazing defeat. Hopefully now the TP can join hands with the REP Party and throw out the bums.....the REAL enemy....the LIB DEM's in Nov and then get the White House in 2016 so we can get this country back on the track. I also see that the fool Walsh dropped out in Montana so that should be another REP pickup in Nov.....I am hoping that the southbound train is heading for POTUS standing on the tracks and Harry Reid's days as Senate MLeader are numbered....the man from Searchlight might be back their in 2016! Whoops...forgot....he sold the farm there and took the money and headed to Las Vegas.....literally![:)]

In several instances, over periods of time, in the not so distant past, the (R) party had it all. What did they do with that power; did they correct the governments power grab, gut excess Federal spending, stop the trampling of our God granted rights? No, they did the same thing the (D) party was doing, they are just as scummy and proved once and for all time the two party system is a system with fools on either side supporting Elite Scum.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

In several instances, over periods of time, in the not so distant past, the (R) party had it all. What did they do with that power; did they correct the governments power grab, gut excess Federal spending, stop the trampling of our God granted rights? No, they did the same thing the (D) party was doing, they are just as scummy and proved once and for all time the two party system is a system with fools on either side supporting Elite Scum.

And your solution is?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947

And your solution is?

Stop wishing and act. Stop buying the (D) or (R) party lines, stop voting yourself into bondage. Stop voting your grand kids into financial ruin.

Act responsibly, find some one with a constitutional frame of mind, support them as best you can to win, in a few instances that person may well be a (R) or (D), but that will be rare.

Cochran stealing the election should forever squash any support for the established corrupt (R) party you may have had.
    edited November -1

And your solution is?

The "solustion" is quite clear for any one who has been alive for the last eight years....get rid of Harry Reid and the LIB DEM's who have been running this country into the ground for the last eight years. I take it that your solution along with several other folks who have responded to this thread is to either throw your vote away for some weak candidate who has no hope to win or to stay home and not vote for the anti-LIB DEM candidate, thereby being an INDIRECT DEM voter. Mitt Romney would have won against BO if all the REP and Conservatives had joined hands and linked up to keep him out....but so many folks who disliked BO either stayed home in a funk or voted for some insignificant candidate that he lost and not by much. That is the reality so hopefully likeminded conservatives can join hands to keep the DEM's our of power for the next four years and get this country back on the tracks. That is my solution....and yours IS? What?
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The system is rigged by The Federal Reserve,lobbyist and all three branches of the government. When the central banks stop buying and hiding all the debt then presto The NWO will step in with the Chaos and just then bind us with tighter bonds with a cashless society.

The country is becoming a third world country with millions of illegal immigrants with no allegiance to A Constitution that was written over 200 years ago and had been subjugated by Congress and The Supreme Court since the civil war.

Your vote has about as just much effect on government as a gnat on a Rhino's butt![:D] Ain't nobody left that can do a damn thing now to change the conception of free will to act alone or together to change the Illuminati's grip on mankind's actions for we are like cattle in the chute to the slaughter house.

The Patriot Acts along with creeping total surveillance of citizens actions will make you nothing more than a pawn on a chess board that can be seen and moved at their will.Obey or perish will be their motto.

serf
    edited November -1
    That is the reality so hopefully likeminded conservatives can join hands to keep the DEM's our of power for the next four years and get this country back on the tracks. That is my solution....and yours IS? What?

My solution is not polishing a turd (R) and calling him better than a turd (D). A polished turd is still a turd.

I choose limited government, my solution is to find THOSE candidates and vote for them....
    edited November -1
    That is the reality so hopefully likeminded conservatives can join hands to keep the DEM's our of power for the next four years and get this country back on the tracks. That is my solution....and yours IS? What?

My solution is not polishing a turd (R) and calling him better than a turd (D). A polished turd is still a turd.

I choose limited government, my solution is to find THOSE candidates and vote for them....

bpost....and who might THOSE candidates be? Just wondering....? I, on the other hand, will be voting for any REP candidate who is running for the POTUS job as I have no test for perfection...I admit that all are flawed in some sort of way but we have seen the alternative for eight years.....you like what we got? Want more of the same? The solution is to get every DEM out of office IMO and get this country back on track....now litmus test here, or test for MY perfection....just got to turn the bums out.
    edited November -1

bpost....and who might THOSE candidates be? Just wondering....? I, on the other hand, will be voting for any REP candidate who is running for the POTUS job as I have no test for perfection...I admit that all are flawed in some sort of way but we have seen the alternative for eight years.....you like what we got? Want more of the same? The solution is to get every DEM out of office IMO and get this country back on track....now litmus test here, or test for MY perfection....just got to turn the bums out.

I will vote for any candidate, DEM, GOP, Libertarian or independent that advocates for limited and Constitutional Governance. We have had your 'more of the same' for 38 plus years, under both Democrats and Republicans.

It is not working, Gary.

The mainstream GOP's abject fear of the Tea Party is creating intra-party dirty politics that we have seen very rarely in the past.

Bottom line?

The Tea Party influence will limit government. The mainstream Democrats and Republicans do not want government limited because it reduces their power to buy votes. The problem is that the faithful of both parties are perfectly happy having their votes purchased at the expense of their children and grandchildren.

Once again: It is not working.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1

Gary,
    Maybe a RED and BLUE chart would help open your eyes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Presidents_and_control_of_Congress

Your way is proven failure, year after year, time after time. Why keep putting your hand on the hot stove and keep wishing you won't get burned?

Excuses are like butts; everybody has one. The excuses used by the (R) party are truly pathetic. It is time for the Elite (R) party to die.
    edited November -1
    That's great chart.

What I get from it is since FDR the Democrats have controlled the Senate 48 years to the Republican 20 years.

In the same time frame the House has been controlled by Democrats 48 years to the Republican 20 years.

Of that 68 years Democrats have controlled both houses 42 years and the Republicans 14 years.

In that 14 years of have both houses they have blown opportunities and leaned the wrong way in my opinion. (of that 14 years they have controlled the Senate, House and POTUS for 6 years and Democrats 22).

The "TEA Party" is the only hope. The battle ground is in the primaries. Change the makeup of the members and you can change the leadership. Chose your Presidential candidate carefully, because he/she will determine the head of the National committee.
    edited November -1
    That's great chart.

What I get from it is since FDR the Democrats have controlled the Senate 48 years to the Republican 20 years.

In the same time frame the House has been controlled by Democrats 48 years to the Republican 20 years.

Of that 68 years Democrats have controlled both houses 42 years and the Republicans 14 years.

In that 14 years of have both houses they have blown opportunities and leaned the wrong way in my opinion. (of that 14 years they have controlled the Senate, House and POTUS for 6 years and Democrats 22).

The "TEA Party" is the only hope. The battle ground is in the primaries. Change the makeup of the members and you can change the leadership. Chose your Presidential candidate carefully, because he/she will determine the head of the National committee.

casper1947, you are wise to get it, sad others miss the opportunity to grow. It is undeniable the (D) elite have had power longer in terms of years. It is also undeniable the (R) elite did nothing to return to the constitution when they had power. the 1940's (D)'s were much like the uber conservative (R) guys of today.

The sad fact is, BOTH parties have marched lock step towards total, Federal control each and every time they had the power to govern.

(R) and (D) alike; same wolf, different check book....
    edited November -1
    That's great chart.

casper1947, you are wise to get it, sad others miss the opportunity to grow. It is undeniable the (D) elite have had power longer in terms of years. It is also undeniable the (R) elite did nothing to return to the constitution when they had power. the 1940's (D)'s were much like the uber conservative (R) guys of today.

The sad fact is, BOTH parties have marched lock step towards total, Federal control each and every time they had the power to govern.

(R) and (D) alike; same wolf, different check book....

Great that you two are talking it up....but didn't answer my question....who WILL you support in 2016...quit ducking and come up with some names. The two parties today are completely different than the 1940's...just no comparison. The Old South was DEM back in the day...very conservative and very segregationist. Changed in the 1960's and completely flipped. I would agree that we need to scale back gov't and the way to start is to elect more conservative leaders in 2014 and 2016....who do you support? Neither of you get the reality....third parties and their lousy candidates just get a minority POTUS elected (see Bill Clinton..) By not supporting the more conservative candidate in 2008 and 2012 we got what we got today.
    edited November -1
    Actually I don't ever recall endorsing a third party. The only possible fix as I see it is to push the Republican party to uphold the standards they claim to hold. Many do hold these values but not all. Use the Primaries to upgrade or at least pressure.

Let's see. Lee, Cruz, Walker and not necessarily in that order. But since NONE have declared yet I may hold back see if any of them want the job.

I view voting against something/someone just as valid as voting for something. That vote should be with full intent of defeating what I am against. I can very easily vote for someone I agree with 70% of the time to defeat one I agree with 0% of the time.

Also WHO will you support in the Delaware primary as a registered Democrat?[:D]
    edited November -1

Great that you two are talking it up....but didn't answer my question....who WILL you support in 2016...quit ducking and come up with some names. The two parties today are completely different than the 1940's...just no comparison. The Old South was DEM back in the day...very conservative and very segregationist. Changed in the 1960's and completely flipped. I would agree that we need to scale back gov't and the way to start is to elect more conservative leaders in 2014 and 2016....who do you support? Neither of you get the reality....third parties and their lousy candidates just get a minority POTUS elected (see Bill Clinton..) By not supporting the more conservative candidate in 2008 and 2012 we got what we got today.

Your question has been answered numerous times, Gary.

It becomes pointless to repeatedly answer the same question, particularly when it is just a tactic from someone who refuses to address the fundamental problem of perpetuating the mistakes of the past.

I will support the candidate who seems is the most sincere in their support of Constitutional Governance. It will probably be the libertarian candidate, but the GOP may surprise us. Not holding my breath, but hoping.

Brad Steele
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    ...click...replace lying thief group a with lying thief group b...click...replace lying thief group a with lying thief group b...click...replace lying thief group a with lying thief group b...click...

sheesh
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Was Amash a tea party candidate?

Gary You didn't mention that smashing victory over a mainstream backed republican challenger?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/06/justin-amash-won-on-tuesday-and-then-things-got-interesting-video/
  • nodognodog Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see that the last TP candidate, the guy running against Lamar in TN went down to blazing defeat. Hopefully now the TP can join hands with the REP Party and throw out the bums.....the REAL enemy....the LIB DEM's in Nov and then get the White House in 2016 so we can get this country back on the track. [:)]

Government is 100% regulatory and never the answer to problems unless incarceration is your idea of an answer.

Doesn't matter if there's multiple more mountains of evidence proving the fact that government isn't the answer, people will continue to scream from the roof tops it is and for one reason, hatred for someone else.

The first TP wasn't for the people, neither is this current movement.
    edited November -1
    Wonderful commments...SO? Who will support in 2016? We conservative have a chance to turn this country around in the next POTUS election and I don't see anyone that you will support. My gameplan is clear...anyone who is not a DEM gets my support...can you equivicators say the same? Doubt it.
    edited November -1
    Wonderful commments...SO? Who will support in 2016? We conservative have a chance to turn this country around in the next POTUS election and I don't see anyone that you will support. My gameplan is clear...anyone who is not a DEM gets my support...can you equivicators say the same? Doubt it.

Define conservative please.

If conservative means the person has (R) after their name; no thanks BTDT got the sore butt from it. Just because someone has a (R) after his or her name does not make them conservative any more than a (D) makes them for the little guy.

Your game plan is passe', it is a failure. Please join us in the light and bask in the ideals of individual freedom coupled with individual responsibility assured by a limited Federal Government tightly controlled by the Constitution; servant to the States and "We The People" starved for funds to keep it lean.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1

Define conservative please.

If conservative means the person has (R) after their name; no thanks BTDT got the sore butt from it. Just because someone has a (R) after his or her name does not make them conservative any more than a (D) makes them for the little guy.

Your game plan is passe', it is a failure. Please join us in the light and bask in the ideals of individual freedom coupled with individual responsibility assured by a limited Federal Government tightly controlled by the Constitution; servant to the States and "We The People" starved for funds to keep it lean.

What republicans aren't conservatives you say?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mossbergboogie

What republicans aren't conservatives you say?

Your statement, even in green, makes the idea of the two party system even more suspect. Since one of two parties will win 99% of the time and one of the hopefuls side (D) is plumb full of fellow Socialists/Statist/Marxist/Elite/ Progressives he may just join the (R) party to try and get on the ballot, ideology be dang.

Remember Arlen Specter? He was a real work of self serving art and sold out Americans from both sides of the isle.
    edited November -1
    The Charlie Crist idiot in Florida is another prime example.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    The Charlie Crist idiot in Florida is another prime example.

+1000
    edited November -1
    We need to, apparently, introduce a new term into the current political lexicon.

Those that believe one party to espouse Conservatism and are therfore the saviors of our Republic are properly deemed Rinosaurs, as extinction is clearly in their future.

Brad Steele
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I could never hold my nose hard enough to vote for Lamar Alexander. When he started wearing the flannel shirt every day while he was running for President, to show me he was a common man just like me, I took it as a personal insult for which I see no reason to forgive him.

If he had done it once to make a point I might be able to overlook it, but he just kept on doing it.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1

Who in the hell is going to turn this country around the rhinos, dream on. The Republican elites spent tons of money knocking out any new blood during the past primary season after Ryan had his * kicked, think not take a look at Mississippi. Makes one wonder if they have any money left for the mid terms.

I received a phone call from the Republican National for donations, told them to pound salt after speaking my mind. I wouldn't give them three cents

The Republicans now feel a little comfortable after the primaries knocking out what they perceive their enemies so here we go again starting to drag out Romney and in the background Bush, wow what an offering one who got knocked out and another part of a dynasty---nothing new

I have come to the conclusion they don't really care to win, only sit back while the Dems rip our country to shreds saying hey we can't help it we tried to get elected, but it failed so we have no power. The elites only care for their well being and power to continue on as always

Think not my mind/memory maybe rusty, but I recall Romney ripping into the other candidates during the Republican debates, then one time into big ears on the first debate he had with him. Big ears looked like a sad spanked kid who else except sociopathic narcissistic would look that way thinking look what this guy is saying about wonderful me. Well wonderful me got to the Republicans to allow Dem monitors and almost started kissing the wonderful me

I'm to the point when Fox news has Karl Rove on, they love him, I surf what a bag of wind. Remember where he was when all the great legislation was passed ie Patriot Act, TSA, Homeland Security and other things we have to live with. Yea he is an elite and has caused we the people a lot of grief and cares less

quote:Don McManus
    The Tea Party influence will limit government. The mainstream Democrats and Republicans do not want government limited because it reduces their power to buy votes. The problem is that the faithful of both parties are perfectly happy having their votes purchased at the expense of their children and grandchildren.

Those that believe one party to espouse Conservatism and are therfore the saviors of our Republic are properly deemed Rinosaurs, as extinction is clearly in their future.

I agree it is only a matter of time it will all end, I repeat look at Mississippi
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ford 23

Who in the hell is going to turn this country around the rhinos, dream on. The Republican elites spent tons of money knocking out any new blood during the past primary season after Ryan had his * kicked, think not take a look at Mississippi. Makes one wonder if they have any money left for the mid terms.

I received a phone call from the Republican National for donations, told them to pound salt after speaking my mind. I wouldn't give them three cents

The Republicans now feel a little comfortable after the primaries knocking out what they perceive their enemies so here we go again starting to drag out Romney and in the background Bush, wow what an offering one who got knocked out and another part of a dynasty---nothing new

I have come to the conclusion they don't really care to win, only sit back while the Dems rip our country to shreds saying hey we can't help it we tried to get elected, but it failed so we have no power. The elites only care for their well being and power to continue on as always

Think not my mind/memory maybe rusty, but I recall Romney ripping into the other candidates during the Republican debates, then one time into big ears on the first debate he had with him. Big ears looked like a sad spanked kid who else except sociopathic narcissistic would look that way thinking look what this guy is saying about wonderful me. Well wonderful me got to the Republicans to allow Dem monitors and almost started kissing the wonderful me

I'm to the point when Fox news has Karl Rove on, they love him, I surf what a bag of wind. Remember where he was when all the great legislation was passed ie Patriot Act, TSA, Homeland Security and other things we have to live with. Yea he is an elite and has caused we the people a lot of grief and cares less

I agree it is only a matter of time it will all end, I repeat look at Mississippi

SO???????????Who will you support in 2016? Again, lots of negatives, nothing positive. No names, just the more of the same old jargon...rhino's and the rest....it is really getting quite old. We have a chance to take the Senate back and then the White House in 2016 and get the country back on track.....maybe not the track you want it on, but certainly a better one than the last six years. My goal is clear....anyone who is the anti-DEM has my vote...got to clean the place out of the LIB's and get the country back.
    edited November -1
    There's nothing positive out there. Republicans may get the House and Senate, but if you think they'll "get the country back on track" you're dreaming.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ford 23

SO???????????Who will you support in 2016? Again, lots of negatives, nothing positive. No names, just the more of the same old jargon...rhino's and the rest....it is really getting quite old. We have a chance to take the Senate back and then the White House in 2016 and get the country back on track.....maybe not the track you want it on, but certainly a better one than the last six years. My goal is clear....anyone who is the anti-DEM has my vote...got to clean the place out of the LIB's and get the country back.

McCain and Romney were both 'Libs'. Why should a like candidate get any support, Gary? The GOP has followed the misguided path of the Tories; a path no Conservative can follow in good conscience.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1

You must have a mouse in your pocket when you say "we". Obama would veto anything to hit his desk passed by a (R)&(R)Congress. I still find it amazing you keep talking the same (R) party line about lib's and "get the country back", it is a pie in the sky pipe dream an ain't gonna happen.

The (R) Elite have had powerful golden opportunities over the past three decades to cut government, stop stupid wars, balance the budget, pass term limits and gut the IRS. What did they do instead? They became just like the (D) party. Corrupt, self serving liars and cheats. Gary, THEY DID NOTHING. They had the power of the purse, they did nothing, they had the check book and all they did was line their own pockets. They never will NEVER recover the (R) party is toast, as it should be.
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You must have a mouse in your pocket when you say "we". Obama would veto anything to hit his desk passed by a (R)&(R)Congress. I still find it amazing you keep talking the same (R) party line about lib's and "get the country back", it is a pie in the sky pipe dream an ain't gonna happen.

The (R) Elite have had powerful golden opportunities over the past three decades to cut government, stop stupid wars, balance the budget, pass term limits and gut the IRS. What did they do instead? They became just like the (D) party. Corrupt, self serving liars and cheats. Gary, THEY DID NOTHING. They had the power of the purse, they did nothing, they had the check book and all they did was line their own pockets. They never will NEVER recover the (R) party is toast, as it should be.

He's just trolling. His questions have been answered on numerous occasions and nothing jives with his line of thinking.
    edited November -1

bpost.......Well, we disagree on the REP "...being toast." Guys have to face facts....we are a two party system and the sooner folks get back with the program the sooner we clean the REAL enemies out...the LIB/Pro DEM's and try to get the country back on track with some real leadeship. Am I happy with the "stuff" that has happened over the last fifteen years or so....not really. But what you forget as do most here is that we were attacked on 9/11 and that event changed the direction of the country completely which you seem not to acknowledge. I am just trying to find a middle conservative ground that we can agree upon rather than saying "chuck it all" climb into a hole and pull the hood over the top. Our country needs conservative leadership desperately IMO and I am just trying to pin you guys down on who you would support so perhaps we can get some common agreement.....but nowhere do I see that anyone here would like to name some names but rather just complain about the state of "things." I actually think the Tea Party has done some good in forcing REP's to become more conservative and that is a good thing but no TP leader has risen to national attention which is one reason why most folks here can't name someone to support other than a REP or a LIB which evidently is heresy. And I ain't trollin'
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

bpost.......Well, we disagree on the REP "...being toast." Guys have to face facts....we are a two party system and the sooner folks get back with the program the sooner we clean the REAL enemies out...the LIB/Pro DEM's and try to get the country back on track with some real leadeship. Am I happy with the "stuff" that has happened over the last fifteen years or so....not really. But what you forget as do most here is that we were attacked on 9/11 and that event changed the direction of the country completely which you seem not to acknowledge. I am just trying to find a middle conservative ground that we can agree upon rather than saying "chuck it all" climb into a hole and pull the hood over the top. Our country needs conservative leadership desperately IMO and I am just trying to pin you guys down on who you would support so perhaps we can get some common agreement.....but nowhere do I see that anyone here would like to name some names but rather just complain about the state of "things." I actually think the Tea Party has done some good in forcing REP's to become more conservative and that is a good thing but no TP leader has risen to national attention which is one reason why most folks here can't name someone to support other than a REP or a LIB which evidently is heresy. And I ain't trollin'

The fact that you'll, as you've stated, vote for anyone running against the dem's is proof that nothing is ever going to change. You act as if the republican party doesn't have it's fair share of liberal/progressive hacks. What makes you think that there's any real difference between the two political parties other than rhetoric?

You seem dismissive of the media's role as kingmaker in this country. What "true" conservative out there is going to survive the inevitable media onslaught and get elected? A "true" conservative is never going to get a fair shake from the media.

Considering the general public's extreme apathy and stupidity towards politics, incumbency re-election rates (in excess of 90%+), combined with the corruption in both parties I don't see how anything is ever going to change. It would take an extreme awakening and a herculean effort on the part of the public to just get things started and if the last 40 years is any indication it simply isn't going to happen.

Compromise is what got this country where it is and compromise is not going to fix it either.