In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Black teen Attacks Police Officer

DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Politics
A Black teen scuffles with a police officer and tries to take his gun..........the hoodlum is shot and our leader will once again view the thug as a possible son and turn the Feds loose. Anyone think that it will come out any other way?

Comments

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-brown-shooting-some-ferguson-missouri-residents-do-not-believe-cops-story/

'
    Police say the fatal shooting happened when the officer encountered two men on a street Saturday afternoon. They say one of the men pushed the officer back into his squad car and there was a struggle over the officer's gun.

"There was at least one shot fired within the car after that the office came back out of the car,". said St. Louis County Police Chief John Belmar. "He exited...his vehicle and there was a shooting that occurred where the officer shot the subject."

Dorian Johnson said he was with Michael Brown, and he gave a different account. Johnson said the officer pulled up next to the two teens and exchanged words with them before choking Brown and trying to pull him into the squad car. The officer, he said, then exited his car, fired a shot and chased after Brown, who was running for his life.

"We wasn't causing no harm to nobody [sic]," Johnson said. "We had no weapons on us at all.

"He shot again and once my friend felt that shot he turned around and put his hands in the air and started to get down, and the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and fired several more shots." '

And of course:

'U.S. Justice Department spokeswoman Dena Iverson said Sunday that Attorney General Eric Holder had instructed attorneys in the department's civil rights division to monitor developments, the Associated Press reported.'

If there is video and/audio of the event, the DOJ should have a fairly easy time of ascertaining who is telling the truth.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    i would like to know what happened before the action started and what was the cause/reason for trying to put the man in the car in the first place. and why the extra shots after the man was going down after being hit and in full view with no weapons being seen. i guess the officer wanted to go home real bad after his shift. i think their will be a big pay out on this one. according to T.S. uncle albert,one of the i don,t give a crap crowd.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two sides to every story. Even if the cop killed the kid just for kicks or because he was black or for whatever reason, I fail to see how rioting and looting is an appropriate response and will make anything better. An old friend of mine managed a store there that got trashed and she is pissed. I doubt that she will go out and start trashing black residences in retaliation though.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    it seems its a black thing, and alot of the stores are in the area where the blacks live and some are black owned. how does that help anything? if i was a store owner i would have to think long and hard before building in a black area. the shooting does not look good with the information out so far. according to T.S. uncle albert,one of the i don,t give a crap crowd.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    One report had the two kids shoplifting from the store and the cops stopped them for that. Wbo knows what the truth is....just need an investigation. Find it interesting that "the community" uses that excuse to loot and burn stores. But the truth will come out.....I hope.
  • DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure the parents of Channon Christian will feel terrible that there is one less Black teen around.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Wow. eastbank not only doesn't like cops; he doesn't like blacks either.

I promise you, straight-faced: There are people in this world that I would shoot if they were to resist or assault me, even unarmed.

The dead guy was high, and had just committed a robbery. The officer didn't know he had committed a robbery, but he did, and he did not know that the officer didn't know. As far as the dead guy knew, that officer was there to put him away for many years, and high on marijuana, resistance seemed to be the best option. Had he simply done as requested by the officer, he would still be alive.
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Dorian Johnson said he was with Michael Brown, and he gave a different account. Johnson said the officer pulled up next to the two teens and exchanged words with them before choking Brown and trying to pull him into the squad car. The officer, he said, then exited his car, fired a shot and chased after Brown, who was running for his life."

Is this the normal way an officer would get someone in the car?
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If You strong arm people for store items(Thief)then don't try to intimidate the police just because you got away with it. Play with fire and you will get burned.

The truth should come out however there are two opposite stories being told at this time about about the incident one if he attacked the policeman or two ran with his hands up?

serf
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    "Dorian Johnson said he was with Michael Brown, and he gave a different account. Johnson said the officer pulled up next to the two teens and exchanged words with them before choking Brown and trying to pull him into the squad car. The officer, he said, then exited his car, fired a shot and chased after Brown, who was running for his life."

Is this the normal way an officer would get someone in the car?
    By his account the cop was trying to drag the guy in the drivers door on top of him.[?]
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if holder were given a truth enema there would be nothing left but the toilet paper lying there
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Local white liberal columnist seems to think that whites want all the info before making a decision and blacks are protesting because they are sure the cop murdered the guy is just fine and justified. I don't get it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaveJ
    A Black teen scuffles with a police officer and tries to take his gun..........the hoodlum is shot and our leader will once again view the thug as a possible son and turn the Feds loose. Anyone think that it will come out any other way?

Was I right ?[}:)] There was never any doubt.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    The true story will come out and I will bet that the officer will be cleared, as was Zimmerman in the Trayvon shotting. The "community" won't like it as the facts will not support their narrative but it will be just another example of racial strife during the period of Am His that we have a black prez and black AG. Very strange. I feel for Officer Wilson and his family....and actually for the family of the doped up black thug that was shot...too bad those folks who were at his funeral were not around to help him grow up and not turn into a robber/thug who bum rushed a police officer and got himself shot...whoops...let my interpretation of the facts slip out.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    My sister-in-law's sister (niece-in-law?) is married to a cop. He says that, if you're alone in your cruiser and you approach someone whom you believe may be involved in illegal activities (especially a 6'4", 290 lb teen), you make sure your doors are locked, ready your firearm, and call for backup. The last thing you do is exit your vehicle. No matter how strong and/or PO'd or high the perp is he can beat on the bulletproof glass of that car until his hands fall off and the officer will be safe.

He also cannot understand why there is no video from the cop's car, because as soon as the cruiser's door is opened the camera automatically starts. An officer can turn it off, but he must re-enter the car and close the door first. Is this different in different jurisdictions?
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    The cameras in our cars came on automatically with activation of the overhead emergency lights, not with opening of the door. They also could be turned on manually from inside the car or with the button on the remote microphone.

I reckon they can be rigged up in a number of ways, but no one way is universal.

Having the camera activate on opening of the car door is a pretty neat idea though.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    My sister-in-law's sister (niece-in-law?) is married to a cop. He says that, if you're alone in your cruiser and you approach someone whom you believe may be involved in illegal activities (especially a 6'4", 290 lb teen), you make sure your doors are locked, ready your firearm, and call for backup. The last thing you do is exit your vehicle. No matter how strong and/or PO'd or high the perp is he can beat on the bulletproof glass of that car until his hands fall off and the officer will be safe.

He also cannot understand why there is no video from the cop's car, because as soon as the cruiser's door is opened the camera automatically starts. An officer can turn it off, but he must re-enter the car and close the door first. Is this different in different jurisdictions?

The glass in police cars is DOT glass, no different than any other car of that make and model.

Time will tell the tale. My hunch says when the truth does come out the professional race pimps, Obama, Holder et al are going to have a pile of crow to eat. The FBI is pretty good at getting to the bottom of this stuff.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the truth is irrelevant to those seeking new FREE TV's or other nifty items plus the excitement of whooping it up and destroying their own neighborhood
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The cop will be exonerated and there might be nation wide riots, I might take advantage I need a new 4 slot toaster and a blender.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster

The glass in police cars is DOT glass, no different than any other car of that make and model.

Time will tell the tale. My hunch says when the truth does come out the professional race pimps, Obama, Holder et al are going to have a pile of crow to eat. The FBI is pretty good at getting to the bottom of this stuff.

It depends upon how politicized the FBI has become.

It has happened in the past, after all.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • simongirtysimongirty Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did anyone see the surveillance video from inside the store when the looters finally busted in through the front windows? If that ain't a case for why you need a normal round mag and a military style semi-automatic rifle NOTHING IS!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by simongirty
    Did anyone see the surveillance video from inside the store when the looters finally busted in through the front windows? If that ain't a case for why you need a normal round mag and a military style semi-automatic rifle NOTHING IS!

As they stole the merchandise on the upper shelves, their hands were up. Clearly another " Hands Up Don't Shoot " situation.