In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Doctor Office Ask Wife About Guns

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Politics
Wife went into the doctor office and was ask yesterday if guns where in the house! This is Obama administration gestapo Tactics to gain info for the coming gun grab,bet on it!They will deny it however! The are lairs!

serf

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-asks-doctors-help-deal-guns_696121.html

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/01/obamas-executive-action-23-new-directives-with-the-stroke-of-a-pen/

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to healthcare providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities

Comments

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    "Lairs" Huh?

Yep it's the coming police state! What do cops do when they go undercover to investigate someone?

serf
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What did she say?
    RLTW

• grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Even the VA does not ask me if I have Firearms.
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Just say No.

Hey, it worked for Nancy Reagan.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    What did she say?

Plead the fifth!

serf [:D]
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My brother went to his heart doc a couple weeks ago. He shared this with me. He said he and the doc were making small talk and he mentioned he was taking his grandkids out to do some shooting. His doc is pro gun. At this point the doc told him this. What you just mentioned about taking the grandkids out to use guns, I am supposed to interject this, "don't you think it would be safer for your grandchildren if you just turned those guns over to us?" He told my brother not to answer, but he was just letting him know the hospital for which he worked had that policy. The doc went on to say he could not just flat out ask about guns but if the conversation was opened by the patient they could then extend it.
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would reply that I have no legal guns in my house.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    During my last hospital stay a murse started asking me questions about if I was happy at home, if I felt loved, etc.

I let him know I would answer any question about my physical condition as it related to the reason I was at the hospital, but other than that, nothing.

Gun question did not come up. None of your business would have been the answer, just as it was for my psychological condition.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    "Lairs" Huh?

We're not all perfect all of the time. Are you?

SS
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    I would reply that I have no legal guns in my house.

So, in that case, apparently one may infer you only have ILLEGAL firearms in your house!

[:D][:D][;)][:o)]

Yes, that would be the point. [8D] I would then know if the Dr rats me out.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never been asked about guns. Have been asked if I am feeling sad or depressed. Told that they have to ask this. I am always happy and not depressed. Had a relative in their 30's apply for long term disability insurance and was denied coverage because she had been treated for depression. Being treated for depression can also cost you your guns if you are not careful.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am a framer...depression? have you ever watched Green Acres?? how could a farmer be depressed ???
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    maybe depressed because i can't spell correctly on the first try...farmer
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't address the question at all lecture the Dr. or Nurse about the medical communities proper role in society and tell them if they want to learn about guns that google is their friend and that discussion of firearms at the request of the government is creepy and they ought to be ashamed in engaging in that type of thing.