In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Internet Sale Tax is Coming!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Politics
You knew the tax man was coming for The wild wild west internet!Those days are over! After all The States needs that money for illegals immigration to be incorporated into our society properly!

The supreme court will flip on the second amendment too just watch!

serf

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-rules-states-can-require-online-retailers-collect-sales-n873416

Supreme Court rules states can require online retailers to collect sales tax!

Comments

• Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Linky no worky [:(]
  • sammashsammash Member Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Politicians never look for a way to reduce taxes and save their constituents money.....they only want more money for the government that's already bleeding money like a stuck pig
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    Linky no worky [:(]

It works now and thanks for the heads up!

serf
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What can you expect from a tyranny worshiping unconstitutional totalitarian government.
    Is anyone really surprised?
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    more taxes will be dreamed up to import/support the millions who want freebies ....bet you will be stunned by the creative ideas to part middle america from their earnings
    edited November -1
    It's The supreme court that rules the country and steals state rights and President Trump was all for it! He also said take their guns first and litigate later!

Wake Up!

serf
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    This must be part of MAGA.......
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we knew it was going to happen too many business and states crying for years they were loose out on sales and of course millions in taxes as people buy out of state to save money on voiding the taxes
    I know when I would buy on line if the price and shipping were the same or close the tax would be the tipping point on where I ordered from just like millions of other's do
    it will put a dent in sales and the shippers will loose out like fedex UPS and the USPS

as stated above by other's they can not wait to get there greedy hands on more money to waste ,, JMHO odds are it will go to support the illegals and free ride voters
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I ran into this problem back in the eighties with the Franklin Mint.

They had a '67 VW Bug that I wanted. They wanted to charge me sales tax. Knowing those basterds wouldn't send it to the state, I didn't pay it. I sent them a PMO for the amount listed minus the state sales tax and told them if that wasn't good enough, send my money back.

The VW Bug arrived about two weeks later.

I just won't pay online for anything. I'll pay by snailmail with the same deal. Take it or leave it.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The shame is those who have saved and scrimped to have a nice comfortable retirement will be less comfortable due to the theft of their money to fund others who partied and squandered all their dough
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    The shame is those who have saved and scrimped to have a nice comfortable retirement will be less comfortable due to the theft of their money to fund others who partied and squandered all their dough

And the federal /state governments giving out handouts to all the illegals people and other deadbeat parents. They the state thinks it needs more children to be raised, feed and educated at the taxpayer's expense. It's a lie.

There is not going to be any semi-skilled or skilled work left soon in this country! You will have to live on state handouts and they know it! They just need to dumb down the voters some more to bring in The NWO government by a so-called democracy of free elections controlled by the elites!

Firearms will be next as soon as they open the curtains and tell you like it is and always will be from now on! The United Nations World Governments controlled by corporations and oligarchic illuminists.

serf
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The more money "the system" gets the more money it NEEDS. When times change and people progress to doing things a new or different way it almost always leads to a tax of some kind. We will never see a time when any part of our government says "no" to collecting money.

This will be a nightmare for websites because each place has it's own tax rate. We just sorted out my mess this year. I've been going all this time collecting SALES tax...but little did I know that I fall into a police jurisdiction where I was supposed to collect an additional 1% tax on my sales. If you toss a rock in any direction it falls outside this police jurisdiction.....so its not something I thought had anything to do with my sales.

1% seems like no big deal.....but take 13 years of sales and 1% adds up!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Supreme court will not flip on the second. Trump will ge tanother pick before his two terms are over maybe 2
  • jetmekjetmek Member Posts: 250
    edited November -1
    Screw York has been trying to get this for years....Its theft pure and simple I know guys in the same business as me who vend at auto shows out of state and get a surprise when the state they set up in (Hershey PA) nailed him with a tax bill for estimated sales..They just pulled a number outta their * and said you owe us sales tax on what we think you sold amazing!
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually we have always been obligated to pay state sales tax on anything we bought online or anything we sold at a garage sale or gun show etc.
    When you buy that gun from Locust Fork she ships it from Bama to say Idaho she is not obligated to collect it but you are obligated to send in the amount to the state.
    No one does it but this new law changes how the tax will be collected not a new tax at all.
    Locust Fork will then be obligated to collect tax for every state she sells to and send each state that collected money.

Let me just say this. there should be no real estate tax on your primary residence and there should be no state or federal income tax.
    We pay around 40% of our income to various taxes.

Remember, we started a revolution over a 2% tax.
    We are puzzies today
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • jetmekjetmek Member Posts: 250
    edited November -1
    On the money! figure out all the taxes and fees you give up on any given day and its astounding how much of your income goes to government over the course of a year.
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    Actually we have always been obligated to pay state sales tax on anything we bought online or anything we sold at a garage sale or gun show etc.
    When you buy that gun from Locust Fork she ships it from Bama to say Idaho she is not obligated to collect it but you are obligated to send in the amount to the state.
    No one does it but this new law changes how the tax will be collected not a new tax at all.
    Locust Fork will then be obligated to collect tax for every state she sells to and send each state that collected money.

Let me just say this. there should be no real estate tax on your primary residence and there should be no state or federal income tax.

We are puzzies today
    edited November -1

We are puzzies today

We left the old countries in Europe to escape the all-encompassing authority of Kingship and now we have it here as well. Taxes and fees everywhere because of the value of the dollar and the greed of affluent super-pacs and lobbyist buying the two party system votes with the lap dog congress giving them all they want with massive federal debt.

The federal reserve and the banking system with Keynesian money theory is nothing but theft by legalization bought by Lobbyist and super-pacs. And now Congress has destroyed the middle class here in The USA and it's only a matter of time before we are all serfs in this once great country that we the people had and fought and died for in the past.

serf
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Death and taxes for certain...
    "What is truth?'
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

We are puzzies today

We left the old countries in Europe to escape the all-encompassing authority of Kingship and now we have it here as well. Taxes and fees everywhere because of the value of the dollar and the greed of affluent super-pacs and lobbyist buying the two party system votes with the lap dog congress giving them all they want with massive federal debt.

The federal reserve and the banking system with Keynesian money theory is nothing but theft by legalization bought by Lobbyist and super-pacs. And now Congress has destroyed the middle class here in The USA and it's only a matter of time before we are all serfs in this once great country that we the people had and fought and died for in the past.

serf

Yo, Chicken-little:

As the Wolfam states, this legislation will provide a path to enforce State Tax Law. If a state chooses to not tax interstate internet sales, there is not requirement that such taxes be collected.

While I do not believe it is really a Federal issue, it is not a tax mandate by the Federal Government. It is legislation telling the states that if they want to collect taxes on interstate internet sales, we will help you.

Federal assistance to empower local government is all this is. If you don't like it, take it up with your state house.

Very similar to the marijuana debate. Federal de-regulation in no way mandates that the individual states de-regulate pot, just as this legislation would in no way mandate that states impose these taxes.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

We are puzzies today

serf

Yo, Chicken-little:

As the Wolfam states, this legislation will provide a path to enforce State Tax Law. If a state chooses to not tax interstate internet sales, there is not requirement that such taxes be collected.

While I do not believe it is really a Federal issue, it is not a tax mandate by the Federal Government. It is legislation telling the states that if they want to collect taxes on interstate internet sales, we will help you.

Federal assistance to empower local government is all this is. If you don't like it, take it up with your state house.

Very similar to the marijuana debate. Federal de-regulation in no way mandates that the individual states de-regulate pot, just as this legislation would in no way mandate that states impose these taxes.

It's all rigged doublespeak with a forked tongue from you. If all the states are going broke and the federal government courts steps out of the way and make it possible to collect then I don't give a damn what you call it Sir!

You can legitimatize all you want for it's still a new tax on The US citizens and President Trump was all for it! The supreme court opened the door for collection and I bet you most will collect!

The Republican party is no friend to working class in this instance. Beleive it or not! The second amendment will be next!Just by reading the last brief brought by The Supreme court! They can rule and it will be the ultimate law over the land.

serf
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems to apply to internet 'retailers.'

Therefore, it should not impact those who list their personal property for sale on various internet auction/listing sites.

==================
    us55....+1.
    the little guy may win afterall. just like the old days on www.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't mind paying some taxes if the government didn't mismanage it so poorly. They overpay for EVERYTHING. one should not get independently wealthy from a government contract.
  • hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So as an online retailer I'll have to collect their
    1. State Sales Tax
    2. County Sales Tax
    3. City Sales Tax
    4. Any other local Tax
    And then send it to the State, County, City,and Etc... they reside in.
    Just how an I to known all this fun stuff.

And reporting on our Tax returns is going to be fun-fun-fun.
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
    edited November -1

We are puzzies today

serf

Yo, Chicken-little:

It's all rigged doublespeak with a forked tongue from you. If all the states are going broke and the federal government courts steps out of the way and make it possible to collect then I don't give a damn what you call it Sir!

You can legitimatize all you want for it's still a new tax on The US citizens and President Trump was all for it! The supreme court opened the door for collection and I bet you most will collect!

The Republican party is no friend to working class in this instance. Beleive it or not! The second amendment will be next!Just by reading the last brief brought by The Supreme court! They can rule and it will be the ultimate law over the land.

serf

Oh poppycock.

In the days of our founding, the borders of the individual states meant something, and many of us wish they still did. Currently most states have laws on the books that interstate purchases are to be taxed, and it is the responsibility of the recipient to comply. Oddly, most of those recipients do not comply, yet they are content to leave the laws on the books. In many cases, including companies that have a physical presence in the state, and in the case of firearm transfers, the state sales tax is collected because the state has leverage. I pay sales tax on interstate firearms purchases because it is the law that the receiving FFL collect it. The state has leverage in these cases.

Currently, if one purchases a gas powered blender on the internet from Cabelas (for example) one pays sales tax. If one purchases it from a private vendor, one does not pay sales tax. This Federal legislation will provide a mechanism whereby the state can collect sales tax on an item delivered by UPS in the same manner as it does for an item delivered by Old Dominion.

No double speak, and it is not a new tax. It is the citizens of the individual states, through the representatives, being provided a means by which they can collect the taxes they already have stated they want to collect. Any state can opt out and not enforce the taxes, so, as stated earlier: If you have a problem with this, take it up with your state house. The Feds are only doing what the individual states have requested. You obviously understand that there is no money in this for the Federal Government. The old adage of 'Follow the Money' applies, and the path leads to your state capital, not POTUS or SCOTUS.

Brad Steele
  • cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There goes your big Federal tax rebate. We need more conservative justices who will screw the public.
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by serf
    Originally posted by Don McManus
    Originally posted by Wulfmann
    [black]Actually we have always been obligated to pay state sales t Any state can opt out and not enforce the taxes, so, as stated earlier: If you have a problem with this, take it up with your state house.

So all of this is/was just a state problem and The The Ruling was just a formality to give back state rights to we the people.

POPPYCOCK!
    It's about taxing the public from another created source and take the pressure off the Federal government to giving funds to the states and spend those savings of money on pork barrel politics.

They sure the hell are not going to pay down The Federal debt with any windfall revenue any time soon!~

Ain't no state going to give up a huge tax stream of free money, hell will freeze over first.

serf
    edited November -1
    [black]Actually we have always been obligated to pay state sales t Any state can opt out and not enforce the taxes, so, as stated earlier: If you have a problem with this, take it up with your state house.

So all of this is/was just a state problem and The The Ruling was just a formality to give back state rights to we the people.

POPPYCOCK!
    It's about taxing the public from another created source and take the pressure off the Federal government to giving funds to the states and spend those savings of money on pork barrel politics.

They sure the hell are not going to pay down The Federal debt with any windfall revenue any time soon!~

Ain't no state going to give up a huge tax stream of free money, hell will freeze over first.

serf

Umm, you do realize there is no Federal taxation involved in this at all, do you not? I really don?t see where the federal debt comes into play, though it makes for a nice but totally meaningless sound bite.

Only someone who has internalized their serfdom feel helpless in this matter. Go to you state rep and and make your case. If your state has an initiative program, get off you keyboard and make you case to you fellow citizens.

Or I guess you could sit back and yell false and misleading diatribes into the wind.

Your choice.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1

POPPYCOCK!

serf

Umm, you do realize there is no Federal taxation involved in this at all, do you not? I really don?t see where the federal debt comes into play, though it makes for a nice but totally meaningless sound bite.

Only someone who has internalized their serfdom feel helpless in this matter. Go to you state rep and and make your case. If your state has an initiative program, get off you keyboard and make you case to you fellow citizens.

Or I guess you could sit back and yell false and misleading diatribes into the wind.

Your choice.

It was a road-block set up by the feds to be unable to enforce state tax collection over the internet across state lines.

No one has a choice anymore because it was A Federal power regulating it. And your silly rebuttals and beating around the bush is a diatribe b.s. Anybody with common sense can see it a new tax stream for the states because the US Government is going broke and cannot afford to give the people tax-free commernce anymore.

The power to tax & set fees is the most insidious power over the people that has been usurped by our so our called government of power, That represents not we the people anymore. It has become a all-consuming monster of obtuse rhetoric with subterfuge to control us in to slavery with The NWO.

serf
    edited November -1
    Please describe this road-block that is being removed, serf.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    26 billion a year for the states that are taken from hardworking Americans so the federal reserve can sell us some more debt for Congress to squander on pork barrel politics! What a joke! They will never pay down the debt.

serf

https://www.wired.com/story/why-the-supreme-court-sales-tax-ruling-may-benefit-amazon/?mbid=nl_062218_daily_list_p

A different report by the National Conference of State Legislatures and the International Council of Shopping Centers put the figure at $26 billion.
    edited November -1
    Please describe this road-block that is being removed, serf.

Don't have to! Just go check on the case log on the subject and Ascertain what was happening before this last ruling. Now if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck then looks like a duck guess what it's a damn duck!

Any law jargon you can point to is just smoke and mirrors to have the cake and eat it too! There is more ways than one to skin a cat especially when you make the laws and then interpret them at The Supreme Court level with no recourse unless it's brute force.

serf
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    26 billion a year for the states that are taken from hardworking Americans so the federal reserve can sell us some more debt for Congress to squander on pork barrel politics! What a joke! They will never pay down the debt.

serf

https://www.wired.com/story/why-the-supreme-court-sales-tax-ruling-may-benefit-amazon/?mbid=nl_062218_daily_list_p

A different report by the National Conference of State Legislatures and the International Council of Shopping Centers put the figure at $26 billion.

Go for it, serf.

You tell them !

PHASE DETAILS FOR - SUNDAY, JUNE 24, 2018
    Phase: Waxing Gibbous
    Illumination: 87%
    Moon Age: 11.36 days
    Moon Angle: 0.51
    Moon Distance: 393,004.86 km
    Sun Angle: 0.52
    Sun Distance: 152,062,745.97 km

Enjoy the herd mentality! Maybe you will see the light one day But I doubt it! But in your case I afraid to tell you but Heck even a broken clock like you is right two times a 24 hour period.[:D]

serf