.

Really need to get them out of Afganistan

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited November 2019 in Politics
quote:Huling's death was originally reported by the International Security Assistance Force, which characterized it as the result of gunshot wounds inflicted by an individual wearing an Afghan National Army uniform.

I'm getting 2-3 of these notices each day From DoD.
«13456710

Comments

  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 30,965 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pull our troops and NUKE the whole country into a glass lined parking lot that glows in the dark.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 15,419 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It disgusts me to see those commercials for the "Wounded Warriors Project". All those young men whose lives were changed forever in that hell hole, coming home missing arms, legs, hands, suffering brain damage, loss of vision and other horrors, all for what??? For a dirtball, flea infested, backwards country full of people all too happy to take U.S. taxpayers money and return the favor with hatred and violence. I don't understand how our government can pour millions of dollars down that sewer pipe called Afghanistan and expect us to believe its in our national interest to do so. We need to get the hell out of there and stop putting young American lives in harms way for goals that are impossible to achieve. Those scumbags in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq hate the USA and nothing is going to change that.
  • DirtyDawgDirtyDawg Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kipling had it right......

    "East is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet"

    Our culture and that of the "middle" east can and never will be alike. When "friendly" troops from our host country are regularly killing out troops its time to get the hell out of there.

    They will still be using donkeys for transportation a hundred years from now just like they were 500 years ago. They should stay on their side of the planet, and we will stay on our side except when they attack us and then we will send the drones and B-52s.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,613 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161
    It disgusts me to see those commercials for the "Wounded Warriors Project". All those young men whose lives were changed forever in that hell hole, coming home missing arms, legs, hands, suffering brain damage, loss of vision and other horrors, all for what??? For a dirtball, flea infested, backwards country full of people all too happy to take U.S. taxpayers money and return the favor with hatred and violence. I don't understand how our government can pour millions of dollars down that sewer pipe called Afghanistan and expect us to believe its in our national interest to do so. We need to get the hell out of there and stop putting young American lives in harms way for goals that are impossible to achieve. Those scumbags in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq hate the USA and nothing is going to change that.


    We have our leading democratic and republican politicians to thank for that. [:(!]
    What's next?
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,821
    edited November -1
    The Bankers say we will be staying till at least 2021. It's been said before. Vote Ron Paul.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Pull our troops and NUKE the whole country into a glass lined parking lot that glows in the dark.



    Billions of dollars in opium a year and you think they should nuke it? Never happen, too much untraceable money to be made.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:DOD Identifies Army Casualty



    The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    Staff Sgt. Thomas K. Fogarty, 30, of Alameda, Calif., died May 6, in Ahmad-Kheyl, Afghanistan, from injuries sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion (Airborne), 509th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska.


    As I said daily I get these messages. This was in my E-mail box this morning.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 38,925
    edited November -1
    i suspect our military involvement in septic systems around the world is a tacit PAYBACK on our stupid incurred debt to china...they are coming in these countries and snapping up the natural resources WITHOUT expending any money or lives......
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    You know, when we pulled the plug on the South Vietnamese in 1975 I felt bad for them. When we finally pull the plug on the Afghanis and leave them to happily blow each other up, I will raise a toast. Next time we need to intervene because they were hosting bad guys, I say we just carpet bomb the country for ten years. Not a single boot needs to get dirty.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    95% of the world's opium still comes from Afganistan. We've sure made a big difference.

    Neal
  • B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got one over there right now. It is more dangerous now than in his other 7 visits.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Well just got another.

    quote:DOD Identifies Army Casualties



    The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    They died May 2 in Logar province, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained when insurgents attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 7th Engineer Battalion, 10th Sustainment Brigade, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.

    Killed were:

    2nd Lt. David E. Rylander, 23, of Stow, Ohio.

    Spc. Junot M. L. Cochilus, 34, of Charlotte, N.C.


    By the way these notices are not sent to me till the Family has already been informed. I get them because of the PGR.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,593 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What an epic waste....
  • DammitboyDammitboy Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by River Rat
    Next time we need to intervene because they were hosting bad guys, I say we just carpet bomb the country for ten years. Not a single boot needs to get dirty.


    Exactly, no more nation building in the middle east! Bomb them back to the sand age and rinse and repeat as required.

    And while we're at it, why don't we close half of the 1000 overseas military bases we don't need?
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Daily.


    quote:DOD Identifies Army Casualties



    The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of three soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    They died May 7, in Ghazni province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.

    Killed were:

    Sgt. Jacob M. Schwallie, 22, of Clarksville, Tenn.

    Spc. Chase S. Marta, 24, of Chico, Calif.

    Pfc. Dustin D. Gross, 19, of Jeffersonville, Ky.


    Heard thru different channels there should be one coming for the Marines.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 15,419 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    Daily.


    quote:DOD Identifies Army Casualties



    The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of three soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    They died May 7, in Ghazni province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.

    Killed were:

    Sgt. Jacob M. Schwallie, 22, of Clarksville, Tenn.

    Spc. Chase S. Marta, 24, of Chico, Calif.

    Pfc. Dustin D. Gross, 19, of Jeffersonville, Ky.


    Heard thru different channels there should be one coming for the Marines.


    22, 24 and 19 years old...what a terrible waste of young lives. What the hell is wrong with our government??? I wonder if Bill and Hillary Clinton had a son, would they send their kid to fight and die in that craphole? What about Obamma? Bush? Cheney? Rumsfeld? Would any high level government official allow their kid to get blown up in Afghanistan? As long as its someone else's kids doing the fighting and dying, its ok.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,820 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Soviets tried it for years, and they were possibly a bit more 'brutal' than us.

    Yes,....I know we were arming the opposition at the time, but I really don't think the outcome would have been any different.

    These folks have NO desire to advance beyond the stone age, other than certain leaders with something to gain monetarily.

    I was totally in favor of huge air strikes to eliminate the Taliban 'allowed' training camps.

    At this point I would bring them all back home, and leave a warning note for the Afghans.

    Allow training camps to exist again, and we will use tactical nukes.
    Beyond that,......I don't give a rat's * about Afghanistan.

    It's long past time for our troops to stop losing lives, and limbs for the equivalent of cavemen, and drug cartels.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    Daily.


    quote:DOD Identifies Army Casualties



    The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of three soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    They died May 7, in Ghazni province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.

    Killed were:

    Sgt. Jacob M. Schwallie, 22, of Clarksville, Tenn.

    Spc. Chase S. Marta, 24, of Chico, Calif.

    Pfc. Dustin D. Gross, 19, of Jeffersonville, Ky.


    Heard thru different channels there should be one coming for the Marines.


    22, 24 and 19 years old...what a terrible waste of young lives. What the hell is wrong with our government??? I wonder if Bill and Hillary Clinton had a son, would they send their kid to fight and die in that craphole? What about Obamma? Bush? Cheney? Rumsfeld? Would any high level government official allow their kid to get blown up in Afghanistan? As long as its someone else's kids doing the fighting and dying, its ok.


    Only real on I found.

    quote:Senator John McCain (R- AZ)
    Son is a U.S. Marine serving in Iraq War.

    Its an old statement.
  • capguncapgun Member Posts: 1,848
    edited November -1
    We all seem to agree, but the last poll I saw showed 40% of the people still felt we need to be there. And I bet McCain is one of them.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    One of the other affects of these deployments.

    quote:Army Releases April Suicide Data



    The Army released suicide data today for the month of April. During April, among active-duty soldiers, there were 14 potential suicides: two have been confirmed as suicides and 12 remain under investigation. For March, the Army reported 18 potential suicides among active-duty soldiers. Since the release of that report, 12 have been confirmed as suicides and six remain under investigation. For 2012, there have been 61 potential active-duty suicides: 35 have been confirmed as suicides and 26 remain under investigation. Active-duty suicide numbers for 2011: 164 (164 have been confirmed as suicides and none remain under investigation).

    During April, among reserve component soldiers who were not on active duty, there were 13 potential suicides (five Army National Guard and eight Army Reserve): two have been confirmed as suicide and 11 remain under investigation. For March, among that same group, the Army reported 10 potential suicides (seven Army National Guard and three Army Reserve). Since the release of that report, six have been confirmed as suicides and four remain under investigation. For 2012, there have been 34 potential not on active duty suicides (22 Army National Guard and 12 Army Reserve): 18 have been confirmed as suicides and 16 remain under investigation. Updated not on active duty suicide numbers for 2011: 118 (82 Army National Guard and 36 Army Reserve); 118 have been confirmed as suicides and none remain under investigation.

    "The Army's ability and commitment to care for our nation's greatest treasure -- America's sons and daughters -- is the bedrock of our nation's trust in our Army. A key component of our commitment to maintaining this trust is our ongoing effort to reduce the stigma of seeking help when needed. By achieving a cultural change that encourages help-seeking behaviors, we will be postured to more effectively combat suicide within our ranks," said Brig. Gen. Barrye L. Price, director, human resources policy, Army G-1.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    At least its been quite for a few days. But they are now back at it.


    quote:DOD Identifies Army Casualty



    The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    1st Lt. Alejo R. Thompson, 30, of Yuma, Ariz., died May 11 in Bagram, Afghanistan, when enemy forces attacked his unit with small-arms fire. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 12th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Carson, Colo
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its not only shameful these pointless wars.

    The waste of energy resources. The EPA should sue DOD for carbon emissions.

    The ruined lives of soldiers and families is truly crimninal. These government warmongers should be held accountable.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:DOD Identifies Marine Casualty



    The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    Sgt. Wade D. Wilson, 22, of Normangee, Texas, died May 11 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    They are making up for a quite weekend.

    quote:DOD Identifies Army Casualty



    The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    Spc. Alex Hernandez III, 21, of Round Rock, Texas, died May 12, in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

    Hernandez was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 25th Aviation Regiment, 25th Combat Aviation Brigade, 25th Infantry Division, Wheeler Army Airfield, Hawaii.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:DOD Identifies Army Casualties



    The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    They died May 13, in Bowri Tana, Afghanistan, when the enemy attacked their vehicle with an improvised explosive device. The soldiers were assigned to the 425th Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska.

    Killed were:

    Sgt. Brian L. Walker, 25, of Lucerne Valley, Calif., and

    Pfc. Richard L. McNulty III, 22, Rolla, Mo.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:DOD Identifies Army Casualty



    The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    Staff Sgt. Israel P. Nuanes, 38, of Las Cruces, N.M., died May 12, in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained during an enemy attack with an improvised explosive device.

    Nuanes was assigned to 741st Ordnance Company, Fort Bliss, Texas, part of the 84th Ordnance Battalion, 71st Ordnance Group.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    So how many hear of these Casualties except on here.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,836 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    So how many hear of these Casualties except on here.


    I only hear of those from my and adjoining states, grumpygy, in the paper and on local and national news.

    Thank you for keeping this thread going.

    We do need to bring them home now, and alive.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

    Brad Steele
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Have not stopped posting the Casualties. Its just been a very good couple of days so far and we have none. Thankfully.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Well they are back at it.


    quote:DOD Identifies Army Casualties



    The Department of Defense announced today the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    They died May 18, in Asadabad, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with an indirect fire. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion (Air Assault), 377th Field Artillery Regiment, 17th Fires Brigade, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.

    Killed were:

    Sgt. Michael J. Knapp, 28, of Overland Park, Kan., and

    Sgt. Jabraun S. Knox, 23, of Fort Wayne, Ind.
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    quote:Huling's death was originally reported by the International Security Assistance Force, which characterized it as the result of gunshot wounds inflicted by an individual wearing an Afghan National Army uniform.

    I'm getting 2-3 of these notices each day From DoD.
    2-3 death notices a day is a crying shame and a reflection on American politics.

    conflict after conflict in undeclared wars the tears of the parents and loved one abound, and for what?
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:DOD Identifies Army Casualties



    The Department of Defense announced today the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    They died May 20, in Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 168th Brigade Support Battalion, 214th Fires Brigade, Fort Sill, Okla.

    Killed were:

    Capt. Jesse A. Ozbat, 28, of, Prince George, Va., and

    2nd Lt. Tobias C. Alexander, 30, of Lawton, Okla.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:DOD Identifies Army Casualty



    The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

    Spc. Samuel T. Watts, 20, of Wheaton, Ill., died May 19, in Bethesda, Md., of wounds sustained April 25, in Zharay, Afghanistan, when he was attacked with an enemy improvised explosive device.

    Watts was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.
  • DirtyDawgDirtyDawg Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own a carwash on a major thoroughfare in my community. About 6 years ago I initiated the formation of a Blue Star Moms chapter in my area. I have a large sign with billboard space that I announce special events.

    I'm thinking I should designate one side of my sign to say:

    # of U.S. Soldiers Killed last week
    XX

    And then update it every Sunday. Thoughts?? Is there anyway I could get added to the PGR announcement list?? Or, would someone sum and e-mail this to me each week??

    Thoughts?? Only trying to notify the sheep....maybe some day they will wake up.
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DirtyDawg
    I own a carwash on a major thoroughfare in my community. About 6 years ago I initiated the formation of a Blue Star Moms chapter in my area. I have a large sign with billboard space that I announce special events.

    I'm thinking I should designate one side of my sign to say:

    # of U.S. Soldiers Killed last week
    XX

    And then update it every Sunday. Thoughts?? Is there anyway I could get added to the PGR announcement list?? Or, would someone sum and e-mail this to me each week??

    Thoughts?? Only trying to notify the sheep....maybe some day they will wake up.
    http://www.defense.gov/news/casualty.pdf


    http://www.defense.gov/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=15300



    U.S. Department of Defense Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs) News Release
    On the Web:
    http://www.defense.gov/Releases/Release.aspx?ReleaseID=15300

    Media contact: +1 (703) 697-5131/697-5132

    Public contact:
    http://www.defense.gov/landing/comment.aspx
    or +1 (703) 571-3343



    May God rest their souls and Americans wake from their slumber.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    I get mine thru the DOD List listed above. It comes out as an e-mail with each and every one.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:# of U.S. Soldiers Serviceman Killed last week


    Sorry but Soldiers says Army. Serviceman says all Branches.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Thought on this over night not sure it would be good to show KIA's on a board for Blue Star Moms.
Sign In or Register to comment.