In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

the Donald

Comments

• riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    everyone predicted it would happen
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You Hillary supporters get all giddy when something like this happens don't you?
  • milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm about as far from being a Hillary supporter as you can get.

That said, Trump can't keep running off at the mouth and kicking sand in other GOP hopefuls faces and not expect conservatives to get fed up with his antics at some point.

When Donald Trump insults the GOP candidate I support, I feel like he
    is by default, insulting me.
    Disagree with the other guys and debate them but show some class.

I hope one of the other hopefuls is nominated but in the event Trump is nominated, I'll hold my nose and vote for him.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not unexpected when BOTH parties are trying to disappear him who would upset their apple cart$
  • M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    Haters gonna hate.
  • beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    not unexpected when BOTH parties are trying to disappear him who would upset their apple cart$

Both parties and the media wants him to disappear. I hope he doesn't.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    When I saw that Oprah video of him 25 years ago, I wanted him to win.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have two problems with him. Exemplified in the last debate was one.

How will you deport millions of illegals Mr. Trump? We have nowhere near the manpower to do that. It would cost hundreds of billions.

No answer. Just "I'll do it!"

Yeah I agree in principle of course, but until he has solid plans on HOW to do stuff, I look at him much like I did Obama- all rhetoric and no plans.

Second, I DO want someone who would stand up to international bullies... but there is a fine line between Roosevelt-esque and Reagan-esque diplomacy of being tough but diplomatic, and just being a loud mouthed bully. I rather think Trump is the latter.

For these reasons my picks in order would be Cruz, Carson, Fiorina, Trump. Of the remaining pack I'd have to hold my nose to vote for any of them. Don't get me wrong, I'd vote for any of the above over Hillary or whoever, but if we get into the Bushes and Christies becoming the candidate, I don't know as I can hold my nose. I used to, but 8 years of Bush and losses by McCain and Romney, mushy moderates they are, convinced me I won't again.
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I keep hearing it would cost "hundreds of billions" to deport the illegals.

Could someone please explain how that number was arrived at? If I use the lowest 'hundreds of billions', that is 200 billion.

Divided among 11 million illegals, that is a cost of over $18,000 per illegal.

How was this number calculated?
  • TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't imagine this egotistical,
    silver spoon, never worked a day,
    Blowhard, with the "codes".

If elected, could you see this mutt putting
    all his dough in a blind trust.?..outta HIS
    control.

GOP has become a gag.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

Could someone please explain how that number was arrived at? If I use the lowest 'hundreds of billions', that is 200 billion.

Nobody mentions how many billions of dollars will be saved in welfare and medical by getting rid of these leaches on society.
  • milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag

Nobody mentions how many billions of dollars will be saved in welfare and medical by getting rid of these leaches on society.

Simple, That number was derived using Common Core Math,Smoke & Mirrors and the liberal press who's job is to make sure we never see the man behind the curtain.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    for 18k each to deport , I am sure the locals would round up and personally drive them to the border . Hell I would take a contract and buy a couple busses ,
  • NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    sounds so damn simple and quick , now tell me smart man with a bus who are you going to send a bill too and expect to collect /be paid.
    the Govn. ,the state bawahahahahahahahaha[:D]quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    for 18k each to deport , I am sure the locals would round up and personally drive them to the border . Hell I would take a contract and buy a couple busses ,
  • KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Even at 10x that amount it would save us $$$. Considering that Obama spent TRILLIONS to make more leeches I would be strangely comfortable with us spending billions to get rid of some.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOAH
    sounds so damn simple and quick , now tell me smart man with a bus who are you going to send a bill too and expect to collect /be paid.
    the Govn. ,the state bawahahahahahahahaha[:D]quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner

Using that 'logic', since there is no one to send a bill to, I suppose that means the deportation would be free no matter who did it. Problem solved.

I am not sure why anyone would be opposed to enforcement of the immigration laws of the country, but it sure seems some are.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if 18k is the magic number than so be it, they get that in welfare and medical in a single year , makes it a no brainer at even 2x that amount

edit: would create more "shovel ready" jobs than obomo did
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    The cost estimate is 400-600 billion.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/03/the-conservative-case-against-enforcing-immigration-laws/387004/

Hmmmm, round up a group of people who a political party blames for the country's problems? Where have I seen this before?
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry I left off the green font
    we all know it will never happen .
    we are about to import more from the mid east , bring in more voters and free rides .

quote:Originally posted by NOAH
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/03/the-conservative-case-against-enforcing-immigration-laws/387004/

Hmmmm, round up a group of people who a political party blames for the country's problems? Where have I seen this before?

huge difference

jews where hardworking members of society and under a different regime with an entirely different agenda , not teet sucking criminals like we are dealing with
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

huge difference

jews where hardworking members of society and under a different regime with an entirely different agenda , not teet sucking criminals like we are dealing with

You mean the same group of people Alabama pushed out with its immigrant policies...that lost the state's agriculture sector millions? Or, how about the same group which makes food here so affordable because they're willing to do the jobs "citizens" aren't?

So, no difference.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

huge difference

You mean the same group of people Alabama pushed out with its immigrant policies...that lost the state's agriculture sector millions? Or, how about the same group which makes food here so affordable because they're willing to do the jobs "citizens" aren't?

So, no difference.

Prove it.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Step back and look at the "BIG" Picture it's all of the outsiders that are leading in the polls, not the establishment. They are all going to slip and slide up and down.

"Art of the Deal" If you win Mr.Trump take your current top 5 in the field and put them in key positions.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Being sent to Mexico is equivalent to being sent to the showers at Dachau?
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

Sounds stupid, doesn't it?
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You can't have a logical back and forth with an idiot Rack.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1

Yes, because the public and people on the trains were told they we're being sent to death camps.

Nice to see the GB Group supports a police state. I guess that's progress.

And, Trump, president? Hell, viable candidate? I must learn what stings the people supporting him ingest. Whatever makes someone that delusional must be a fun trip.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

You can't have a logical back and forth with an idiot Rack.

+1,000,000,000

not worth risking carpal tunnel
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yes, because the public and people on the trains were told they we're being sent to death camps.

Ok, just wanted to clarify that point.

This is my stop, time to hop off the crazy train!
    edited November -1
    Don't mind the Poo Flinger.

The article the little fella links to posts a number, and no methodology as to how it was calculated. But why let facts get in the way of some good ideological Poo.

Always good to show them they are appreciated.

applause.gif
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't wipe my rump with the Washington Post!
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
    edited November -1
    Don't mind the Poo Flinger.

The article the little fella links to posts a number, and no methodology as to how it was calculated. But why let facts get in the way of some good ideological Poo.

Actually, it does. Try reading. Thinking isn't your strong suit so you shouldn't do so much of it.
    edited November -1
    Since research and thought represent evil here, I present a direct link to a conservative think tank on the matter.

http://americanactionforum.org/research/the-budgetary-and-economic-costs-of-addressing-unauthorized-immigration-alt
    edited November -1
    An 'estimate' with a range of '(x)' to 3(x) should be considered laughable to anyone bright enough to fog a mirror.

I notice you aren't laughing....and the mirror is clear.

Fling.
    edited November -1
    Or, how about the same group which makes food here so affordable because they're willing to do the jobs "citizens" aren't?

So, no difference.

That's a big hot steamin' load of BS!!
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    following that logic then it would cost way to much to deport so many in govt OUT of washington dc........
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1

Progressive Democrat Woodrow Wilson had tens of thousands of US citizens arrested and jailed for no other reason than disagreeing with him.

Progressive Democrat Franklin Roosevelt had between 110,000 and 120,000 US citizens of Japanese descent rounded up and placed into internment camps.

I seriously doubt that it cost the Nazis $400-$600 billion to transport 6 million "undesirables" to camps; they seemed to have enough resources to perform the feat while fighting an all-out war on multiple fronts.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're not a lock step progressive republican, forget it.
    What's next?
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Government already spends that much on healthcare welfare and free schools for the kids per head per year.
  • Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    Seems every time you kick out an illegal the welfare goes away plus food cards plus health care, it would possibly be more than 18000 per soul. Don't see an expense problem maybe even a savings