In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

armed guy entered a church- UPDATE

TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
edited September 2015 in Politics
I heard tell of this incident, but only found mention of it on their small, area news outlets....

A guy named Rasheed Abdul Aziz walked in a small rural church armed with a pistol and decked out in camo clothing, helmet and body armor. He made some sort of threats toward the congregation, then left and was later located/arrested.

www.kltv.com/story/30020245/update-police-arrest-suspect-after-alleged-threats-against-east-texas-church

8790065_G.jpg

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rasheed Abdul Aziz: Maybe a muslim???

I didn't see body armor just a assult vest and Kpot helmet. Looks like he was armed with a Taurus 9mm pistol.

Guy looks like he is not enjoying himself in the back of the patrol car. Too bad someone didn't just shoot him.
    RLTW

• guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No virgins for him.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe he was doing what AQ and IS want the "faithful" to do, conduct lone wolf attacks against Christians in Europe and America.

They will know more once they get into his phone and computer, but I doubt there will be any news about it because it makes muzzies look bad.
    RLTW

• Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very surprised to see someone with a neck tattoo is a lowlife....
  • M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    A felon with a gun. Stolen gun perhaps? I am dismayed that nobody in a Texas church congregation decided to pop this pos! Is it possible that that there was not one person armed at this church? A Texas church?
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny, EVERY TIME I go to church, there is someone there that is armed.......think about it. [;)]
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Txs may be able to correct me on this, because it has been a long time since I was involved in the CHL program.

When I was teaching, churches were "off limits" to armed CHL holders. I never understood why; it just was.

So, it seemed to me, that if a CHL carrier can't be armed at church, then an unlicensed person could be, with the consent of the pastor or church board.

When I go to church, I am armed. I am pretty sure I am the only one, which is a shame.
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It varies by state. In NV, there is no prohibition to carrying open or concealed in a church. Churches are private property and are free to establish their own rules.
    But, it comes down to a basic principle: Concealed MEANS concealed. The topic never comes up for discussion. If I ever have to "unconceal" my gun in a church, it will be for VERY justifiable reasons. [;)]
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he had walked into my old Church back in Alabama they wouldn't have had to call for the cops or military. All they would need to do is send the coroner and a clean up crew. And maybe a sheetrock and siding man to repair the several hundred holes in the wall for the over penetration shots.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad no one in the church was hurt...
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    Funny, EVERY TIME I go to church, there is someone there that is armed.......think about it. [;)]

Hummm,,mine also..[?]
  • TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know for a fact that many of us are armed in our church.
    In fact, if I couldn't, I wouldn't go.

Same at our private school.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Glad no one in the church was hurt...

Sounds like he had a plan but fortunately lost his nerve.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been waiting for a story about an armed idiot walking in to a church and all the congergation unloads on them. I suppose the idiot getting arrested ain't bad.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    An updated news story on this from their local news media:

8794718_G.jpg

CHEROKEE COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -
    The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office has released details behind the arrest of man who made threats to a church, and told authorities that God told him to "slay infidels."

In a statement Monday, the sheriff's office says it received a call around 2:10 p.m. Sunday from the Corinth Church, located on Farm-to-Market Road 346 near Lake Palestine. The caller stated that a black male, wearing a camouflage helmet, camo pants, tactical vest and boots, entered the church with what appeared to be a pistol in his pocket.

Related: Police arrest suspect after alleged threats against East Texas church

The suspect was later identified as Rasheed Abdul Aziz, 40, of Jacksonville.

Aziz appeared to be distressed, the statement says, and told the congregation that he was a man of Islam, and that God had told him to "slay infidels." Several parishoners brought Aziz into a room away from others at the church while a member of the congregation called the sheriff's office.

Prior to deputies arriving on scene, Aziz left the church without incident, and headed northbound on FM 346 into Smith County, the sheriff's office says. Smith County Sheriff's Office was notified to keep a look out for the suspect, and deputies returned to the church several times throughout the evening to try and find the suspect, but to no avail.

Smith County deputies called Cherokee County around 8:20 p.m. to let them know Aziz was in custody, resulting from a call they responded to on Beautiful Hills Drive in Flint.

Aziz is charged with felon in possession of a firearm and is being held in the Smith County Jail. Additional charges are expected in Cherokee County in the next 24 hours.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and these radical types get into this country FREE and agitate locals to follow their s--t without any restrictions..
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But don't worry. The coming influx of folks like Good Ol' Rasheed will be Syrian 'refugees'....just trying to find a better life.
  • proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    15 minutes from me.
    I can't believe noone had a gun.[V]
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Anybody else recognize that AZIZ Name? Same as the DUNCE that killed the Sailors in the Marine recruiting office,Ain't it???
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    where i go my ccp,s goes.i have three,one for spring(.40S&W), one for summer(38spl) and one for fall and winter(45acp). mr myopic.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    ....He looks like the president,,
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    He cannot be "a man of Islam," since he mentioned that God had told him to kill infidels. Muslims worship "Allah," a completely different deity.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Txs may be able to correct me on this, because it has been a long time since I was involved in the CHL program.

When I was teaching, churches were "off limits" to armed CHL holders. I never understood why; it just was.

So, it seemed to me, that if a CHL carrier can't be armed at church, then an unlicensed person could be, with the consent of the pastor or church board.

When I go to church, I am armed. I am pretty sure I am the only one, which is a shame.
    Me too Nunn!.....
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Muslims commonly use the term God in this country.
    Yes, they do. They also use many other lies to further their misbegotten cause.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    Muslims commonly use the term God in this country.
    Yes, they do. They also use many other lies to further their misbegotten cause.

its no lie, a god is a god by any other name, it just may not be the same god you believe in

Zeus , rah, Osiris , there has only been over 2,000 different gods since recorded history
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Big G God is a title, not a name.

Little g god is a job description, not a title or a name.
    edited November -1
    1911a1-fan, the reference is a comparison between the God of Abraham and the pagan pre-Islamic Arabian moon god called Allah (who fits right into the same category as Zeus, Ra, Osiris, and the 2000-odd pagan gods of history).

It most certainly is a lie to claim that they are one and the same.

BTW, the reason why people like the clown in the OP take up Islam is because it pi$$es Whitey off. The majority have no clue about the historical facts surrounding the origin of Islam, and (like him) no doubt believe that "Allah" is just the Arab word for God.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two days from now he'll be on a tour of the White House.[}:)]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Supposedly, back in the 90's this same guy got himself jammed up in a quadruple murder/robbery down in Houston.
    edited November -1
    Irrelevant self-righteous scripture quotes notwithstanding, it is foolish to deny the fact that a deity who commands followers to murder or enslave non-believers and treat women like animals cannot be the same deity as the One who delivered the Ten Commandments and sent His Son as a sacrifice to humanity.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is foolish to engage in such disputations.

"Allah" is the term used in any Arabic New Testament today.

"Allah" is the term any Christian native Arabic speaker would have used 1000 years ago in reading Genesis 1:1.

There is no magic in the word "God", be it God, Gott, Bog, or Allah.

It is what meaning you have when you use whatever term you choose, that is the critical factor.

I kind of like the idea of having the privilege of using "Abba".

I guess that it comes as no surprise, rocklobster, that you should disagree. A shame that you deleted your post.

Romans 8:14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,.

You forget about Abraham kind'a like cutting down the Elm tree in secret societies.For God is I am that I am. The Light!And there is magic in light you just can't see it.

serf