In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rand Paul hits home run at CPAC

gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
edited March 2014 in Politics
Rand Paul won the strawpoll vote for his speech at the youthful CPAC meeting. Christie did well too. Paul is attracting more and more of the youth vote in his move for the 2016 election. He talked about broadning the reach of the party...as did Christie. I am liking him more and more....do you think he would make a good candidate in 2016?

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Christie would make a fine Fuehrer for the Republik of Amerika.
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Christie is a democrat.... Rand Paul I would get behind, Cruz I would get behind, Sarah, I like her but I don't. My instinct says she's not who she says she is in some weird way....
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paul will have my vote.

I'd like to see a Paul/Ryan ticket, but I can't see the GOP establishment allowing it to happen.
  • Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    IMO--Christie is a professional walking talking political charade
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    None of the above...
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    Rand Paul won the strawpoll vote for his speech at the youthful CPAC meeting. Christie did well too. Paul is attracting more and more of the youth vote in his move for the 2016 election. He talked about broadning the reach of the party...as did Christie. I am liking him more and more....do you think he would make a good candidate in 2016?

He is worth supporting if the balance of the GOP candidates remain the same.

I still think he should wait 4 years to become a more known quantity. He is pushing the right buttons now, and though he has had, IMO, a few mis-steps, remains committed to personal liberty and restrictions upon Government. With this philosophical basis, he is someone I could vote for, vs. voting against his opponent(s). A good thing, and one that we have not had for quite some time.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele