In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Florida Members Who Vote - Please Look

AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in Politics
Hello GB members - you have never seen me post about anything political before. But I do so now because it's important. If certain candidates are elected it doesn't bode well for Florida or our nation. Below is my letter to Mr. Walter Dartland (D)- a candidate for Representative In Congress District 2.

To: wdart35@gmail.com
Date: August 24, 2016 at 10:11 PM
Subject: Political Stance

Good evening Mr. Dartland:

I am a conservative democrat - no that is not an oxymoron - from northern Walton County - since the day I could register to vote and for the draft. If Mt. Penatubo couldn't cause the the dire things that Al Gore predicted "we" would cause - why do you believe "we" will? Yes - protection for Florida's first magnitude springs and stopping "fracking" is important - as is stopping the present algae problem in our estuaries. But "carbon license" that the UN wants is way over the top.

I am a retired teacher - teacher unions are the worst thing to ever happen to education. In the last three weeks I have encountered 20-somethings that can't tell time with an analog watch - read a tape measure in Systems International, much less Sterling - can't read cursive - and can't do the math to figure that $100 - $38 - $2 = $60 remaining. Talking with a group of retired elementary teachers that get together the second and forth Tuesdays at Hardee's - I learned that none of this is now taught in schools because of "no-child-left-behind".

Since you were a Major in the Marines you full well know that any full metal jacket center fire rifle cartridge will shoot completely through body armor and the person wearing it. Magazine capacity is irrelevant as you can quickly replace ten round magazines - at least I could when I shot in competition at Missions Trail Shooters Club. Three day waiting periods are more than enough. Barring a person from buying a firearm because they didn't fill out a passport application just perfectly or having a minor cannibus infraction (no - I have never used any) on their record is just plain wrong.

If your position on these matters should change before the 30th of August - then I would consider voting for you.

Regards - AdamsQuailHunter@comcast.net

The other is Mr. Patrick Murphy (D) - a candidate for United States Senator. If you go to his web site "https://secure.actblue.com" - the first thing you will find is that you are expected to make a contribution before you can enter the site. Why am I not surprised.

Please give some consideration to this. If you vote for them and things go south - no whining - you will have gotten what you voted for.

Best Regards - AdamsQuailHumter

Today - 10/03/2016 - I received a flyer from the NRA-ILA about Patrick Murphy. If you are a Florida NRA member hopefully you will have received yours or soon will. Please look it over carefully before you discard it. He is not someone we want to have as a senator - voting to confirm a new Supreme Court nominee!!!!!

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you vote (D) you are de facto voting for Marxists. There is no such thing as a "moderate democrat". there are only those that choose to not challenge their personal positions with logic and fact.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No worries concerning myself ever voting for a Democrat. There is a larger chance of my winning the lottery, and I do not purchase tickets.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Not a Floridian but am surprised you are surprised these D candidates are offering poor platforms.
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Florida is gonna be key this election- get out and vote for Trump and NOT the demonrats.
    You know the ones - They have ALL KINDS of protection but want to deny YOU the same.
    Deny the demonrats anything.
  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    How about the biggest Democrat of all...... Bill Posey?

[xx(]
  • AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello "minitruck83" I have looked my sample ballot over very carefully. The name "Bill Posey" does not appear in any place. Please enlighten us as to who this is. Best Regards - AQH
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AdamsQuailHunter
    Hello "minitruck83" I have looked my sample ballot over very carefully. The name "Bill Posey" does not appear in any place. Please enlighten us as to who this is. Best Regards - AQH

Probably not your district...

RINO Alert!
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    Not a Floridian but am surprised you are surprised these D candidates are offering poor platforms.
    +1 I thought everyone knew the democrats are clueless.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain