In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Arizona Happys

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Politics
...will Gov. Brewer sign the bill or veto it?

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    What a state of affairs when rights get established/debated for a class of folks that is defined based on an attraction for poking or being poked in the *.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    What a state of affairs when rights get established/debated for a class of folks that is defined based on an attraction for poking or being poked in the *.

Doesn't seem real, does it?
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My question is,why are they voting on it?..It is a crime against the natural order of procreation....
  • Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    For years and years the Happys stayed in their closet, actually they in general dared not to come out (you old guys know where Im coming from). They finally reached their goal of coming out, ok we live with it in our PC era let it be. No that is not enough now they want to ram their lifestyle down our throats (no pun)

Why in the hell do I have to accept the lifestyle they push, leave me alone and I will leave you alone, but don't push me because I firmly believe in my natural lifestyle and I will whenever the happy lifestyle crosses my path push back

I'm now at the point of feeling smothered by the Happies and their lifestyle. The battles over same sex marriage coupled with married benefits on and on, its always on the news along with the lib types kissing up to them. Enough is enough
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    She will veto it as it makes no economic sense actually. With the NFL, Apple, and other big corps watching carefully, really a nobrainer. Why make trouble IMO? Let sleepin' dogs lie[;)]
  • 8000fthi8000fthi Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She just vetoed it. Good! now I can set may bacon wrapped Hebrew hotdog stand outside a mosque.
    edited November -1
    Business decision....but not the "Natural Order"of life on the planet![:o)]
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    but can any business still refuse service to anyone???..or have they lost all their rights
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    why is the word "HAPPY(S)" being used ? i believe everyone who reads and posts here, even the younger folks understand what happy (G-A-Y) means.
  • jones0430jones0430 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What part of secular business is not understood?

If that law had passed, then a Muslim could have refused service to a Jew or Christian. A Jew could refuse to serve anyone who didn't observe Hasidim food laws.

I could refuse to serve Southern Baptists because they simply are anathema to my religious beliefs.

Do you REALLY NOT understand the anti-constitutional stand that was being taken?

I suppose the next thing that the Arizona legislature could contemplate is requiring all samesexuals to wear a pink triangle on their outer clothing.

And if you think that is a good idea, I strenuously advocate that you research the last group who instituted that. Then evaluate whether you should live here or in a nation more suited to your way of political thought, I would suggest Saudi Arabia or Iraq.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jones0430

If that law had passed, then a Muslim could have refused service to a Jew or Christian. A Jew could refuse to serve anyone who didn't observe Hasidim food laws.

I could refuse to serve Southern Baptists because they simply are anathema to my religious beliefs.

Do you REALLY NOT understand the anti-constitutional stand that was being taken?

I suppose the next thing that the Arizona legislature could contemplate is requiring all samesexuals to wear a pink triangle on their outer clothing.

And if you think that is a good idea, I strenuously advocate that you research the last group who instituted that. Then evaluate whether you should live here or in a nation more suited to your way of political thought, I would suggest Saudi Arabia or Iraq.

If a private buisness wishes to deny service they should be allowed. After all they are only hurting their own checkbook. In a free market economy people would be opening shops open to all and rake in money.

Service isn't a given and shouldn't be forced upon buisness.

Buisness should be allowed to discriminate and be judged accordingly.

Now if you want to talk about equal protections under the law. We have a different story.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mossbergboogie

If a private buisness wishes to deny service they should be allowed. After all they are only hurting their own checkbook. In a free market economy people would be opening shops open to all and rake in money.

Now if you want to talk about equal protections under the law. We have a different story.
    You are correct.

However, the Arizona law is intended to allow a business to discriminate and violate the equal protection clause.

This law could just as easily allow a Morman owned business to deny services to blacks.

In detail, the Arizona law was creating a special class of people with special rights. Something I would have thought would be opposed.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

You realize that the federal government DOES allow a business to REFUSE service to a customer with cash in hand.

The AFT permits a FFL holder to REFUSE to sell a firearm to ANY CUSTOMER.

And that is that.
    Yes, they do. However, if that FFL holder is brought to court and cannot produce a reasonable answer to why they refused, and couches it in language that shows they are discriminating because of political, racial, ethnic, religious, or other protected classing, they WILL lose their license.

There was a CHL instructor in Texas who made a statement in an ad that he would not pass anyone who voted for Obama. I believe that his license was revoked.
    edited November -1

You realize that the federal government DOES allow a business to REFUSE service to a customer with cash in hand.

The AFT permits a FFL holder to REFUSE to sell a firearm to ANY CUSTOMER.

And that is that.
    Yes, they do. However, if that FFL holder is brought to court and cannot produce a reasonable answer to why they refused, and couches it in language that shows they are discriminating because of political, racial, ethnic, religious, or other protected classing, they WILL lose their license.

There was a CHL instructor in Texas who made a statement in an ad that he would not pass anyone who voted for Obama. I believe that his license was revoked.
    Chic-F-Let did it,and got away with it! Smokers are discriminated on a daily basis...but its okay to pass gas in a restaurant...(fart)[:o)]
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHy make sexual preferences the issue. Tell the owner they are simply too busy to make the cake. Just make the cake and charge insane fees for doing it.

Shut up about it being a sex thing; comply with what laws you must, make a crap load of money doing it. Cake shops are NOT in business to make cakes or political stands, they are in business to make money. Shut up and make money.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You are correct.

However, the Arizona law is intended to allow a business to discriminate and violate the equal protection clause.

This law could just as easily allow a Morman owned business to deny services to blacks.

In detail, the Arizona law was creating a special class of people with special rights. Something I would have thought would be opposed.

That's the 2nd time recently you've wrote something false about the Mormons. If you want people to listen to what you have to say you probably should get your facts in order.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5

You are correct.

That's the 2nd time recently you've wrote something false about the Mormons. If you want people to listen to what you have to say you probably should get your facts in order.
    Notoriety,thats what he is looking for.....I bet he is a "Happy Black"[:o)][:o)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    WHy make sexual preferences the issue. Tell the owner they are simply too busy to make the cake. Just make the cake and charge insane fees for doing it.

Shut up about it being a sex thing; comply with what laws you must, make a crap load of money doing it. Cake shops are NOT in business to make cakes or political stands, they are in business to make money. Shut up and make money.

Exactly. Businessmen are in the business to make money. And open for everyone as per the Civil Rights Act. So just take their dough and go and quit making folks mad at conservatives at the very time we need MORE folks to vote with us in 2014 and 2016. Other like laws are coming up in other states like Kansas and Florida. Makes conservatives look dopey....get over it.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Conservatives are dopey. They are just in a different spectrum than the progressive libs who happen to be dopey too.

When fighting a battle it is best to avoid giving the enemy the club to beat you over the head with. If the cake shop would have said we can get your cake done in two weeks, that will be $4,000.00 cash in advance there would have been no issue, no club handed to the other side to cave your skull in with.

Instead they stand on a principle that has this nation divided. A stand bound to lose, as it should.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Conservatives are dopey. They are just in a different spectrum than the progressive libs who happen to be dopey too.

When fighting a battle it is best to avoid giving the enemy the club to beat you over the head with. If the cake shop would have said we can get your cake done in two weeks, that will be $4,000.00 cash in advance there would have been no issue, no club handed to the other side to cave your skull in with.

Instead they stand on a principle that has this nation divided. A stand bound to lose, as it should.

bpost......na, I think you are wrong to link the dopes on the far right with the dopes on the far left (progressives). I happen to think that the great mass of folks are somewhere in between those two poles...the problem is finding just the right "sweet spot" of conservative candidates who can hit that sweet spot with voters. My hope is that someone will emerge with enough conservative credentials that most folks will find attractive...a conservative BO if you will....someone who can come with a new conservative "hope and change" mantra that can get this country moving again economically. I think it will be a Gov somewhere not named Christie....and a conservative female to help him beat Hillary. It can be done.
    edited November -1
    I am "Happy" for you Gary..you have the answer for survival! Do you really think conservatism started with the "GOP"?[:o)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    I am "Happy" for you Gary..you have the answer for survival! Do you really think conservatism started with the "GOP"?[:o)]

pwillie......there you go again with the usual "Charles" attack. Heck, it is your thread! Do you want to win in 2014? 2016? Or do you want to see Hillary in the White House? Ideas? Suggestions? Quit with the attacks and come up with some good thoughts! Believe it or not, there are some very conservative happy folks...I know a few actually. But if states like AZ and FL and Kansas keep with this silliness, conservatism has NO chance to win! That is the reality.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray

pwillie......there you go again with the usual "Charles" attack. Heck, it is your thread! Do you want to win in 2014? 2016? Or do you want to see Hillary in the White House? Ideas? Suggestions? Quit with the attacks and come up with some good thoughts! Believe it or not, there are some very conservative happy folks...I know a few actually. But if states like AZ and FL and Kansas keep with this silliness, conservatism has NO chance to win! That is the reality.
    Gary,you are wise beyond your years! WE live in a world of haves and have nots! Conservatism is just a word used to try and trap a vote...I will vote for Hillary over Chris Christie...you know why? Because I know what Hillary will do.....[;)]
    edited November -1

Gary,you are wise beyond your years! WE live in a world of haves and have nots! Conservatism is just a word used to try and trap a vote...I will vote for Hillary over Chris Christie...you know why? Because I know what Hillary will do.....[;)]

pwillie...well, I guess that's where we split with your vote for Hillary...its that kind of thinking that got us BO. Sad actually for if we stayed together she would not have a chance. That so many on this Forum spit on Mitt and McCain and indirectly helped us get what we got for the last five years. My conscience is clear. I still hold out hope that would could agree on a candidate together to defeat Hillary but I guess you are not in the lifeboat with us who want to stop the "Hillary Express."[:(]
    edited November -1

pwillie...well, I guess that's where we split with your vote for Hillary...its that kind of thinking that got us BO. Sad actually for if we stayed together she would not have a chance. That so many on this Forum spit on Mitt and McCain and indirectly helped us get what we got for the last five years. My conscience is clear. I still hold out hope that would could agree on a candidate together to defeat Hillary but I guess you are not in the lifeboat with us who want to stop the "Hillary Express."[:(]
    We can agree,Gary....I'll vote my conscience, I hope you do the same...
  • DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The happys should all relocate to Iran.

They don't have a problem with happys there [;)]

Or Israel where they have a memorial to happy and lesbian victims of the holocaust. If there's a opportunity to make a buck, those people will erect a memorial to anything.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaveJ
    The happys should all relocate to Iran.

They don't have a problem with happys there [;)]

Or Israel where they have a memorial to happy and lesbian victims of the holocaust. If there's a opportunity to make a buck, those people will erect a memorial to anything.

In fact....they built a memorial to a non Jew named James Angleton as a way of recognising his contribution to the murder of JFK.
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale
    why is the word "HAPPY(S)" being used ? i believe everyone who reads and posts here, even the younger folks understand what happy (G-A-Y) means.

It's the auto sensor for a PC thing [B)]....not true freedom of speech.

then.., shut the damn auto-censor off !!
    edited November -1
    ...I like sensorship!...I think everyone that hates Jews should be sensored..(Censored) I don't hate Jews,Blacks are anyone...I don't hate Bonzo either...
    edited November -1
    ...I like sensorship!...I think everyone that hates Jews should be sensored..(Censored) I don't hate Jews,Blacks are anyone...I don't hate Bonzo either...

I don't hate them either. I do however recognize U.S. Jews for the traitors that most of them are. How much support from U.S. Jews was given to the 911 Mossad operation and how many innocent Jews died in the attack? You are supporting people who are willing to kill their own kind to achieve their goals
    edited November -1

I don't hate them either. I do however recognize U.S. Jews for the traitors that most of them are. How much support from U.S. Jews was given to the 911 Mossad operation and how many innocent Jews died in the attack? You are supporting people who are willing to kill their own kind to achieve their goals
    Your preaching to the Choir...as in Abraham Lincoln,...he killed more Americans than anyone! Was Honest Abe a Jew?
    edited November -1

Your preaching to the Choir...as in Abraham Lincoln,...he killed more Americans than anyone! Was Honest Abe a Jew?

No, he wasn't a Jew. The Carpetbaggers who looted the South were for the most part Jews and were overjoyed to see him dead and the South left unprotected from their exploitation.
    edited November -1

By the way....the big question once more....you know...the one you won't answer....Are you loyal to the U.S. or Israel? If you had to save one and let the other one perish, would you opt to save the U.S. or not?
    edited November -1

No, he wasn't a Jew. The Carpetbaggers who looted the South were for the most part Jews and were overjoyed to see him dead and the South left unprotected from their exploitation.
    ....man are you reaching....The Seceretary Of the Treasury (CSA) was Jewish...Judah P. Benjamin...Belle Chasse Plantation,La.
  • blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brewer signed and my local paper has written over 5,000 words on the subject, which sorry it is just to long and boring for me to waste my time on.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale

That's not the word I have for it.