In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

your governor cannot refuse refugees

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited January 2016 in Politics
but they can refuse to offer state help, and make it difficult and maybe slow down the process at best

take your pick, argue amongst yourselves, it is federal and reception centers are on federal property

http://tinyurl.com/o5nzxro

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUTE-94/pdf/STATUTE-94-Pg102.pdf

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good let em live in the processing centers..probably better stocked than any military px nowadays
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    good let em live in the processing centers..probably better stocked than any military px nowadays

after 90 days they can go wherever the please with no borders or boundaries just like you and me

I have a feeling , pressure cooker, lead pipes, roofing nails, fireworks and fertilizer sales are going to start soaring
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah that is exactly what Judge Andrew Napolitano said fox.[xx(][xx(]
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Columbus OH is already rag head central with all the Somali's they imported, give CASH too, provide health care, housing and untold freebies so a few more won't even be noticed until they blow up the State legislature building screaming ALLAH AKBAR...
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    can't afford anymore freeloaders in PA......................
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • MadjackMadjack Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You all seem to forget that each State is a country/government of it's own. Yes, the Supreme Court has "stated" that the Fed overrules the States, but in truth, their arguments are not rational nor follow the law. Of course, all of our Fed judges these days create their own belief system so that they can get their name in the paper/history books. We haven't had a court in this country that followed our "Rule of Law" for decades, maybe centurys. I, for one, have pretty much ignored any law that has been put on the books for years. A sad commentary for a guy who believes in following the law. It doesn't take a genius to read our Constitution/Bill of Rights and to completely comprehend them. It does take an honest judge, who believes in our Founding Father's visions instead of fame & fortune. This said, any State can decide on their own to accept or refuse taking these bums. If the Fed gives them crap about it, any State can simply remove itself from the Union. I don't want to see that, but if that's what it takes to gain our freedom back, then let's have at it.
  • AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they can refuse. It all comes out of the UN. We can refuse the UN directives.
  • Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The U.N. has a limited purpose. Very limited but very outspoken.
    The U.N. tries the shame game which works very well on liberals. Guilt trips, the haves and the have nots.
    However I am told it is a changing world, The World Economy, will be the downfall of many a country, which is why diversity should be practiced, no we do not want you, at this time maybe comeback later.
    The country that is unstable needs, has to find its own stability to move forward and become solvent as a form of government.
    Children, certainly unquestionable victims of any kind of violence, need to have an avenue of some kind of security.
    If the world needs to interject some kind of action, and who is to decide when and what action is needed.
    Perimeters of non influence and security could be set up and maintained for the first children, then noncombatants, in the country proper.
    The problem starts there, ends there.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not sure the UN has helped much ..like to see $$ benefits per $$ spent ...bet the $$ on big suits makes some of our so called charities look like pikers