In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

"Reagan warned us about Obama"

rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in Politics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3hY1eagq88

This video may be old news to you; more than 6 million people have viewed it. It's your choice to agree or not.

Comments

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obama is the anti-Reagan.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would take Reagan over the POS we have now and what are you smoking
  • nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GreatGuns
    Although I can't stand the great Oboombox, Reagan was still an evil lying POS himself. Must be a prerequisite for presidency. [B)]

People bought Reagan hook line and sinker and still do must have been the smile and hair do and that a boy speeches.

But anybody with a brain knows Reagan was not what everybody thinks he was and a lot of issues we have now can be pointed back to his admin.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    ...we were warned,,we were all warned,,,
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,308 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Although I can't stand the great Oboombox, Reagan was still an evil lying POS himself. Must be a prerequisite for presidency. [B)]
    Was gonna say, Reagan shoulda warned us about himself.

quote:nards444 Posted
    People bought Reagan hook line and sinker and still do must have been the smile and hair do and that a boy speeches.

But anybody with a brain knows Reagan was not what everybody thinks he was and a lot of issues we have now can be pointed back to his admin
    Got to admit I bit at the time, but I was in my 20s. With age has come wisdom.
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    So way back when Obama was a child, Ronald Reagan warned us about him? Seriously?

Some of you guys haven't just gone off the deep end on the Obama Derangement Syndrome, you have gone off the deep end and are now down there digging your way down to China.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    ...we were warned,,we were all warned,,,

About what?
  • DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter

But anybody with a brain knows Reagan was not what everybody thinks he was and a lot of issues we have now can be pointed back to his admin

I still can remember when he left office. He was given a $1,000,000 award by the Japanese for promoting free trade. That was after he left office and didn't have to turn it in. He and Nancy also got a free house for life. He was a low money grubbing small timer who could be bought for peanuts.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter

Dont get me wrong he did some good things. But hes just not the hero that the Limabughs of the world would like you to beleive. He did help end the cold war, although the USSR was on their way out and more of the iron curtain coming down was more of the Russians finally succombing to fiscal and administrative reality.
  • blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We owned a small 11,000 sq ft 18th century building located at 812 J St in Sacramento upstairs I had a small office that was Ronald Regan's campaign head quarters when he ran for governor, he was then a Barry Goldwater ultra conservative who was considered way to conservative to ever be elected, he beat 75 year old Jerry Brown's now Governor California's father with what was considered an upset.

He gained my respect when protestors took over the administration building at San Francisco state college, he sent in the National Guard and closed the campus, the famous President of that College showed up with a white construction hard hat, and Regan refused to talk t the College President, it stayed closed until the protestor perpetrators vowed obedience an had served there sentences in S.F. lock up .
    edited November -1
    I volunteered on Reagan's first Presidential campaign and voted for him both times.

Other than that, this thread having mmoved to the sewer of the Politics Forum ... UNSUBSCRIBED.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nards444

But anybody with a brain knows Reagan was not what everybody thinks he was and a lot of issues we have now can be pointed back to his admin.

Nards444....I don't know where you are getting your RR information, but you need to sit down and do some more reading on the guy. He is looking better and better....got us out of the Jimmy Carter recession, brought down the Soviet Union, strong leadership, rebuilt the American military, a rallying voice for the American people....exactly the things we look back on now with pride. Faults? Sure, but he is looking better and better in the eyes of most American folks who were around during his leadership of our country. Look at what we have now? You proud of it? Complete empty suit with our Community Organizer In Chief.....lightweight by any measure...no respect nor credibility except with those with their collective hands out. With RR, tons of both. Give me him any day of the week compared to the present occupant of the White House.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    quote:Originally posted by nards444

Nards444....I don't know where you are getting your RR information, but you need to sit down and do some more reading on the guy. He is looking better and better....got us out of the Jimmy Carter recession, brought down the Soviet Union, strong leadership, rebuilt the American military, a rallying voice for the American people....exactly the things we look back on now with pride. Faults? Sure, but he is looking better and better in the eyes of most American folks who were around during his leadership of our country. Look at what we have now? You proud of it? Complete empty suit with our Community Organizer In Chief.....lightweight by any measure...no respect nor credibility except with those with their collective hands out. With RR, tons of both. Give me him any day of the week compared to the present occupant of the White House.

Gary I would agree if you are comparing what we have had for the last 15 years or so Reagan looks great Ill give you that. And like I said Im not saying the guy was terrible, overrated yes. And your also comparing different time frames where the president doesnt necessarily have control over everything that is going on. Reagan wasted a lot of money on the military, and Reagan also instituted the buy now pay later mentality and had one of the largest debt increases ever. And pretty much started us down that road of having an enormous debt that we can never get rid of.
  • jones0430jones0430 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reagan economics also said it was fine to ignore deficits.

Why do you think Cheney said that deficits don't matter?

Supply side economics has been the worst thing to hit the country. Set us up for the Great Recession.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jones0430

Supply side economics has been the worst thing to hit the country. Set us up for the Great Recession.

I dont thin national debt is alarming as some make it out to be as its more than just oweing x dollars that comes into play. Now saying it doesnt matter like Reagan did and started us on the path of owing tons of it, isnt good either.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jones0430

Supply side works fine if government allows it to work. The 'Great Recession' was primarily a result of the Housing Bubble, which was artificially inflated from the demand side.

Supply side economics is nothing more than minimizing the negative impact of government upon business activity. Trading derivatives and sub-prime mortgages has nothing to do with supply-side economics (or any other economic model for that matter).
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    [/quote]

The housing market could only sustain [sell] 1.25 million homes small builders who knew their customers were ran out of business, by 2007 the big boys took over and the market soured to 2.75 hitting a high mark of over 3.5 million, nobody cared whether the market was sustainable because the Bank just servicers never lenders pasted the loans off to Freddy and Fannie in bundles or Aaa Tranches. The media
    in selective perception blamed everything on the sub prime, which was only a small part of the problem an the Federal Government ended up owning more real estate than the old USSR, it will still take another 3 full years to sell all of the government properties, a full time Government liquidator in 50 to 100 cells. In a Normal day one cell looks at 500 homes. It is a good laugh when a Realtor says he has an in. There are no ins.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by blogdog37

The housing market could only sustain [sell] 1.25 million homes small builders who knew their customers were ran out of business, by 2007 the big boys took over and the market soured to 2.75 hitting a high mark of over 3.5 million, nobody cared whether the market was sustainable because the Bank just servicers never lenders pasted the loans off to Freddy and Fannie in bundles or Aaa Tranches.

The media in selective perception blamed everything on the sub prime, which was only a small part of the problem an the Federal Government ended up owning more real estate than the old USSR, it will still take another 3 full years to sell all of the government properties, a full time Government liquidator in 50 to 100 cells. In a Normal day one cell looks at 500 homes. It is a good laugh when a Realtor says he has an in. There are no ins.
    [/quote]
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Excuse me, but Franklin D Roosevelt was the progenitor of deficit spending, not Reagan.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    Excuse me, but Franklin D Roosevelt was the progenitor of deficit spending, not Reagan.

Well your talking two different times, you had a great depression and the largest war we ever fought, much different times. And your also talking 12 years in office not just 8.

Even then Regan had 1.4 trillion in debt and FDR had 196 billion. Even if you factor in inflation its still less money.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The obvious difference is that Reagan presided over an era of vastly increasing receipts. He and Tip decided that increasing spending at a greater rate than the increase in receipts was acceptable, giving cover to every President that followed.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    I would take Reagan over the POS we have now and what are you smoking

Both of them qualify as dishonest filth. The dates, faces and words differ but in the end the U.S. is weaker.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

The obvious difference is that Reagan presided over an era of vastly increasing receipts. He and Tip decided that increasing spending at a greater rate than the increase in receipts was acceptable, giving cover to every President that followed.

Yes. He thought deficit spending was a good idea.
  • llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even a dead Reagan looks better than a live Kenyan POS potus. The Meir quote came from Himmler. Why kill the children? Because nits make lice.