In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Now the NRA went and did it,................

Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in Politics
http://tinyurl.com/nrt8s5u

What a crock about nothing. You can't even tell the truth anymore without being criticized.
"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner

Comments

• Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The media will need to be dealt with likely sooner rather than later. If they wish to operate as an arm of the Left, so be it. But when their lies and misinformation begin to impact my rights, and they behave as thought the rules of the game don't apply, do they expect to still play by the rules?

The Universal Background Check garbage is just that: Garbage. We are led to believe that a criminal who intends to use a gun to violate the law, will be stopped from obtaining a gun because they will follow the law on background checks.

Maybe we should just quit screwing around and pass laws that make it illegal to use a gun to rob, harm, or kill someone. That ought to fix it.

As far as Gabbie Giffords, it may be impolitic to say so, but she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed before she was shot, and allowing herself to be used as the anti-gun left's Chatty Cathy hasn't done anything to raise my opinion of her.
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    The article focused on how Giffords wasn't talking about stopping her shooter thereby invalidating anyones observation on the ineffectiveness of the checks. The reality is the only reason this woman has any relevance to any firearms discussion is based on her status as a victim. Therefore including the particulars of her experience seems to be one appropriate way to judge the merits of her argument.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    The article focused on how Giffords wasn't talking about stopping her shooter thereby invalidating anyones observation on the ineffectiveness of the checks. The reality is the only reason this woman has any relevance to any firearms discussion is based on her status as a victim. Therefore including the particulars of her experience seems to be one appropriate way to judge the merits of her argument.

Precisely.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Irrespective of her particular 'experience', and the merits of any 'argument' she may or may not have,....this article is nothing but another round of left wing PC bullsnit.

The NRA was not mocking her, just making a valid point that IS relevant to what she is standing for, even if she pointed out it would not have mattered in her particular case. She is still making herself into a posterchild for the cause. If you represent something,...own it, and stop the doubletalk.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh yeah I trust the media. They don't put a twist on their stories.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The NRA is free to use my comment:

Getting shot in the head makes someone an expert on gun control like getting rained upon makes someone a meteorologist.

Wonder what Rachel would think about that?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    media puts enough twist in things that it would keep a hula hoop going for a week
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

The NRA is free to use my comment:

Getting shot in the head makes someone an expert on gun control like getting rained upon makes someone a meteorologist.

Wonder what Rachel would think about that?

That it could be cooked in 30 minutes or less??

That it would cost less than $30??

I dunno!

[:)]

The link was to a Rachel Maddow Show blog.

[:)]

Brad Steele
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets just say when she was shot in the head she lost her mind and has not recovered it yet.
  • MYOMYMYOMY Member Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have lived in Tucson for 30 years and new Gabrielle Gifford's/Kelly since her father owned a large business here. She was a gun owner a shooter and still is a very decent person and until you jerks know what you are really talking about you should just keep your mouths shut. It isn't her, it is her husband Mark Kelley that is using her as a pawn in affiliation with Michael Bloomberg. Stupid senseless rhetoric.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MYOMY
    I have lived in Tucson for 30 years and new Gabrielle Gifford's/Kelly since her father owned a large business here. She was a gun owner a shooter and still is a very decent person and until you jerks know what you are really talking about you should just keep your mouths shut. It isn't her, it is her husband Mark Kelley that is using her as a pawn in affiliation with Michael Bloomberg. Stupid senseless rhetoric.

Wait, you're telling us that her actual message is the opposite of the one she is verbalizing, and that her husband holds some sort of power over her to make the words that are coming out of her mouth actually support gun control instead of opposing it?

Am I a jerk? Yeah, probably.

Gullible? I don't think so.
    edited November -1

I have a hard time considering someone who advocates for the destruction of my individual liberties to be a decent person. If she does not retain the mental capacity to understand what her husband is doing through her, then I pity what is left of her.

OTOH, there are millions of gun owners and shooters who do not have the first clue as to why we have a 2nd Amendment and who support universal background checks, firearm registration, 'assault weapon' bans, etc.

Did she support Federally mandated Universal Background Checks before she was shot?

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

I have a hard time considering someone who advocates for the destruction of my individual liberties to be a decent person. If she does not retain the mental capacity to understand what her husband is doing through her, then I pity what is left of her.

OTOH, there are millions of gun owners and shooters who do not have the first clue as to why we have a 2nd Amendment and who support universal background checks, firearm registration, 'assault weapon' bans, etc.

Did she support Federally mandated Universal Background Checks before she was shot?
    edited November -1
    To the best of my knowledge she did not ( personally ) her staff / who knows what goes on with them. She tried very hard not to get sucked into the debate as she knew it was a no win situation from either side. As to her husband Mark Kelly that is another story. After the shooting he became a very active anti-gunner. He went to one of the large gun shops here, as a set up, bought if I remember right more than one weapon and one was an AR/AK type then took the entire thing onto the media to show how easy it was to buy this sort of weapon within a very short time frame. This was to push for extended wait times for purchase. As to her mental capacity?? I am not her physician so can not say to what extent. But it is not good, but she is a fighter and has never given up. As for the incident when she was shot, I am positive that the same lunatic with a 7 in, blade hunting knife would have been able to cut her throat and she would be dead now. As to some of the comments here on this I can only say. Before you flap your jaws, WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES.
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1

I'm a Jerk? Mark Kelly was busted buying an AR 15 before a ban he was pushing could take effect. If you know them personally maybe you should have a talk with those two jerks and straiten them out. Tell em to stop shilling for the pinkos
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,253 ******
    edited November -1
    Of course, none of that excuses the current calls by her and her husband for background checks. And frankly, if her idiot husband can't understand that her attacker WENT THROUGH A BACKGROUND CHECK and how it was entirely meaningless for the outcome, then he is a big enough idiot that no one should be listening to him. But it sure seems that Gabby the advocate of killing babies does indeed endorse his message.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    To the best of my knowledge she did not ( personally ) her staff / who knows what goes on with them. She tried very hard not to get sucked into the debate as she knew it was a no win situation from either side. As to her husband Mark Kelly that is another story. After the shooting he became a very active anti-gunner. He went to one of the large gun shops here, as a set up, bought if I remember right more than one weapon and one was an AR/AK type then took the entire thing onto the media to show how easy it was to buy this sort of weapon within a very short time frame. This was to push for extended wait times for purchase. As to her mental capacity?? I am not her physician so can not say to what extent. But it is not good, but she is a fighter and has never given up. As for the incident when she was shot, I am positive that the same lunatic with a 7 in, blade hunting knife would have been able to cut her throat and she would be dead now. As to some of the comments here on this I can only say. Before you flap your jaws, WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES.

Her husband is a total piece of crap. He did not go to the media until the shop owner spilt the beans that he had purchased an AR. As soon as it was known, he concocted the story that he did it to prove a point.

I don't understand the 'Walk a mile in her shoes' comment. She is trying to have government infringe upon the individual rights of millions of Americans, and is using her tragic tale for political gain by playing the sympathy card.

I will not be drawn into a game of false acceptance of the unacceptable simply because she got shot. If she is only coming out now because she would no longer suffer politically since she left the House, she is as much of a hypocrite as her husband.

If we give her a pass, we need to give Sarah Brady and pass. Neither gets one because they are wrong on the merits.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Mission accomplished. Now we are having an in-depth rational conversation, backed by fact and not rhetoric. Always helps to get a real conversation going.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,253 ******
    edited November -1
    Mission accomplished. Now we are having an in-depth rational conversation, backed by fact and not rhetoric. Always helps to get a real conversation going.
    It was backed by fact from the beginning.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain