In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

D or R? Your County. Then your Congressman

MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in Politics
Let's talk about the political climate where you live.

My County votes 70% Republican, and the Congressional is Scott Tipton who wins with safe margins.

Do some of you gun guys live under a black cloud?

Comments

• cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No the sun always shines here.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Registered Voters:
    Democrat:76,808
    Republican:92,026
    Other:48,080
    Total:216,914

Rep for my precinct has always been a Republican. Two Senators are Marco Rubio (R) and Bill Nelson (Flaming D).
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO it matters not who is in office, the idiot brigade contains members of both parties. Most are self appointed saviors who get elected because the have fame or fortune or both. VERY damn few have an agenda to serve without personal gain and those that do are usually tainted before too long which is why I feel that term limits are required since voters are clearly too stupid. quote:Originally posted by MBK

My County votes 70% Republican, and the Congressional is Scott Tipton who wins with safe margins.

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Democrat by a wide margin, thanks to UNC Chapel Hill. Dimocraps win everything in this county. We are screwed. [xx(]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MBK

Same here and my "conservative" congressman continues to vote for Boehner...he lost my vote this past election.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My state, NC, is sold R right now. My county is mostly D but I have a good House rep in George Holden (R).

The other problem is that most of the R's are RINO or very centrist. We also have a bunch that bow down to the Dems and don't want to upset things too much[:(!]

Our problem are the lefty college professors and the transplants from NJ, CT and places like that they have all ready screwed up their home state, so they are trying to screw up NC too.

If we get 10 years to turn around the previous 100 years we might be OK.
    RLTW

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    15 years ago orange county was pretty conservative then came the invasion from the north and south
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Republican all the way....but guess what?...not me..Independent..[;)]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170
    15 years ago orange county was pretty conservative then came the invasion from the north and south

Even the invasion from the south was really an invasion from the north.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Democrat for decades until the revulsion of 1994. Been represented by neo-con idiots ever since.

The dem's policies were worse, but at least he's was honest.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Bit of each. I write all of them nasty letters. They all send me back form letters thanking me for supporting their efforts.

If they'd send a yellow Post-It note on one of them form letters that acknowledged I don't like any of them, that'd be better.
  • rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MBK

"Black cloud" would put it mildly. For example, in the 2012 general election, not a single person for whom I voted, from the township level all the way up to the presidency, won. So my voting was 100% perfect, in a negative sense. I don't know why I even bother to vote. (Minnesota, the only one of the 50 states to give its electoral votes to Mondale against Reagan in 1984, so what would I expect?)[:(][:(][:(]
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Nobody - Democrat, Republican, or other even bothers to run against Lynn Westmoreland.