In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

"TEA" party dead?

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in Politics
....some pundits are saying the Tea Party is dead...I don't think so....I believe the original reason for the Tea party is alive and well,at least in the South...Any members associated with the "T" party?

Comments

• wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The movement was quickly co-opted by the establishment repubs.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Yep it was co-opted and refocused onto non-important issues. It may as well be dead anyway.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have been free-loading dead heads all along. They want to enjoy the benefits of citizenship without paying the bills.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...not dead down here....I do think its more underground (silent majority type) than ever..
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cbyerly
    They have been free-loading dead heads all along. They want to enjoy the benefits of citizenship without paying the bills.

Free-loading dead heads? Really? Bull schnitzel! It started out as a great idea and has been co-opted by those that make politics a business.
    We want to enjoy the benefits of citizenship without having to pay the bill for everybody else that wouldn't know a good citizen from a hole in the ground. I am sick and tired of my money going to countries overseas that then turn around and try to undermine the US. I'm tired of paying for food, lodging, transportation, education, entertainment, and phones for people that could give a rats * about finding a job. I'm tired of politicians that talk out both sides of their mouth and try to blow sunshine up my butt all the while making it more and more difficult for me to make an honest living.
    I find your attitude towards those that would try to return this country to it's roots appalling.
  • Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1

Freeloading?? They are the folks paying the bills. Those with your attitude, in my experience, net out at ZERO personal taxes and are appalled that those paying upwards of 35% aren't happy to do so on their behalf.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    "TEA" party dead?

Hardly- Its the only viable 3rd party government fears.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    The DEM's certainly hope that they are not dead as the only hope the DEM's have is that the Tea Party and their fellowtravelers knock off REP's with lightweight and noname candidates that have no hope to win in a general election as happened in DE in 2010 with "the witch" Christine....and DE'ns have a very LIB Chris * stuck in a previously RED Senate seat thanks to the "wonderful" DE Tea Party.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    The DEM's certainly hope that they are not dead as the only hope the DEM's have is that the Tea Party and their fellowtravelers knock off REP's with lightweight and noname candidates that have no hope to win in a general election as happened in DE in 2010 with "the witch" Christine....and DE'ns have a very LIB Chris * stuck in a previously RED Senate seat thanks to the "wonderful" DE Tea Party.

Are you satisfied with the status quo, then? Shall we all just remain bent over and greased up and let 'em continue to give us the business?
    No more BS. Return government to We the People!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog

Are you satisfied with the status quo, then? Shall we all just remain bent over and greased up and let 'em continue to give us the business?

gary just wants him a republican, he's convinced himself that they're different. The fact that he's managed this in spite of the mountain of evidence to the contrary causes me to question his intelligence.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Charles Johnson
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog

gary just wants him a republican, he's convinced himself that they're different. The fact that he's managed this in spite of the mountain of evidence to the contrary causes me to question his intelligence.

Charles.....na, want I want is a conservative victory in both 2014 and 2016. Read what I typed about the Tea Party Witch in DE and what that got us.....a LIB DEM Chris * in the Senate. The Tea Party lost a least three conservative seats in the Senate in 2010 and I don't want to see that repeated. You like DEM's sitting in the Senate and the White House? All I hear from you guys is who you don't want....never hear who you DO want! Just constant negativity. I can support a Rand Paul...can you?
    edited November -1
  • blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry a valid 3rd party will/can never exist, winners need 30%, politicos of this Amalgamation of races political beliefs, are divided, concerted majority can/will never again happen.

We have a de factor two party dictatorship favoring very rich, and/or very poor. The U.S. compares to the German Weimar government of the 1920's,untrained youths 18 to 26, and college educated with BA's and Masters were jobless the Mark was useless Read about it yourself in the book De Fuehrer by author Konrad Heiden

I am aware of what my critics say, George does not live in this century, well ok that is part true I am nearing 80, I was born
    during the great dictatorships of the 1930's
  • blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by blogdog37
    Sorry a valid 3rd party will/can never exist, winners need 30%, politicos of this Amalgamation of races political beliefs, are divided, concerted majority can/will never again happen.

We have a de factor two party dictatorship favoring very rich, and/or very poor. The U.S. compares to the German Weimar government of the 1920's,untrained youths 18 to 26, and college educated with BA's and Masters were jobless the Mark was useless Read about it yourself in the book De Fuehrer by author Konrad Heiden

I am aware of what my critics say, George does not live in this century, well ok that is part true I am nearing 80, I was born
    during the great dictatorships of the 1930's
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Please define "free-loading", this discussion was about the Tea Party NOT Occupy.

I would think that anyone that would associate with a group or idea that has at its base and name TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY would be Tax payers. You know the ones paying the bills. The 53% that pay Income Tax.

If you pay Income Tax (NOT just PAYROLL tax) your share of the National Debt is $150,643

I follow the Lone Star Tea Party and have never been registered with either major party.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The only thing RED about Federal seat seeking Delaware politicians is the Soviet Era Red flag they honor. Don't take that as an insult to Delaware folks; the whole (R) party is rife with elite, self-serving, corrupt and morally bankrupt so called leaders.
    edited November -1
    The Tea Party was started because "Taxed" Americans were tired of the Repub and Dems screwing us...I am now an Independent! It doesn't matter who wins the elections! The Lawyers make the laws!.. Congress should be nullified by a majority vote of Americans..[xx(][xx(]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

The only thing RED about Federal seat seeking Delaware politicians is the Soviet Era Red flag they honor. Don't take that as an insult to Delaware folks; the whole (R) party is rife with elite, self-serving, corrupt and morally bankrupt so called leaders.

What the heck does this post mean? You don't know a thing about DE or the politics in that little state. Check it out!! The DE Tea Party ran a laughable candidate and she lost BIGTIME and the state is stuck with a LIB DEM in Chris *....so if you are going to say the same old tripe with no facts, just bug out....Moderator or no[;)]
    edited November -1

What the heck does this post mean? You don't know a thing about DE or the politics in that little state. Check it out!! The DE Tea Party ran a laughable candidate and she lost BIGTIME and the state is stuck with a LIB DEM in Chris *....so if you are going to say the same old tripe with no facts, just bug out....Moderator or no[;)]

gary wants facts???

Tell me about internet use in China, gary. Got any FACTS to share?

Tell me about the end of piracy off the African coast? Gimme just the facts, as you know them.

You are 100% tripe, blow it out your fat *.
  • e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are not dead,I know because The I.R.S is still giving Me the run around about My 2012 Tax Refund.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by e3mrk
    We are not dead,I know because The I.R.S is still giving Me the run around about My 2012 Tax Refund.
    This one of the reasons the Tea Party has elected to go underground...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Charles Johnson

gary wants facts???

Tell me about internet use in China, gary. Got any FACTS to share?

Tell me about the end of piracy off the African coast? Gimme just the facts, as you know them.

You are 100% tripe, blow it out your fat *.

This post is about the Tea Party and Charles is asking questions about....China and pirates! What a hoot! As usual, Charles has nothing to add to the thread but some whacked out thoughts. One guy talking about the Soviets....the other about China. Come on guys, add something relevant to the discussion....pwillie asked a good question.
    edited November -1
    After the last debacle brought on by the Republican Party, I am determined to vote for my benefit,not the National Union..I have wasted many dollars in the last eight years...starting with George W.....! I will waste no more of my money on anything that doesn't bode well for me...
    edited November -1
    we could get some indication of the condition tonight.
    edited November -1
    Will Texas give us a valid answer?
    edited November -1
    I don't know is there is a valid answer.
    Influence......there are 3 races i am watching. incumbent REP and long time politicians.
    i think turnout by district could be important.
    i guess i should go and look up the turnouts for the last 2 cycles.

i just herd on the news that it has been 30 years since a Democrat was elected to a state wide office.
    i don't think that is correct, perhaps 20+.[:)]
    being one of the redest of the red states the Tea Party influence might be obscure at best.
    i am already disappointed in U.S. Senate race.
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "Tea Party" was nothing more than a grass roots movement that the establishment repubs quickly identified as a threat and moved to co-opt it before any real damage to the status quo could be done. It will never become a viable political party because the current 2 party system will never allow it to happen.
  • e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If We were co-opted by the republicans they are going to be surprised because it's not just democraps we are going after this election cycle.
    edited November -1
    So?????? What happened to the Tea Party in TX? I don't know much about TX politics but from what I am hearing the Tea Party and its usual lightweight, not ready for prime time candidates, didn't do much. Same is going to happen in KY I'll bet. Thoughts? Could it be that the REP Party is getting it house together to defeat Hillary in 2016? And I am hearing that Sen Cruz did his usual pouting and complain'n.
    edited November -1
    I am not clear on what Senator Cruz would be "pouting and complain'n" about.
    I know 5 candidates he directly endorsed:
    Chief Justice Nathan Hecht 60%
    Justice Jeff Brown 72%
    Justice Jeff Boyd 100%
    Justice Phil Johnson 64%
    And Konni Burton for State Senate in District 10 43% headed for a runoff.

Surely he is not upset that Greg Abbott only got 91%.

For my part, I am pleased with the Lt. Governor race going to a runoff.
    Dan Patrick 41%
    David Dewhurst 28%

Also that a moderate incumbent State Representative District 94 was taken out by 10% points.
  • Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    quote:gary wray
    And I am hearing that Sen Cruz did his usual pouting and complain'n.

How about if your going to make statements like this expand/back it up Im curious the root of your thinking.

I don't have the feeling he is pouting and complaining, if you said that about Boehner (sp) I could very well agree. Or even about some of the republican elites. They see there nest egg is endangered their grip is slipping
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ford 23
    quote:gary wray
    And I am hearing that Sen Cruz did his usual pouting and complain'n.

How about if your going to make statements like this expand/back it up Im curious the root of your thinking.

I don't have the feeling he is pouting and complaining, if you said that about Boehner (sp) I could very well agree. Or even about some of the republican elites. They see there nest egg is endangered their grip is slipping

Ford23....well, again I am not in TX but do read a bit about it. Cruz did not support Cornyn (and he was smart enough not to support the Tea Party candidate who lost badly) so he was not happy that Cornyn won BIG TIME. Also heard that the Tea Party candidate against Pete Sessions also was demolished. And did I hear another George Bush won? So looks to me that the TX Tea Party got its clock cleaned. Again, just lightweight candidates not ready for prime time. Again, don't live there so perhaps I am wrong??? So when pwillie says "the Tea party is alive and well, at least in the South..." is that right in TX? I wonder if Katrina Pierson thinks so[;)]
    edited November -1
    I too was disappointed in Cornyn's win. Even thou he was endorsed by the NRA.
    It doesn't seem appropriate to me for one for the Senators to endorse the other in the primaries.
    Off hand i can't recall who Coryn endorsed in the 2012 primary.

George P. Bush may make a fine Commissioner of the General Land Office.

I am curious who you are "hearing" all this from? MSNBC?
    But per the Texas Office of the Secretary of State
    U. S. Representative District 32
    Pete Sessions(I) REP 29,523 100.00%

He was unopposed.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    It doesn't seem appropriate to me for one for the Senators to endorse the other in the primaries.

He was unopposed.

Your reason for being "disappointed" in Cornyn's overwhelming win over his Tea Party opposition is one reason why the Tea Party is hurting the REP Party. Cornyn is a strong conservative voice in the Senate, as you say supported by the NRA and who has a super conservative record, and still got a Tea Party lightweight to go against him. Very strange....and doesn't say much for the TX Tea Party. Again, I am not in TX and just watch these things from the sidelines....and I certainly don't watch MSNBC. As I have said on other threads, I have seen Tea Party lightweights hurt conservative candidates in other states, like DE, where a good REP candidate got beat by a loon lovely of the Tea Party and she was demolished in the general election by a LIB DEM and I don't want that to happen again. That Cornyn and Cruz don't like each other is pretty well known...heck, not many like Cruz as he has shown that he doesn't play in the sandbox well with others....perhaps you think that is a strength.....most do not. He has shown time and again that he is for.....Cruz....and that doesn't go far when one is looking for support. Cruz does not look like he is going to be in any way a leader in the party by any stretch...and he actually has a lot to offer. Kinda sad, actually.
    edited November -1

He was unopposed.

casper194.......where are you getting YOUR information? Sessions might as well be unopposed...but he demolished the Tea Party favorite....check it out. And all the judges you listed were shooin's anyway. Face it....the TX Tea Party took it in the ear all around....which gets to pwillie's question. When a Bush wins, the incumbent REP wins, the incumbent representative wins...and Tea Party bodies litter the road, they got beat. Get your facts straight. No wonder you are "disappointed." From what I read most in the TX Tea Party are "disappointed" with the results.
    edited November -1
    You are correct about Sessions.
    I didn't notice the results i had open were the 2012 primary.
    Katrina Pierson REP 16,560 36.38%
    Pete Sessions - Incumbent REP 28,954 63.61%

W is not the boogie man in Texas that he is presented in the media.
    He did many things i did not agree with, but i am at a loss to think of a POTUS that I fully agreed with.
    Just because his name is Bush should not disqualify him.

I see the Tea Party as an Idea or awareness. Not a political party. I have seen more people interested in and researching candidates. If this concept is dead then we are screwed.

If there is a list of Tea Party candidates i would like to know where it is.
    I could not find one.
    They are prohibited from endorsing a candidate (IRS status) only information and reported positions of candidates.
    I never found a Tea Party voters guide. only links to other voting guides.
    While there is an anti incumbent attitude among many Tea Party groups.. I am not anti incumbent,only some incumbents.
    edited November -1

He did many things i did not agree with, but i am at a loss to think of a POTUS that I fully agreed with.

I see the Tea Party as an Idea or awareness. Not a political party. I have seen more people interested in and researching candidates. If this concept is dead then we are screwed.

I could not find one.
    They are prohibited from endorsing a candidate (IRS status) only information and reported positions of candidates.
    While there is an anti incumbent attitude among many Tea Party groups.. I am not anti incumbent,only some incumbents.

casper147....thanks for fessing up to your mistake. Takes a man to do that and I respect your honesty. But where I sit the Tea Party does run candidates so one can't have it both ways....they lose so they didn't run anyone....they win and its a Tea Party victory. What a hoot. Everyone knows who they support....heck, just ask Ted Cruz! Again, in 2010 the Tea Party had some successes (like Cruz) but their poor candidates in three other races cost those states to go Blue and we saw LIB's elected where incumbent REP's owned the seat...cost us three good RED seats in the Senate. I don't think that is going to happen this year and if TX is any barometer, things are looking up for the REP Party and gives us hope for Nov and 2016.....and helps us all work to defeat the "Hillary Express."
    edited November -1

I could not find one.

casper147....thanks for fessing up to your mistake. Takes a man to do that and I respect your honesty. But where I sit the Tea Party does run candidates so one can't have it both ways....they lose so they didn't run anyone....they win and its a Tea Party victory. What a hoot. Everyone knows who they support....heck, just ask Ted Cruz! Again, in 2010 the Tea Party had some successes (like Cruz) but their poor candidates in three other races cost those states to go Blue and we saw LIB's elected where incumbent REP's owned the seat...cost us three good RED seats in the Senate. I don't think that is going to happen this year and if TX is any barometer, things are looking up for the REP Party and gives us hope for Nov and 2016.....and helps us all work to defeat the "Hillary Express."
    Gary,you will never get me are Tea Party member to respect the Gop again..! They are not my friend, and as I have said, I will never pull just the Elephants nose again.. Independence is what I'm seeking Nothing to do with defeating the Democrats at my expense!.