In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Debo P. Adegbile defeated in Senate vote

gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
edited March 2014 in Politics
Debo P. Adegbile, POTUS pick to head the Civil Rights Division, was defeated in a straight Senate vote today with several DEM Senators voting against him. VP Biden was there to vote for the cop killer defender on a tie but when LIB Senators Casey (PA) and * (DE) jumped ship and voted against him, his nomination failed 52-47. A rare victory and both Holder and BO are furious! Quite frankly, I am very surprised that the DEM controlled Senate did the right thing!

Comments

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No defeat...just a standoff that will pass on the next vote...Heck,Bonzo can just anoint him...[:o)]
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    No defeat...just a standoff that will pass on the next vote...Heck,Bonzo can just anoint him...[:o)]

pwillie....I don't think so. The DEM base is upset with this appointment overreach by POTUS and Holder. Their "blackness" has got in the way of common sense actually....when the law enforcement community across the nation is united against this appointment and LIB DEMs like Casey and * vote against the nomination and are not going back...the message is sent. This guy is radioactive and in this election year I think his nomination is DOA. Reed voted with the majority so he perhaps can bring it back for another vote but I don't think they will. Just another overreach by POTUS and a bit of a misstep actually...but another example of pandering to the "base."
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

The dems are only looking to secure their re-election and stay on the taxpayers' dole long after obamamama is gone.

[:(]

us55840....that might be the goal of a couple of the DEM's that voted this lousy nomination down, but not Manchin from WV nor *'s from DE as both are safe DEM seats. No, the pressure put on by the collective police leaders from throughout the nation actually had an impact on these two guys. Same with Casey from PA. But another example of Biden being the POTUS toadie....actually going to vote for this cop killer defender if it had come to that. But I think you are right with the guy from AK who is in the fight of his life for reelection. As a WV'n I am proud of Manchin for his vote[:)]
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray

The dems are only looking to secure their re-election and stay on the taxpayers' dole long after obamamama is gone.

us55840....that might be the goal of a couple of the DEM's that voted this lousy nomination down, but not Manchin from WV nor *'s from DE as both are safe DEM seats. No, the pressure put on by the collective police leaders from throughout the nation actually had an impact on these two guys. Same with Casey from PA. But another example of Biden being the POTUS toadie....actually going to vote for this cop killer defender if it had come to that. But I think you are right with the guy from AK who is in the fight of his life for reelection. As a WV'n I am proud of Manchin for his vote[:)]
    So,now your proud of a "Democrat"? Why not be proud of an Independent?
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Occasionally some people do the right thing for the right reason.
    If you agree with their vote let them know. And let them know when you don't.

I could only find 2 Independents in the Senate.
    Angus King (ME) and Bernard Sanders (VT).

How did they vote?

Who do they caucus with, the Republicans or Democrats?

Simply being an independent doesn't mean a thing.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray

So,now your proud of a "Democrat"? Why not be proud of an Independent?

pwillie.....I actually am an independent voter....I vote REP sometimes, DEM others...as I think mamy Americans' are. Since I am from WV I am much like Manchin....an old "blue dog" DEM who has a very conservative streak. Sadly, us bluedogs don't have much of a home anymore. Manchin did the right thing here as POTUS is very unpopular in WV and as I have said in other posts, could not be elected dogcather. The only time he has been in the state was for the sad funeral of the 29 miners killed at the Massey mine and most folks shunned him at the funeral....respectful of the office, but didn't so much care for him or give him the time of day. Sen Manchin reflects the WV feeling for POTUS and this lousy nomination. So I AM proud to be an independent voter who votes NO party line.....I just don't vote for loons. Do you?
    edited November -1
    *'s is getting beat up by the local NAACP chapter calling him a "traitor" to the POTUS. Big article in the only statewide paper today on *'s and how his non-support of the "wonderful" and "qualified" Adegbile is going to cost him in his reelection campaign. I'm betting it won't hurt him a bit. *'s smartly is laying low and refused to comment in the paper. DE's other LIB senator, Tom Carper, who voted for Adegbile is being questioned by the local FOP for that support.