In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Putin says dump the dollar !

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Politics
Looks like a currency war is coming!

serf

https://www.rt.com/business/313967-putin-says-dump-dollar/

In 2014, the Russian Central Bank and the People's Bank of China signed a three-year currency swap agreement, worth 150 billion yuan (around $23.5 billion), thus boosting financial cooperation between the two countries.

It's now up to the State Duma, Russia's lower house of parliament, to ratify the president's bill to become law.

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    interesting now that two historic enemies have joined forces against the great satan...will not bode well for us in many agendas
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Putin is a trip. Putin is a sneaky, devious, sly SOB, but Putin is 10X the leader we are saddled with. I watch him almost on a daily basis on our Russian TV channel. Unfortunetly I am also reminded daily that Russia is led by a MAN and we are led by a petulant man child. The Rubles value against the Dollar has been in free fall for sometime now, reaching lows of 70 Rubles to 1 dollar. In the last 17 years, the length of my marriage to a Russian woman, I have seen Ruble exchange rates typically in the 20s or 30s, a short time down around 16. But 70?? Putin is busy covering his butt!!
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Putin is a hell of a lot better leader than the muslim terrorist in the white house now.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a fan of Obama, but Putin is tanking his economy in a way that makes Obama look like Adam Smith.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Not a fan of Obama, but Putin is tanking his economy in a way that makes Obama look like Adam Smith.

Yeah but that World War soon to happen in Syria should pay for it![:o)]

serf

http://www.hangthebankers.com/world-war-3-why-russia-and-syria-are-being-targeted/

But why would this pipeline dispute put Syria in Washington's cross hairs? Three reasons:

1. This pipeline arrangement would significantly strengthen Iran's position, allowing them to export to European markets without having to pass through any of Washington's allies. This obviously reduces the U.S. government's leverage.
    2. Syria is Iran's closest ally. It's collapse would inherently weaken Iran.
    3. Syria and Iran have a mutual defense agreement, and a U.S. intervention in Syria could open the door to open conflict with Iran.

In February of 2014 this global chess game heated up in a new venue: Ukraine. The real target however was Russia.

You see Russia just happens to be the worlds second largest oil exporter, and not only have they been a thorn in Washington's side diplomatically, but they also opened an energy bourse in 2008, with sales denominated in Rubles and gold. This project had been in the works since 2006. They have also been working with China to pull off of the dollar in all of their bilateral trade.

Russia has also been in the process of organizing a Eurasian Economic Union which includes plans to adopt common currency unit, and which is slated to have its own independent energy market.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

We would trade debts with them in a heartbeat. No way Putin's put them 19 trillion dollars in debt like Obama has here. Putin has not spent more money than ALL the other leaders of Russia put together like Obama has either.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish Putin would run for POTUS....[8D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    I wish Putin would run for POTUS....[8D]

If the choice was between him or Obama I'd vote for him. Hitler or Stalin or any of them would be better than the SOB we have now.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    whatever happens putin and his chosen will still be among the richest in the world