In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Would you vote for Koresh?

ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Politics
Cruz is as close to a Branch Davidian as we will hopefully ever get for a POTUS.

"My son Ted and his family spent six months in prayer seeking God's will for this decision. But the day the final green light came on, the whole family was together. It was a Sunday. We were all at his church, First Baptist Church in Houston, including his senior staff. After the church service, we all gathered at the pastor's office. We were on our knees for two hours seeking God's will. At the end of that time, a word came through his wife, Heidi. And the word came, just saying, "Seek God's face, not God's hand." And I'll tell you, it was as if there was a cloud of the holy spirit filling that place. Some of us were weeping, and Ted just looked up and said, "Lord, here am I, use me. I surrender to you, whatever you want." And he felt that was a green light to move forward."

I know many blindly support his strict constitutional leanings but this guy is a far right religious zealot who wants to legislate your morality.

That isn't very constitutional

Comments

• TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No on voting for him
  • pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rather vote for someone close to God than someone in cahoots wih the devil!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • sohigh1sohigh1 Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pingjockey

Agreed. It's a sad day in our country when someone being close to God is considered a bad thing...
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This time I will do something I normally would not do.....I will vote for whomever the Republicans have,,,I would vote for Woody Woodpecker if it keeps Hillary out of office
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pingjockey
    Well said [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Scottymac
    Cruz is as close to a Branch Davidian as we will hopefully ever get for a POTUS.

"My son Ted and his family spent six months in prayer seeking God's will for this decision. But the day the final green light came on, the whole family was together. It was a Sunday. We were all at his church, First Baptist Church in Houston, including his senior staff. After the church service, we all gathered at the pastor's office. We were on our knees for two hours seeking God's will. At the end of that time, a word came through his wife, Heidi. And the word came, just saying, "Seek God's face, not God's hand." And I'll tell you, it was as if there was a cloud of the holy spirit filling that place. Some of us were weeping, and Ted just looked up and said, "Lord, here am I, use me. I surrender to you, whatever you want." And he felt that was a green light to move forward."

I know many blindly support his strict constitutional leanings but this guy is a far right religious zealot who wants to legislate your morality.

Time for you to learn how government in our nation is supposed to work. The Executive branch, led by the President has the job of upholding and defending the Constitution and enforcing the laws passed by Congress, GOT IT?

Congress passes legislation that the President can pass or veto, if he does veto it Congress can override his veto making it the law of the land and BY OATH the president is honor bound to enforce it.

I hope you are with me so far.

Now nowhere in the above do you see the ability of the President to make law or legislate morality. Since the Constitution is silent on many of these issues it falls back to the Tenth amendment spelling out States Rights and the powers of the people.

I will support and defend a man of faith, humbling himself in front of God, asking for guidance and forgiveness long before I support a megalomaniac narcissist that claims he has done nothing in his life wrong that would lead him to ask God for forgiveness.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

Time for you to learn how government in our nation is supposed to work. The Executive branch, led by the President has the job of upholding and defending the Constitution and enforcing the laws passed by Congress, GOT IT?

Congress passes legislation that the President can pass or veto, if he does veto it Congress can override his veto making it the law of the land and BY OATH the president is honor bound to enforce it.

Now nowhere in the above do you see the ability of the President to make law or legislate morality. Since the Constitution is silent on many of these issues it falls back to the Tenth amendment spelling out States Rights and the powers of the people.

I will support and defend a man of faith, humbling himself in front of God, asking for guidance and forgiveness long before I support a megalomaniac narcissist that claims he has done nothing in his life wrong that would lead him to ask God for forgiveness.

Damn straight!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • sohigh1sohigh1 Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

A million amens! Nailed it.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I believe, if you would look into what Cruz actually states, you would find it is most definitely Constitutional:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/ted-cruz-happy-marriage-secret-audio-217090

From the link:

During the question period, one of the donors told Cruz that happy marriage was one of the few issues on which the two disagreed. Then the donor asked: "So would you say it's like a top-three priority for you - fighting happy marriage?"

"No," Cruz replied. "I would say defending the Constitution is a top priority. And that cuts across the whole spectrum - whether it's defending [the] First Amendment, defending religious liberty."

Soothing the attendee without contradicting what he has said elsewhere, Cruz added: "People of New York may well resolve the marriage question differently than the people of Florida or Texas or Ohio. ... That's why we have 50 states - to allow a diversity of views. And so that is a core commitment."

If you can find a Cruz statement that supports your statement that Cruz wants to 'legislate morality', please offer it up.

Edit: To get the link to work, you need to change 'happy' to the evil, discriminatory and obviously dangerous three letter adjective that is commonly use in describing same-sex marriage.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So I guess you are good with a Muslim man of faith too right[:D]
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So far there is no one I want to vote for. Where is Barry Goldwater when you REALLY need him?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    So far there is no one I want to vote for. Where is Barry Goldwater when you REALLY need him?

Pushing up daisies.

Don

Brad Steele
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

What does him practicing his religion have to do with constitutionality?
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not sure if I can say what mentality a person has for saying Cruz is a Koresh type candidate as it might get me banned.
    So I won't say you're a blithering idiot as that would be rude[:D]

I would delighted if Cruz became president.
    He is a man of faith and by far the closest to being correct constitutionally than any candidate running.

However, because he is so far to the right (both in being too conservative and being right as in correct) he has little to no chance in the general with a liberal, Qay, trany, baby killing, anti-gun, illegal alien loving, welfare voting population to be president.

To say Cruz is close to being a Branch Davidian makes as much sense as saying Barack Obama is competent
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am provocative, or better yet a Troll if you will.
    I don't mind if you don't like my opinion or even want to call me an idiot that is OK Wulfmann.

I do worry that a guy who hears God talking to him through his wife is running for President, I've heard of people who say God told them to kill too.

And for those who I offended I think more religion in the world and surely the morals that come with it is a great thing just not legislating one persons morals over another persons freedom.

quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    I am not sure if I can say what mentality a person has for saying Cruz is a Koresh type candidate as it might get me banned.
    So I won't say you're a blithering idiot as that would be rude[:D]

I would delighted if Cruz became president.
    He is a man of faith and by far the closest to being correct constitutionally than any candidate running.

However, because he is so far to the right (both in being too conservative and being right as in correct) he has little to no chance in the general with a liberal, Qay, trany, baby killing, anti-gun, illegal alien loving, welfare voting population to be president.

To say Cruz is close to being a Branch Davidian makes as much sense as saying Barack Obama is competent
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I respect your opinion to not like Cruz or believe his thinking God does not talk through someone I just find it offensive linking him to Koresh.

That is incredibly absurd and has nothing to do with your right to an opinion

IMO that is like saying anyone who drives a Mercedes is like Hitler, makes no sense
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .....No David Koresh......a Jimmy Swaggert!...being religious is not a reason to be POTUS..
    edited November -1
    So I guess you are good with a Muslim man of faith too right[:D]

A Muslim would be for Sharia Law, which runs contrary to our Constitution.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    I respect your opinion to not like Cruz or believe his thinking God does not talk through someone I just find it offensive linking him to Koresh.

That is incredibly absurd and has nothing to do with your right to an opinion

IMO that is like saying anyone who drives a Mercedes is like Hitler, makes no sense
    The ignorance of the OP is encyclopedic. Ignore the troll.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    I don't mind if you don't like my opinion or even want to call me an idiot that is OK Wulfmann.

I do worry that a guy who hears God talking to him through his wife is running for President, I've heard of people who say God told them to kill too.

And for those who I offended I think more religion in the world and surely the morals that come with it is a great thing just not legislating one persons morals over another person

Two things:

1. Currently Cruz polls better against Clinton than does Trump. He actually polls ahead of suggesting he would win and Trump would lose to her.granted, it is too early to take this as gospel, but it is where things stand now.

2. Please, as requested earlier point out where Cruz has stated he would attempt to legislate morality. He is on record as stating favors return the definition to the States, where it has been up until a year ago. Simply repeating leftist talking points is no substitution for the truth.

Brad Steele
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Donald Trump is the only guy that can get Cross over Dems as well as Repubs to vote for him....Libertarian styles will cause a loss...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Donald Trump is the only guy that can get Cross over Dems as well as Repubs to vote for him....Libertarian styles will cause a loss...

Liberty and The Constitution are less important to you?
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Any of the three guys running is better than ANY Democrat. Ollie North would be good, I really wish Fred Thompson was still around.

Religious or not doesn't make a damn to me since we all know there is a separation of church and state both by tradition and law. How many of you didn't vote for Romney because he was a Morman? It didn't matter. The only reason the Muslim was able to push Islam is because Congress didn't have the guts to buck him.
    In many ways, having a Black as President was much like having a 'tard for President. To hammer him would have gotten him all type of sympathy since he's mentally handicapped.

The shape this country is in right now is horrendous. With the circus people and freaks taking over, the sexual perverts, all flavors, atypical, tranny, lesbos, child molesters, sex with animals, incesters, you name it, they need to be exterminated.

Legally or through anarchy, I don't care which, we need to reclaim America. Today on Facebook there was a meme with Donald Trump's picture. It said "Describe Donald Trump with Two Words". The first two that came to mind were "Mein Furhrer".

To stop the Muslims, we're going to have to accept some measure of Fascism since Democracy will not be able to defeat them. Can Trump be controlled any more than Hitler could be? I like to think so, but once that ball starts, we're gonna have to be on guard as a nation.

I hope everyone has the sense and patriotism to vote this time. It's paramount that a Democrat not win the Presidental election.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

Liberty and The Constitution are less important to you?
    And Trump is still the only one polling as a loss to the dems. It appears we're headed into another election cycle where the GOP will try to out democrat the democrats. A losing proposition. Always.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • e8gme8gm Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being a Christian is having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

The church pews are filled every Sunday with millions of "religious" people who are not Christians.

Ted Cruz is true Christian and will garner my vote when it's time to cast it.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I would add here that I would much rather have a morally conscious man making Constitutional decisions for our nation than a man (or woman) that has little or no moral compass.
    Vote Cruz.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Provocative? Nope, no a deep enough thinker for that.

An Internet Troll, yes you are; based upon your tenure here since you joined.