In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cruz....

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Politics
....is speaking , and I can't stand to listen to the same old rhetoric about Clinton and Obama....this is why I can't support this guy...and Rubio is no better.....The only real qualified person is at home...[xx(]

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Cruz is the only candidate that will champion 2nd amendment rights.[:)]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

+ 1
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

But he (Cruz) is a liar. You can't trust anything he says. Take his position on immigration and the wall. He has done nothing about it since he has been in the Senate. And he wont either if made president.

And I just don't think the Americans are ready to be led by a Cuban, and an anchor baby.

Choose someone a little more American!
  • captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this poll doesn't look good for trump either
    Trump vs Hillary
    http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TM651Y15_13
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate Trumps hair and he sounds like a Yankee. I don't trust any north east Republicans......especially the ones that support Democrats.

Now that the substantive part of the decision is out of the way.

Cruz DID try to stop the funding of Obama's amnesty as well as the ACA. Where was Rubio and Trump?

He was criticized for trying. Was trump funding Schumer and McConnell because he disagreed with them?

Which candidate wants' to reduce the size of the Federal government and which one wants to put really smart people in charge.

Which candidate wants' to replace the tax code with a fairer flat tax, and which one wants to tweak the existing code yet again.

Which candidate wants' cut regulations that are putting American business at a disadvantage and which one wants to boycott a cookie or make a phone manufacture build domestic.

Which candidate will nominate a Justice that will defend the Constitution and which one knows how to make a deal.

Why won't Trump release his tax returns? In the same answer to that he said he was being audited for the last 2 years..........5 years......12 years. Is there a lie in here? Or does he not want anyone to see the amount of support he has provided to Democrats?

An anchor baby is NOT the result of an American citizen and a LEGAL alien.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Amish

But he (Cruz) is a liar. You can't trust anything he says. Take his position on immigration and the wall. He has done nothing about it since he has been in the Senate. And he wont either if made president.

And I just don't think the Americans are ready to be led by a Cuban, and an anchor baby.

Your Lily white * is showing today. [xx(][V]
    Where has Cruz lied about immigration?

Do be careful, some others have fallen into the trap of not understanding a poison pill amendment when calling Cruz a liar. The man is way smarter than most humans you will ever hear speak.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So was Jimmy Swaggert ,until he was defrocked...I don't trust preachers running the country....[:o)]
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't made up my mind yet but No body has yet proven that Cruze lied. Accusations mean nothing. I believe Trump and Cruze both will defend the 2nd. The reason I know Cruze is on the right side of the fence is because the establishment hates him. That has to be good. I think Trump will shred hillary in a debate.
    edited November -1
    Donald is in it because he knows some one has to step up and do some good for the country,not the(entitlement) people! I like his business approach...He knows if we get the Dems back in....it will be down the drain..Hillary is very vindictive, Bernie wants to give mre away....Trump know unless we solve the nations business problems (EPA) etc....it will be a third word country..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Donald is in it because he knows some one has to step up and do some good for the country,not the(entitlement) people! I like his business approach...He knows if we get the Dems back in....it will be down the drain..Hillary is very vindictive, Bernie wants to give mre away....Trump know unless we solve the nations business problems (EPA) etc....it will be a third word country..

Yup!

Cruz lost what little favor I had for him by LYING that Carson had dropped out of the race.
    [}:)][}:)][}:)]
    Except.... that didn't happen.[:I]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Then why did he apologize for doing it??

Brainwashed

Yup!

Cruz lost what little favor I had for him by LYING that Carson had dropped out of the race.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Scottymac

Brainwashed

Yup!

HE didn't do it. Someone in his campaign did and he apologized for the actions of his campaign staff. Don't confuse the man with the machine.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog

Brainwashed

Yup!

HE didn't do it. Someone in his campaign did and he apologized for the actions of his campaign staff. Don't confuse the man with the machine.

Yep. I swear, some folks are such tools of the left. It's gotta feel demeaning.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1

Brainwashed

Yup!

It takes so very little effort to get decent information but some folks are still quite happily lapping up the MSM Kool-Aid. Makes one wonder...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Amish

The only liar I see is you... spouting lies about a great potential president.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    Cruz supports separation of Church and state LOL

Yeah right

Cruz is canceling your Social Security and Medicare

Cruz is legislating your daughters womb

Go fly a kite Cruz you are not fooling me

Establishment boy beholden to Big Oil and his wifes Wall Street money
    edited November -1

Brainwashed

Yup!

It takes so very little effort to get decent information but some folks are still quite happily lapping up the MSM Kool-Aid. Makes one wonder...
    Yep. Like some that think there is a restriction that requires the separation of church and state. Obviously the board is getting crowded with non-thinkers that are all too willing to inflict their lies upon the forum. Pathetic really.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    Cruz is on life support....god bless him...
    edited November -1
    Cruz is now quoting Democrats! This guy will say anything...
    edited November -1
    How can anyone who supports forcing a woman to carry a baby conceived of rape to term be for the death penalty?

I am for the death penalty but I can't imagine forcing a woman to carry a baby conceived of rape to term.

What is wrong with this wacko guy?
    edited November -1
    How can anyone who supports forcing a woman to carry a baby conceived of rape to term be for the death penalty?

I am for the death penalty but I can't imagine forcing a woman to carry a baby conceived of rape to term.

So you would kill the child for the sins of the father?
    Is the unborn child guilty of anything?
    edited November -1
    I would keep Government out of the decision!

and allow the woman to make the choice.
    It isn't so much about killing the child it is about forcing a woman to carry and deliver a child conceived from rape for 9 months that is sick.

Now since you support forcing a woman to deliver a child are you willing to pay for it?

So you would kill the child for the sins of the father?
    Is the unborn child guilty of anything?
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This seems a strange sticking point, a candidates PERSONAL view of abortion.

In my perverted view of government the POTUS does NOT have the power to reverse a Supreme Court decision. I know that is an antiquated view, I guess I am stuck in the past.

I do not believe Cruz thinks it is within the power of the President either.

I don't think the public should be forced to pay for this either. $500,000,000 of public funds last year to Planned Parenthood for abortions. It looks like rape is a lot more common than I thought.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Putting aside the fact (facts are difficult for Trumpettes, I understand) that Cruz support a 10th Amendment solution regarding Roe V. Wade, if one truly believes that a fetus is a human being, it is impossible, as tragic as it is for the mother, to deny that human life because of the conditions of its conception.

The bottom line is that a person who supports the killing of a human being because it was conceived via rape is pro-choice. This is, however, a fairly insignificant issue, as the number of conceptions by rape are statistically insignificant. They are tragically significant for the woman in question, of course, and unless you choose to live under a rock, you have heard the stories of women who have chosen to go through with the birth because of their strong pro-life views.

How would you advise your daughter? I would support her decision, either way. Does her psychological distress trump the life of the fetus? If life begins at conception, it probably does not. Does destroying a 64 cell mass constitute the termination of a human life with the morning after pill? From the moral position of some, it does. I would be hard pressed to justify this from a scientific standpoint, though the exact number of cells is impossible to determine.

This is why, IMO, that the 10th Amendment solution promoted by Cruz is not only the only true Constitutional solution, it is also respects the fact that our population is not samegeneous (the auto-censor really screws up a concept sometimes). While Trumpettes wish to erase the lines around the states, Cruz understands their value and how the diversity generated by these divisions is a huge part of the success of our nation.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Putting aside the fact (facts are difficult for Trumpettes, I understand) that Cruz support a 10th Amendment solution regarding Roe V. Wade, if one truly believes that a fetus is a human being, it is impossible, as tragic as it is for the mother, to deny that human life because of the conditions of its conception.

The bottom line is that a person who supports the killing of a human being because it was conceived via rape is pro-choice. This is, however, a fairly insignificant issue, as the number of conceptions by rape are statistically insignificant. They are tragically significant for the woman in question, of course, and unless you choose to live under a rock, you have heard the stories of women who have chosen to go through with the birth because of their strong pro-life views.

How would you advise your daughter? I would support her decision, either way. Does her psychological distress trump the life of the fetus? If life begins at conception, it probably does not. Does destroying a 64 cell mass constitute the termination of a human life with the morning after pill? From the moral position of some, it does. I would be hard pressed to justify this from a scientific standpoint, though the exact number of cells is impossible to determine.

This is why, IMO, that the 10th Amendment solution promoted by Cruz is not only the only true Constitutional solution, it is also respects the fact that our population is not samegeneous (the auto-censor really screws up a concept sometimes). While Trumpettes wish to erase the lines around the states, Cruz understands their value and how the diversity generated by these divisions is a huge part of the success of our nation.
    +1 Well said Don.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain