In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Libertarian & Tea Party & NAACP Working Together

ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
edited June 2014 in Politics
Members of the Libertarian and tea parties will join with the NAACP in protesting no-knock warrants and the war on drugs.
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/local/habersham-rally-set-saturday-morning/ngFnk/

Comments

• gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Why am I not surprised at this unholy alliance? Sad, actually but completely understandable.[:(][:o)][:I]
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    It's not the existence of the "drug war" I'm pissed about. That crap is slavery by the proxy of chemical dependency.

It's not the no-knock warrant, generally speaking, that I am pissed about. At times the bad guys are seriously bad enough I can see the value in "aggressive police action".

It's the flat out incredible incompetence displayed in the killing of innocents, injuring of innocents. It's the over-kill where it just weren't needed.

Which doesn't stop there. Then we get into the hubris of the people who screwed up. The self serving pride and sense of infallibility, even superiority, overwhelm all good intentions.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Follow the money and power-
    U.S. Government openly imports drugs into this country if you pay the fee under the table.

The U.S. Government Fights drug importers that don't pay the fee under the table.

The war on drugs is the biggest joke in history...
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Serving a no knock warrant should require a judges signature for the no knock entry and after the raid there should be a review board. The review board should not be made up of all people on the public payroll. I know LE reviews these actions as part of the protocol, but for forced entry there should be a separate review board also.

There has been a move to let LE decide how to serve the warrant once it is issued. I know that does not exist in every jurisdiction and a judge must sign off on them. But once the warrant is issued, in some jurisdictions, LE makes that decision sans a judges input.

I know serving any warrant can deteriorate into a bad situtation where events take on a life of their own and necessity dictates actions.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good move on the part of each group.
    What's next?
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    I agree!quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    U.S. Government openly imports drugs into this country if you pay the fee under the table.

The U.S. Government Fights drug importers that don't pay the fee under the table.

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At some point in time the Democrats and Republicans need The "People" NAACP, Libertarians,and The Tea Party to show the Big Two the door....
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    Good move on the part of each group.
    Yep.
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF

When I was in the army one of my commanders mentioned that he had spent time with a JTF on the Mexican border. When asked if he felt like they were accomplishing anything positive he stated that at best he felt like a $10.00 whore and left it at that.
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Members of the Libertarian and Republican tea parties will join with the Democrat NAACP in protesting no-knock warrants and the war on drugs.

What is our exit strategy in the war on drugs, or war on poverty for that mater. We have lost them both.

The people with the Tea Party can't be BLACK, or can they?
  • blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I spend a lot of time in Mexico, except for the first and second amendment Mexico is more of a free country than the U.S.

If you get stopped by the Military, they are looking for drugs or what they consider dangerous military type weapons, shotguns, or deer rifles are illegal however, small bribes are a way of life, if they feel your a legitimate hunter your welcome to Mexico, one high ranking officer spent a long time looking at my African mounts from my 2009 hunt on my camera.