In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Interesting Data on Future Dark Weapons

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Politics

Comments

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Future dark weapons from a report dated or update in December of 1987?

Hmmmm....a theory based upon drawing energy from a vacuum or 'free space', coupled with the statement that the existence of scaler waves is not proven, but if they do 'their energy source is not clear' leaves me with little concern that it is a technology that we can implement any time soon.

I think money would be better spent on matter-energy-matter conversion so that when such things are posited in the future, one can just say 'Beam me up'.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cannot see beaming... to break something down to its smallest level and reassemble without a screwup seems like real scifi
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    cannot see beaming... to break something down to its smallest level and reassemble without a screwup seems like real scifi

Matter will not be sent, only data. The arrangement of the atoms will be positively defined and then re-created at the receiving end. Heisenberg will have to be re-visited, of course, but that is not a whole lot more far-fetched than energy from nothing.

Once the matter is re-created and re-assembled perfectly, however, have we transferred the consciousness or soul, as it were, of the first individual? If, as most believe, the soul is not a physical phenomenon, we will never be able to achieve proper matter-energy-matter conversion of sentient (or possibly even living) beings in general. If we could, however, the next problem becomes a moral dilemma.

The individual that is going to be transferred will have to be scanned. This is best done without the destruction of the individual, as instantaneous scanning without destruction will be obviously be more accurate. The problem is then what do you do with the first individual? Each transport will then create a second identical being. The destruction of the first individual is necessary to accomplish the task of transport, as to not destroy it would mean that each effort will copy that individual. The problems with this copying are obvious, but once a transport/copy is accomplished, we are left with two individuals, one of which should not exist.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the meantime, they can reflect energy off different layers of the atmosphere and affect weather and communications. And even mentions free energy sources! Tesla was right!

serf

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1029
    /2007RG000235

The AGU is divided into 11 sections that provide the main structure for managing volunteers, developing leaders and honoring scientists. These sections also reflect the breadth of science within Earth and space science: atmospheric sciences; biogeosciences; geodesy; geomagnetism, geohealth; paleomagnetism and electromagnetism; hydrology; ocean sciences; planetary sciences; seismology; space physics and aeronomy; tectonophysics; volcanology, geochemistry, and petrology.
    The atmosphere, ionosphere, and magnetosphere are coupled. The ionosphere is a thin but highly variable lower boundary of the magnetosphere where it meets the atmosphere. One example of the interaction between the geospace plasma and the atmosphere is the aurora. Electrons, and sometimes protons, accelerated by plasma processes in the magnetosphere, travel through the ionosphere and excite atmospheric constituents such as oxygen by collisional impact. The excited species relax back into ground state by radiating photons at specific wavelengths that are observed as aurora. Another example is the auroral electrojet, which is an electric current in the lower ionosphere at 80?120 km altitude that arises in response to high#8208;latitude convection electric fields of magnetospheric origin. An example of atmosphere#8208;ionosphere interaction is the neutral wind that drives the ionospheric wind dynamo in the E region, which produces electric fields that map into the F region to produce plasma drifts. The fact that the atmosphere, ionosphere, and magnetosphere are coupled implies that energy supplied to mainly the ionosphere by EM waves to some extent is transferred to the significantly denser atmosphere as well as the distant magnetosphere, which provides rich possibilities for geospace research. See, e.g., the review by Newell et al. [2001] for the importance of the ionosphere in the geospace environment.

The recently constructed SPEAR facility located on Svalbard inside the polar cap has the potential to produce interesting research results in the near future. Further, powerful EM waves can be used to perturb naturally occurring currents and layers, such as electrojets, PMSE, and sporadic E layers, to study their properties in stimulus#8208;response type experiments. In addition, the interaction of EM waves with large#8208;scale free (natural) energy sources gives access to a host of possibilities, including interaction with radiation belt electrons; excitation of ULF, ELF, and VLF waves by modulation of electrojet currents; and interaction of the pump#8208;excited plasma turbulence with auroral particle precipitation.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek

Oh now, it's a factual event ... I"ve seen it happen many times on Star Trek.

[:D]

Oh don't you mean like that aluminum glass they just invented? [:D]
    serf

https://makezine.com/2012/01/17/transparent-aluminum/
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think it would be a sin, to machine a perfect twin...so i'll be happy just here with me, instead of a screw up making three.....no need to beam me upper just send a beer and supper....i'll make do with what i've got, whether it's perfect or not