In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ATF heads up

koolkiller6koolkiller6 Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
I received a certified letter today from ATF. It seems they want me to "turn in" a 13 rd clip I purchased ( in kit form) through ebay prior to " sunset"in Sept.They say although it is legal now it wasn't earlier this year so it must be 'turned in'.
They ARE watching what we do and have been.

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Very interesting. Appreciate you posting. Would seem like the ATF could spend their time catching the real crooks instead of something petty such as your 13 round clip. Any chance you could post a copy of the ATF letter (with your personal info blanked out of course)?

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    I'd like to see that as well.....
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I somehow don't believe this story. If ATF really gave a snot they'd have paid a visit. ATF would want to turn the buyer into a government witness against the seller. I've not heard of magizine kits anywhere. The extensions are not kits.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • koolkiller6koolkiller6 Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Defender, the ' kit ' came from a dealer in Germany. He was selling many Glock items.$20 sounded better than $75+ from USA sellers. By kit I mean it was in pieces/parts and I had to assemble. If my PC literate wife can do it I will scan the letter.Son, I wish it wasn't real but it is. This is a sad dawning for all of us who hold dear our liberities.[V]
    By the way, the clip states "restricted in USA-post 9-13-94 ".
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's those ATF agents for you. The magazines are legalized now, and you didn't commit any crimes even when you owned them illegally.

Every time I think of how unfair the law is, I just remember that I'm a member of the GOA, and I smile at the fact that the Demonkrats got annhilated in the last election.

It will be a very good day if we eliminate the Demonkrats completely, and then have a choice between the Republicans or the Constitution Party.[:)]
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    That's those ATF agents for you. The magazines are legalized now, and you didn't commit any crimes even when you owned them illegally.

Every time I think of how unfair the law is, I just remember that I'm a member of the GOA, and I smile at the fact that the Demonkrats got annhilated in the last election.

It will be a very good day if we eliminate the Demonkrats completely, and then have a choice between the Republicans or the Constitution Party.[:)]

[:D][:D]