In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gotta Love It

mapdogmapdog Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
At a local show, I found the Glock 23 I wanted for the price I wanted from a dealer who was willing to offer me a good trade on my S&W 639. The only problem -- "Instant Background Check." I waited approximately three hours until I was the last customer in the arena after closing the show. At that point I found myself on the phone talking to the State Police. It seems that they want to check some things from my past residence of Harris County, Texas. Keep this in mind: I have lived in Virginia for 22 years without so much as a traffic violation while serving in the military with a Secret security clearance. I also have been issued a Virginia Concealed Carry Permit. As it turns out, they will not be able to clear this up until the Harris County courts are opened on Tuesday. All the while, I saw some of the most unsavory appearing individuals walking away with gun in hand. By Tuesday, the show is over and gone so goodbye trade, goodbye Glock, goodbye deal. Yet most criminals can buy a gun at a moments notice any day of the week.

Comments

• Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    possibly things are differt in virginia but in my state the nics check is either a proceed, delay or deny. none of which ever end with the customer talking on the phone, they just do not release this information over the phone. anyway what do you mean by criminals can buy a gun at a moments notice, you dont mean from a dealer do you. what was they reply of the instant criminal check?
  • Options
    The DutchmanThe Dutchman Member Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    East coast or west coast are all the LEFT coast to me.