In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

travel with firearms

IIISKAREIIKROIIIIIISKAREIIKROIII Member Posts: 252 ✭✭✭
Hey, I was just wondering what the laws are for international travel with firearms. Break down the gun, ship any pieces, talk to anyone? also if anyone knows the regulations for Russia, Finland, and Germany, that would help. As detailed as you can get. Thanks

S.K.

Comments

• Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    International travel will include following the laws of our country, plus the country you are going to. US Customs deal with those issues. Contact them for full reports. They'll be able to tell you all you need to know.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Jesus Christ believed in the right to keep and bear arms, Luke 22:36.

-Gunphreak
  • Options
    BurningDailyBurningDaily Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not entirely sure but I believe that a gun put in a suitcase (if you are going by plane) that is stored under the passenger cabin is ok. If I were you, I would make sure by calling the airport or something like that.
    -burn

"How many times have I told you that when I hear the words 'civil rights attourney', I reach for my glock?? How many times have I told you that when I hear the words 'civil rights attourney', I make sure my AR-15 is oiled?"
    -Dr. Savage
  • Options
    kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Know the laws of the country you are going to. It is against the law to enter some counties in this country with a firearm. I would never attempt to enter another country. I have been told to pawn a gun in the US before trying to enter Canada, or they take your gun at the border. You can reclaim the gun when you reenter this country.
  • Options
    kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I was unclear. You can reclaim your gun from the pawn shop. NOT from the Canadian border guards.