In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

From Kauai, North Shore-Back Home!!!

ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,
Got into our cabana about two hours ago, went to the store, stocked up and now it's R&R. You guys have got to see this place Heaven on Earth. Check out these pix are from last year but same place. I'll get some good ones this year too. You lose all sense of reality in a place like this. It is almost surreal. These are of the cottage, there is nobody within 15 acres of us. The long green grass area leads to a pathg down to our own private beach.
a12.jpga24.jpg
http://pub36.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/3063023929
a26.jpga27.jpg

a28.jpga29.jpg

a30.jpg
Life is GOOD, but I still don't like gun grabbers!

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like someplace I wouldn't mind spending a lifetime or two.
    Only problem I see is, NO mountains. [:0]
    Enjoy yourselves.

Good thing you added that line about gun grabbers, or I would have to move this thread to the General Discussion forum. ROFL.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK picknup, here are some mountains.
    a18.jpga17.jpg

a20.jpga19.jpg

a21.jpga10.jpg

a14.jpg

• WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beautiful, Comengetit. My wife made it over to HI right before we started dating, but I've never been there myself. Would love to visit sometime. Don't think I want to live there though, full of Dems from what I hear. In fact, Hawaii provided 2 of the 22 Senate votes against Roberts today.

But don't mind that now buddy, kick back and relax, and have a beverage for us here on the forums. [;)]

Hey, stop by a gun shop over there if you get a chance. Just curious what is available and what their restrictions are (waiting period, etc.). Be curious if they have gun ranges over there too. Looks like a lot of open space.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
    edited November -1
    WW-I haven't seen a gun shop, I don't know if there are any. I'll check the phone book. Having Mai Tai's for you all.

edited November -1
    Well I found two gun shops on the islandThe Hunting Shop of Kauai and Shooters Paradise. I shall check them both and get back to you guys.

edited November -1
    Nice Magnum P.I. pose on your profile page, Comengetit.

LOL!

[:D]

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
  • jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks like you're having a great time. Enjoy your vacation!![:D]
    edited November -1
    WW- Hey come on now, that's just how it happened. Besides I don't like that show, however, Tom Selleck is a gun guy so we like him.[:D][:D][:D]

OK, I just looked at it, it's a bit posey looking but hey, that's just who I am.[8D][8D][8D]

I gotta say this place doesn't suck! [:0][:0][:0]

Thanks ja, we are having a blast. Relaxing, just what this tired old body needed.[B)]

New Picture!!! This is taken from a helicopter. This is the rainiest spot on Earth.
    a22.jpg

• 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good guy gunsmith in Hawaii- but over on the island of Molokai- Mel Chung. Hawaii has a LOT of firearm restrictions.

Friends help you move. REAL friends help you move BODIES!
    edited November -1
    Well I'm home again, seems like we just left for Hawaii. Oh well, had a great time, got to kick back and just relax, 'twas nice 'twas.

Went out on a gun shop hunt on last day there. I found 4 shops listed in phone book and 1 more from "The Hunting Shop of Kauai". Bad news from the islands men, seems our 50th State didn't get the Bill of Rights memo. I had a nice chat with the gentleman owner and he told me, there is a one week waiting period for any gun, he can only sell what customs will allow through, it takes him 8-9 weeks to get an ammo shipment in, there is no place on the island to shoot unless you own land. I asked him how he is surviving where the other's are all out of business, he said "it ain't easy, and I'd hardly call it survivin', more like hangin' on til someone changes these horsepoop laws." He had 4 rifles, 5 pistols, and about 10 boxes of ammo for sale. All hand guns were .22's and the rifles consisted of 1 .300 Mag, 2 .22lr's, and 1 .243, His ammo was all .308 and .223 no .22, humph go figure.

That was it all others, including the one he referred me to, were closed down. No wonder 2 of the 22 votes against Judge Roberts came from Hawaii.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
    edited November -1
    quote:there is a one week waiting period for any gun

Still shorter than Kali... 10 days there.

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

• Childe_RolandChilde_Roland Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Still shorter than Kali... 10 days there.

i wonder more and more why i am going back there.. [:(]