In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bloomberg / Adventure Outdoors suit

woodmaster9woodmaster9 Member Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
I'm sure most of you know of the lawsuit against gun dealer Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna, GA by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. It has been going on for a couple of years now. For those that do not know, here is a quick summary.

Mayor Bloomberg sent a team of his people to several gun shops around the southeast and made illegal gun purchases. At each store one individual purchased a gun, presumably a state resident, and then transferred the gun to another person, a non-resident. The self-proclaimed savior-of-all-things-evil mayor then filed federal charges against these dealers for illegal sales, so-called straw purchases. The fact is, the sales in every way conformed to law; it was the Mayor's team that deceived the gun dealers and violated federal gun sales laws by lying on the ATF 4473 gun sale form and by purchasing a guns for another.

These cases involved at least three Georgia gun dealers. All have settled out of court; paid big cash settlements, except Adventure Outdoors. Adventure Outdoors has chosen to stand their ground and fight Mayor Bloomberg in court. This case is the reason for the relevant provisions of HB89 that Georgia Governor Perdue signed into law today.

Adventure Outdoors, rather than cowering to the demands of Mayor Bloomberg, has stood its ground by filing suit against the mayor. The problem is that AO is expected to incur legal costs of over $400,000. This does not include the many thousands that have already been spent on this case over the past two years. Adventure Outdoors is a small business. Its owners are not filthy rich. They are good people. They are basically standing alone in a suit against multi-millionaire Bloomberg and the City of New York.

Adventure Outdoors needs our help!!! Let's put our money where our mouths are and lend a hand to our friends at Adventure Outdoors. Many of you rant about protecting your gun rights; now is your chance to prove it. Let's help Adventure Outdoors and let Mayor Bloomberg know that his illegal tactics will not be tolerated. Please get off your checkbooks and help them out with whatever you can afford, even if it's only 5 or 10 bucks. Donations should be mailed to this address:

Bloomberg Fight Back Fund
630 Windy Hill Road
Smyrna, GA 30080

Donations can also be made online and paid by Papal. For more information on the pending suit or to make online donations, just go to the Adventure Outdoors Fight Bloomberg website at http://bloombergfightbackfund.com/

Adventure Outdoors is one of the finest hunting and fishing stores in Georgia(and we'd like to see it stay that way). You can find out more about them at their main website at http://www.advout.com/

By the way. I do not work for AO. I have made one contribution of $100 about a year ago and I am planning another contribution of $250 this week.

Your friend,
Chuck

Comments