In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Big Takeover

interlockingfieldsoffireinterlockingfieldsoffire Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
Has anyone here read this article that was recently published in Rolling Stone?

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/26793903/the_big_takeover/print

I know rolling stone is not the most credible source out there, but this article hits home.

It is very long, but worth the read. Once you read it you will know how thoroughly screwed we are and find out how long we have been getting screwed.

First they rob us, then they will take away our rights, which they are laying the groundwork for as I write.

Do yourself a favor and read this.

Comments

• afartinthewindafartinthewind Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a popular sentiment. Just like with any other Grand Conspiracy Theory, on this scale it wouldn't be possible to create without some major information leakage.

Besides, don't believe for a second most of those people are mentally capable of orchestrating something of this complexity, but it does sound very stirring to those who need excitement in their life. It would make for a great story for some sort of political thriller.
  • MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So you want to get your analytical opinions from a severe leftist?

Do yourself a favor and stick with the mainstream folks on getting a grip on AIG and the financial crisis.

If nothing else, wiki the man and see just how normal he sounds.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Much of what is happening at this time, is the culmination of years of planning.

Oh wait, I'm sure it is all just one big accident. [xx(]
  • afartinthewindafartinthewind Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Much of what is happening at this time, is the culmination of years of planning.

Yes, and attack on WTC in '01 was an inside job.

max_tinhat01.jpg
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    more than likely 9/11 was orchestrated by men of great wealth and power...

And yes our nation is dancing to the symphony of destruction..
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For 10 years, I was a trader for one of major firms mentioned in that article. All I will say is that is the single best explanation of this event that I have yet to read.
  • texdottexdot Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi,been off line for about 2 years but I'm poking my head back in now,so don't jump on me if some of what I say has already been talked about.So,at least 6 miltary bases have had encampments built inside them that would house a thousand people or so.For what who knows.Hillary was in Mexco last week sayng it is the U.S. fault in part for the violence in Mexico because of the U.S. insatonable appetite for drugs.Supposedly the drug lords are gettng their guns from the states.A few days ago I read somewhere that there was a possibilty that Obama may decde to open the southern border and let 100s of thousands of immigrants move north to escape the violence south of the border.Hence,the camps already built. At the same time all illegal immigrants already here would become citizens as well as the new arrivals. So why do this,who knows,other than 20 million more democrats and 1 step closer to the possibility of no border at all between the U.S. and Mexco.
  • nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is leftist about the article is it fails to give enough creedence to the power grab by our government, other than that it describes the con pretty well.

Forces that may seen diametrically opposed to one another, are infact, in union. Take the UAW and the GM brass, for example. No automaker could survive on the pention obligations of GM. Does anyone really think this was not forseen? The union and the management sold the company down the river for personal short-term gains. Same with our goverment and our captains of the financial and real estate industries. There does not need to be a big secret plan (but its probable much of it was) as long as the ones in charge can mutually bennifit by making a big mess.

THe article is wrong on one count. The business leaders just made lots of dough, its the government thats getting a big power boost.
  • jerry batemanjerry bateman Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Nomatic Tap
    I am a GM. retiree. We were told many time during our working years that the retirement fund would never run short of money. I sure hope me and all GM. retirees don't lose our meesely amount of $$ we get each month for our 30 years plus service.
  • nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Jerry. I am so sorry. I think you were being lied to by the union and the management. I hope I am wrong.
  • EnderEnder Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by afartinthewind
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup

Yes, and attack on WTC in '01 was an inside job.

max_tinhat01.jpg

Irrelevant arguments, however funny prove nothing.