In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Good Logic Might Save Us. Try This...

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
I have long felt that we progun people don't "fine tune" our verbal arguments as well as we could. For example, Jim Brady, the husband of Sarah Brady, the head of Handgun Control, Inc, was quoted in parade Magazine 06/26/94 with the following comment in regards to gun ownership and use "For target shooting, that's okay. Get a license and go to the range. for defense of the home, that's why we have police departments." But he is a living example of the flaw in his own logic regarding his statement. When he and Pres. Regan were shot by John Hinkley, he didn't even have to call and wait for the "police" (several secret service agents armed with fully automatic weapons) becase they were ALREADY THERE to protect Jim Brady and Pres. Regan. But both STILL got shot. Now if you call this twist of logic to the attention of the anti-gunners they will say this is merely proof that it does no good to attempt to protect you and your family with a gun. And while sometimes this might be true, in the interest of the basic animal right of self defense, the final chance and choice should not be taken from the citizen who wants at least a last chance to try and decide his/her won fate and not be forced to rely on "police departments".

if they don't want us to have guns for self defense, what do they want us to have?

Comments

• Options
    357357 Member Posts: 403 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THe problem I see with saying, "You need to only depend on the police," is that it takes minutes for them to come once they are called. In rural places, or even in cities with heavy traffic, this argument makes no sense. [;)]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Bradys, and their clan, have not said anything YET that makes sense to me.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.flashbunny.org/content/retainedrights.html

Check this out.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    gunphreak: that is a cool pro-gun site. I didn't pay to join (yet) but I did sign up on the "annoucement list" (I think). Thanks. Larry

if they don't want us to have guns for self defense, what do they want us to have?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    gunphreak: that is a cool pro-gun site. I didn't pay to join (yet) but I did sign up on the "annoucement list" (I think). Thanks. Larry

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just doing my part.

Since you originally come up with the topic, I figured it could use a boost.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• Options
    Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Stated TR FOX: But! I am sure that time will prove me right. I really don't mean to be a pessimist, but just what is it that would lead one to believe: Common Sense or a couple Million well constructed sentences will cure the Liberal Delirium of which we now find ourselves subject.
    It was the Wise, Strong, and Devout that won American Independence. It is the Wise, Strong, and Devoted which will maintain our Independence. There are many American Citizens aware of what the Liberaal Agenda is.
    Everytime I hear; "The New World Order" I get spooked. The first time I heard that phrase coined was by the "Great Adolph Hitler", (yes, the German People went along with the program, as good Subjects should). (The price "The German People" paid was enormous, the price "Jewish, Russian, Polish, French, and American People" paid was horendous.) Was it "Foresight" or "Intestinal Fortitude" the German People lacked?
    We American Citizens; Have Major Problems, a Problem of the First Magnitude, and it's Looming just ahead. Those of us on the cutting edge will be the first to pay the price, the rest disorganized and divided will eventually fall. Then there are those which didn't seem to have a clue from the beginning, or merely didn't care.
    Has anyone considered the Invasion from Mexico, (The Border Patrol stopped them in the 40's, I am sure they could stop them now?) Has anyone considered the Drugs in our schools and why "Dare" is a ridiculous phrase at best? Has anyone considered how our Local Law Enforcement is being sequestered into service by the Federal Government, yet crime is worse than ever? Local Police will be turning against Joe Average as if The Average Person were the enemy. (Does this have the stench of anything witnessed in recent History?)
    It is a shame; Sarah Brady actually believes she is doing America a service, (just as Bella Abzug and Gloria Steinhiem, thought they were doing "Woman Kind" a service).

I have a suggestion: Find "Colt Industries" on line, find out who owns Colt now. Research; Why Farbraque National did not get the U.S. Military Contract for the M16 - why the M16 was re-designated the M-4. I can supply much information concerning the actions of our Congress and our Government. I fear it will make little or no difference. "The Libraries are filled with words; the Words just sit there". ACTION, builds a Country, ACTION destroys a Country, ACTION saves a Country.

Reasearch the Laws, Rules and Regulations to which you are Subject; I think you will find; Being an American Citizen (in good standing)[:(] is like walking a Razor's Edge.

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Man that ain't no BS, Ronnie.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1